• Network: TBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1
6.8

1. Jan 18, 2013
    One of the better comedies to be on US TV in a long while, the music is entertaining and there is a genuine feeling that the guys could be friends. Good writing and very good mixes of the songs. All in all PLEASE do not let this get cancelled
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    Great music in each episode. Liked it more when I read they actually sing all the music. It's not a "deep" show but entertaining. and if u get the pop culture references, it's pretty darn funny.
  3. Jan 12, 2013
    After seeing the previews, I honestly didn't expect to enjoy this show whatsoever, and just happened to catch it one night when I was home and there was nothing else I wanted to watch on TV (I believe this was the second episode). Everything about this show was surprising: it's funny more often than not, most of the jokes land, the characters are generally likable, and the musical segments actually work. The songs add to the fun of the show, and they often come up with some really interesting arrangements. After watching a few episodes, I actually set my DVR to record it... something I almost never do with comedies (the only others being It's Always Sunny and Psych). Wedding Band is definitely worth checking out. I hope TBS gives it at least one more season! Collapse
  4. Dec 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not absolutely in love with this show (yet) like I am with Community or Cougar Town, but the jokes do make me laugh out loud, especially now that it's easing into a few more episodes. I really love the drummer in fact. But what I really love is the MUSIC. I still can't get their Greek version of "Like A G6" out of my head! Just bought it on iTunes :D Expand
  5. Dec 29, 2012
    Love the show! It is light and the kind of show that you watch for an hour just to escape from the real world! The music is pretty good, the writing is witty. It can be over the top, but if you are looking for the same old comedy, this is not it. If you come from that magical decade of the 80s, like the Wedding Singer and Hot tub TIme Machine, you should defintiely check this one out.
  6. Dec 29, 2012
    the show was not as bad as some of the (horrible) critics say. it reminded me a lot of the show secret girlfriend which I and friends I have talked to all liked but also did not recieve stellar reviews. while the show is not the best out there it is completely worth the watch if your not oldand dried up
  7. Nov 17, 2012
    This is one of those shows that tries too hard to be funny, and - when it actually has the potential *to* be funny, it squanders it with unwitty writing.
  8. Dec 29, 2012
    This show isn't even remotely funny. Trying to keep an open mind (as I was underwhelmed within ten minutes), I suffered through a couple episodes and didn't crack a smile once. The main character (Green) is incredibly annoying - and the guy looks way too old. I'm not sure which is worse, his acting or his singing. In the end, the band just comes off as being some mid-life-crisis wanna-be-hip group of immature douches. Worse yet, they try to make the band look "cool" by pitting them against "nerds" and "boy-bands". And yet, they still just reek of pathetic desperation.

The underlying story-lines are as boring as the listless performances by the four main characters. They immediately try to infuse some celebrity power into the show by starring Megan Fox to get a least a few horny men to watch it. But like the rest of the show, you can tell they're just trying way too hard. If you have half a brain, you'll get bored with this show within the first 10 minutes.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 12, 2012
    It's an affable show, but at an hour long, it starts to feel like a slow dance that won't end. [12 Nov 2012, p.46]
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Nov 12, 2012
    There's a likability to it that occasionally reminded me of another one-hour comedy that loved music, NBC's "Ed," and the varied nature of the parties the guys play evokes Starz's late, lamented "Party Down."
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Nov 12, 2012
    The celebration and surrender are enough to put the viewer in a vicarious good mood, no matter how unconvincing its context.