Vanished : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 21, 2006
5.0

1. staciac
    Aug 27, 2007
    I loved the show and can't wait to see the end.
  2. LyleM
    May 14, 2007
    Fair to poor. Would-be clever scenes tacked together to look like a thrilling TV show, but not making much sense. Characters all over the map but not really going anywhere. Frantically dull. I didn't keep watching when it changed times. The finishing up on a website was good for a laugh, though.
  3. JeanaW
    Feb 14, 2007
    I loved the show and want to see the rest of it.
  4. IloveVanished
    Dec 30, 2006
    Some of the actors were crappy, but over all this show was awesome. It kept you guessing what would happen next plus it had a lot of twists and turns. Even though it had low ratings FOX should have kept it going for the last 4 episodes. Even though they are avalible on the web some people cannot view them, including me. I hope Vanished at least comes out on DVD, and soon!
  5. JudyN
    Dec 19, 2006
    The "finale" left more questions than answers. Please bring back Vanished, even if we have to watch it on Fox's Vanished website!!!!
  6. GailM
    Dec 12, 2006
    Great program. good suspense. I MISS IT!!! and the least the producers can do, is to run all the episodes that were filmed and ready to be aired. That we have to go in search of it is ridculous. why not run the remaining episodes when all the reruns are on during holidays or ??? on Saturday night TV that stinks? LOL.. Good, I feel better now, but not happy that I don't know the end.
  7. maryl
    Dec 8, 2006
    I thought this was a great show and I am extremely upset that it is cancelled
  8. ElliotM
    Dec 2, 2006
    Well, thank god the worst show of all time has been cancelled. The writing, directing, and most particularly, the acting, absolutely sucked. None of these actors should ever be cast again, particularly the ones playing the daughter and her boyfriend. They were especially awful. I hope never to see them again.
  9. mandy
    Nov 4, 2006
    why did kelton have to die? its soo not fair. it was a 10 until he got killed...
  10. RichardG
    Nov 4, 2006
    My fear was that this series would be too complex and would lose me if I missed an episode but if I can become addicted to 24 AND miss an occasional episode... My craving for answers hasn't wained and I find the actors top notch.
  11. Lynne
    Oct 31, 2006
    Amazing show, can't wait until the next episode, love how it keeps you guessing the whole time!
  12. Samantha
    Oct 31, 2006
    Love the show and love Gale Harold, amazing actor loved him on Queer As Folk!
  13. JenniferM
    Oct 31, 2006
    Love the show, can't wait to see what happens next!
  14. AliyaS
    Oct 28, 2006
    Although it is not as good as Prison Break, Vanished is fast paced enough to maintain interest, and has quite a few twists and turns that would keep viewers guessing, I thoroughly enjoy this show and look forward to its next episode.
  15. garyb
    Oct 27, 2006
    i love the show
  16. WilliamB
    Oct 27, 2006
    Great Show, Love The Suspense, Hope It Doesn't Get Cancelled.
  17. ShabbaK
    Oct 26, 2006
    Love it!
  18. peterd
    Oct 20, 2006
    Eye popcorn and I can't wait to find out who kidnapped the lady.
  19. AlanM
    Oct 13, 2006
    Vanished is suspense at its best, with good characters and an exciting plot.
  20. MK
    Oct 10, 2006
    I want to know what happens next.
  21. MiguelQ
    Oct 9, 2006
    Bad enough...now add 'Esai Morales' and call if Cancelled.
  22. LuisL
    Horrible, no thanks.
  23. AlmaS
    Oct 9, 2006
    Should be re-named 'Cancelled'
  24. SaraP
    Awful....
  25. RosaR
    Oct 9, 2006
    Poor Script, not worth watching...All they have to do is add an 'amateur' actor like Esai Morales...then the series will 'Vanish.'
  26. moviebuff
    Oct 5, 2006
    VANISHED is a top notch show that keep syou spinning with intrigue. MUST WATCH
  27. Sstewart
    Oct 3, 2006
    if agent kelton dies, so shall this show
  28. deiredef
    Oct 2, 2006
    fast paced, interesting political concept...some very obvious flaws that everyone can see. In addition the actors are stiff...especially the actor who plays the senator...and sorry...the fbi agent is also a light weight. But oh the intrigue of the plot!!! That's why I continue to watch. I just hope we find out who and why before they cancel it.
  29. DawnA
    Oct 2, 2006
    This show is getting better every week. I'm really enjoying it. It's got a good story and I hope FOX doesn't cancel it and leave fans hanging again like they did last year with Reunion.
  30. JoeT
    Sep 25, 2006
    Great Show. I like it.
  31. shaynew
    Sep 25, 2006
    vanished will live up to the hype just give it time!!!
  32. MH
    Sep 22, 2006
    Jeez guys - its obvious that the negative reviewers were somehow biased to begin with, or just never gave it a chance. I admit, the first 2 episodes were kinda slow, (like most pilots are) but it picked up and now I can't wait until Mondays. To make such a quick decision to replace Gale Harold to boost ratings (Bahahahahaaa!) is ridiculous. It will for sure fail now because without Jeez guys - its obvious that the negative reviewers were somehow biased to begin with, or just never gave it a chance. I admit, the first 2 episodes were kinda slow, (like most pilots are) but it picked up and now I can't wait until Mondays. To make such a quick decision to replace Gale Harold to boost ratings (Bahahahahaaa!) is ridiculous. It will for sure fail now because without Agent Kelton the show is nothing. He is a wonderful actor and doing a great job with the crap that he was given to work with. The fact remains, that Gale Harold is the only one holding the show together and keeping viewers. When he goes, so will the show. Fox is insane. Expand
  33. TrixieJ
    Sep 21, 2006
    Quality deteriorating. Plot muddled. Acting not good from any actor.
  34. CristyB
    Sep 21, 2006
    I love Vanished and look forward to each new episode.
  35. JenniferS
    Sep 20, 2006
    This show is awsome... I love this show, it has alot of suspence
  36. BillD
    Sep 20, 2006
    We didn't see it until episode 4. Downloaded the others to catch up. We think it's great
  37. ChristE
    Sep 20, 2006
    more gale harold can never be a bad thing
  38. RenaM
    Sep 17, 2006
    I think that the fist episode was good, but I don't know what the show has to offer during the season so we'll see.
  39. FernandoL
    Sep 15, 2006
    Best Show on T.V.
  40. ElizabethS
    Sep 15, 2006
    I love Vanished,
  41. peterm
    Sep 13, 2006
    The worest show yet from fox. where is 24?
  42. CarolF
    Sep 12, 2006
    I really like the show. It moves very fast, and is intense. The plot has many twists and it causes me to focus on the clues and different angles of the kidnapping. It is obviously more than a "ransom" kidnapping.
  43. PhilS
    Sep 12, 2006
    they hyped it so much. I think they spent more time on the commercials in reality it's borrrrrrring. I predict it will simply vanish from the airwaves very soon.
  44. LatishaC
    Sep 12, 2006
    I did not want to watch it (not another show) but I got sucked in on the 1st episode and now it is a must see for me !!
  45. EmmaL
    Sep 10, 2006
    The funniest thing is seeing names I recognize from the zaniest of fansites from QAF and Gale Harold. Fans (the word comes from 'fanatic', which says a lot) think that just because they share a delusion (that some celebrity is perfection on legs) everyone else will come to share it in time. Thus you have insane stalker-lunatics saying that Gale Harold is a good actor. Handsome, The funniest thing is seeing names I recognize from the zaniest of fansites from QAF and Gale Harold. Fans (the word comes from 'fanatic', which says a lot) think that just because they share a delusion (that some celebrity is perfection on legs) everyone else will come to share it in time. Thus you have insane stalker-lunatics saying that Gale Harold is a good actor. Handsome, yeah. Well-cast in QAF, yeah. But talented? Come on. Only to the deluded True Believers out there. Fans give TV viewers a bad rep as having no taste. Anyone who's not a fan has to admit this show isn't going to last. It's got bad acting, bad writing, and an overcomplicated premise. I love intensity ("Six Feet Under") and shows that aren't easy ("House"), but they have to do it well and have great writing as well. An actor being cute might be reason enough to watch "Smallville" (no effort required), but not something like "Vanished". Expand
  46. GordonT
    Sep 7, 2006
    Tell me is there anyone on this show you can like? I know its not the greatest of scripts but with all the characters they have there are only 2 or 3 actors. Some of the plot lines a so obvious its painful. Maybe over the course of the series they will be able to develop someone you can like.
  47. AlanK
    Sep 6, 2006
    This shows takes place in Atlanta. So how come no one has a southern accent? I lived in Atlanta for 13 years and I can tell you most people have an accent. I cannot imagine a senatorfrom Georgia without an accent. He wouldn't be elected.
  48. KevinB
    Sep 5, 2006
    The first couple episodes were really bad, like Lost's 4 billion mysteries-upon-mysteries with no answers. Only here, instead of way too much character development, we get way too little. Okay, none. But the third episode didn't pile on a bunch more mysteries and it focused on a lot less on all 500 characters and it still moved at a decent clip. A couple more like this, and The first couple episodes were really bad, like Lost's 4 billion mysteries-upon-mysteries with no answers. Only here, instead of way too much character development, we get way too little. Okay, none. But the third episode didn't pile on a bunch more mysteries and it focused on a lot less on all 500 characters and it still moved at a decent clip. A couple more like this, and I'll stick around for the season. Expand
  49. JustMe
    Sep 5, 2006
    Come on! What the heck was Fox thinking? This is a Without a Trace wanna be that doesn't even come close to the quality of the original. I think the majority of the positive ratings are all coming from people with the hots for the actors on the show and not the show itself.
  50. HeidiP
    Sep 5, 2006
    The only thing lacking in this great series is a leading lady with some depth. The actress that plays Agent Mei needs to come through with the intensity that Agent Kellan provides. Go Gale!
  51. GR
    Sep 5, 2006
    I like most folks, tuned in to see Gale Harold. He had me hooked in QAF. I've stuck it out through 3 painful shows. The story line has some potential, but the characters are HORRIBLE!!! Especially Marcy, the senator's daughter. She has the IQ of a brick. I can't believe how much of an idiot she is. The brother too. I gave Vanished more than enough chances. Even the previews I like most folks, tuned in to see Gale Harold. He had me hooked in QAF. I've stuck it out through 3 painful shows. The story line has some potential, but the characters are HORRIBLE!!! Especially Marcy, the senator's daughter. She has the IQ of a brick. I can't believe how much of an idiot she is. The brother too. I gave Vanished more than enough chances. Even the previews for the next episode are boring. I hope this gets cancelled and then maybe, Gale can get something with more substance. Vanished is like the backwoods borderline retatrded cousin of 24. Expand
  52. Mia
    Sep 3, 2006
    I will watch anything with Gale Harold!!!!!!!!
  53. ChristinaE
    Aug 30, 2006
    Sorry guys, I hear Gale Harold gets killed in episode five. That's the rumor...
  54. JamesS
    Aug 30, 2006
    Show has great potential.
  55. SusanaA
    Aug 30, 2006
    Acting is weak (senator mostly) but I'm sucked in.
  56. wC
    Aug 29, 2006
    I liked the second show best. It put more parts together and didn't jump around as much. I think this show could be hit if it gets the time. Maby less story ideas in each episode. Also some of the scenes come across a little dark (light) on TV. I'll keep watching for a few more weeks.
  57. AE
    Aug 29, 2006
    Awful show!!! Boring characters, boring story. Show needs to be cancelled
  58. KL
    Aug 29, 2006
    Please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, it's still new...Gale is a competent actor--he held QAF viewers mesmerized for five seasons so don't count him out. The writing could be better, and characters maybe more 'fleshed' out, but that isn't the fault of the actors involved, they do their best. Premise is vaguely interesting, but maybe could be Please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, it's still new...Gale is a competent actor--he held QAF viewers mesmerized for five seasons so don't count him out. The writing could be better, and characters maybe more 'fleshed' out, but that isn't the fault of the actors involved, they do their best. Premise is vaguely interesting, but maybe could be improved. If that is true that Gale is out, that is a shame to Fox. I watched this show for him. Expand
  59. SallyM
    Aug 29, 2006
    Very nice beginning. A hot new FBI agent on TV. GO GALE HAROLD!!!
  60. MarkS
    Aug 29, 2006
    Sounded boring in the ads and while watching it neither I nor my girlfriend could work up any enthusiasm over it. I hate to be impatient, but I was thoroughly uninterested and after 15 minutes moved on to watching something else. It might get good, but seems unlikely.
  61. Melindab
    Aug 28, 2006
    Gale Harold is amazing to watch. His intensive and range really mesmerize the audience. I do think the dialogue could use some work but it is an interesting hour and far better than anything else I've seen this season!
  62. darrylw
    Aug 28, 2006
    Boring, won't be tuning in again.
  63. DianeB
    Love Gale Harold.
  64. HelenA
    Aug 28, 2006
    Love the show, can't wait to see see Gale again!
  65. LaurenP
    Bored after 15 minutes
  66. KC
    Aug 27, 2006
    What do I have to do to keep seeing Gale Harold each week? And the pilot was good, even without him - much better than what the networks have kept on for season after season...Please don't cancel this!!!
  67. AlgerB
    Aug 27, 2006
    Dumb and bland. Vanilla tv.
  68. FrankF
    Aug 27, 2006
    Cancel this guy so something better can air!
  69. SharonC
    Write it off off off!
  70. Rob
    Aug 27, 2006
    Love Gale Harold. The story is interesting and the first episode kept me on the edge of my seat. I will definitely be watching this show.
  71. KimM
    Aug 27, 2006
    Poor quality. There's nothing to be interested in here.
  72. LesterH
    Aug 27, 2006
    Even the production design was terrible. C'mon--what does the network take us for, a bunch of idiots?
  73. JonathanG
    Aug 27, 2006
    Not well made. Not smart. Bad cast. Next.
  74. WilmaH
    Aug 27, 2006
    I give it until the new shows on other networks come out...then flame out.
  75. MichelleR
    This one's a stinker.
  76. VanessaC
    Aug 27, 2006
    Not so hot. After Wentworth, I'm out.
  77. EnderM
    Aug 27, 2006
    I just don't understand how some of the people's comments on this page are positive--that's absurd. This show is terrible.
  78. HarmonyC
    Bad bad bad bad bad.
  79. GranadaJ
    Aug 27, 2006
    Who would ever watch this again?
  80. AndrewC
    Aug 27, 2006
    Too much hype and no delievery. Weak cast. Obvious writing.
  81. AmyA
    Aug 27, 2006
    I predict it'll be cancelled soon.
  82. georgel
    Aug 27, 2006
    I think that Vanished is awful.
  83. MichelleV
    Aug 27, 2006
    I think that if people keep watching this, they'll get hooked. It may not have been as exciting as Lost's pilot, but you can hardly tell from one episode how something is going to be for the rest of its run. Plus, Gale Harold never has trouble keeping me interested.
  84. LollyG
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not worth the time it took to change the channel.
  85. MandyF
    Aug 26, 2006
    I'll tune in one more time to see if it's as bad as the pilot...but that's it.
  86. XavierG
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not worth the effort to devote the time or energy to a critique.
  87. LeslieS
    Aug 26, 2006
    This show was so mediocre it derserves a zero, because it coulda been better and it coulda been worse. Sometimes ending up in the middle is as low as you can go, though.
  88. JoshZ
    Aug 26, 2006
    What a sense of false urgency this show conveys...and nothing really happens. This one's going away.
  89. GreyC
    Aug 26, 2006
    Is this what Fox is putting on the air these days? If so, please bring back the WB.
  90. AnnD
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not for me...and not for anyone else, in my opinion.
  91. FranL
    Didn't like it.
  92. JessW
    Aug 26, 2006
    I would just like to say that I am really crazy about this show, and I've only seen one episode.... I can't wait to see what happens next..... I really like the actor playing agent Kelton.... Gale Harold? (I hope I got that right..) I don't know if he's been on anything before, but I really like him on this show... Thanks... Jess
  93. AngeloA
    Aug 26, 2006
    The dialogue is ridiculous. Everybody does and says exactly what you'd expect. Total tv--and I don't mean that in a good way.
  94. ArnoldR
    Aug 26, 2006
    I give it another week, then it gets yanked. And we'll never know what happened...but this show is so stupid I don't care.
  95. PeterK
    Aug 26, 2006
    Everyone I knkow was excited for this show until they watched it. Like Snakes on a plane...overhyped and therefore even more disappointing.
  96. JeffT
    Aug 26, 2006
    Gale Harold is really lame. Total tv cast. This had the potential to be cool, but the casting was poor.
  97. JamieK
    Aug 26, 2006
    I know someone who works on this show and they say it is a disaster. they keep on bringing new people in because they don't know where it's going. Total misfire.
  98. DanH
    Aug 26, 2006
    What kind of producer thinks this is good tv? So many bad decisions were made...it lost me.
  99. ZachB
    Aug 26, 2006
    I may watch one more time to see if this week is as lame as last week.
  100. ChristinaJ
    Aug 26, 2006
    I really like this show. I like it when something actually requires me to keep up with the plot instead of just mindlessly flowing along.

This is what you'd get if Without a Trace somehow turned into a cartoonish conspiracy chase thriller.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Lacking "Prison Break's" tough milieu and its initial narrative drive, "Vanished" doesn't exactly scream "Watch me." Nevertheless, it's polished enough and very much a work in progress.
  3. The pilot moves along at a cracking pace, introducing new clues and characters and settings so fast that it's very tempting to sit back and enjoy the ride, ludicrous though some of it may be.