• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 7, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
6.4

1. Jun 16, 2013
    Based on the premiere alone, True Blood is beginning to correct some of the mistakes it made last season. Sure it's not as good as season one or two, but it's a marked improvement over last year. Less obnoxious allegory and more character and relationship driven plot is always a good thing.
  2. Oct 10, 2013
    A little messy, again, like season five but it was such an improvement from the previous season. Werewolves story line is such a secondary plot now and it felt like it wasn't supposed to be there! It was nice to see Sarah return and I think most of the plot lines were good. The finale has set up an interesting new path and I am excited for season seven, which will be the final season (I think it is time we say goodbye to True Blood, so hopefully they make it good and do the series justice) Expand

1. Reviewed by: Sara Smith
    Jun 14, 2013
    The show could use a return to what made it great in the first place: [Sookie and friends] battling monsters with the help of benevolent, attractive bloodsuckers.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jun 14, 2013
    True Blood is neglecting the potent subtext of vampire myth--forbidden sex and romance--in favor of political allegory. [24 Jun 2013, p.39]
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Jun 14, 2013
    As to whether the show will get back on track, the early signals are mixed.