• Network: Showtime
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
7.3

1. StephenS
    Jun 17, 2009
    The light hearted and funny enjoyable part of weeds is gone. I think they smoked it all and got on some heavy political medicinal stuff. Season 4 was really bad too. Just flat out bad. If I still smoked the stuff, It would definitely be a downer.
  2. pir
    Oct 27, 2010
    weeds started out as pure comedy, and it was hilarious. over time it transmogrified into a comedy-drama, and while that was a bit disorienting, it was still quite good much of the time with a sharp and biting sense of dark humour. in season 5, however, the balance has shifted even further into drama, and now the comedy no longer works for me because the contrast is too stark, nancyweeds started out as pure comedy, and it was hilarious. over time it transmogrified into a comedy-drama, and while that was a bit disorienting, it was still quite good much of the time with a sharp and biting sense of dark humour. in season 5, however, the balance has shifted even further into drama, and now the comedy no longer works for me because the contrast is too stark, nancy looks entirely self-centred, andy only flatters himself that he's grown up, and celia/doug/dean are still as juvenile as ever, except now it's no longer funny but tedious. i no longer like any of the main characters, and i think nancy is the biggest loss for me. shane is the only redeeming character at this point, and he's not got enough screen time. i don't think i'll even bother with season 6. too bad; this was my favourite comedy and i miss it. Expand
  3. Feb 12, 2011
    A bad start to this Season with Nancy being 50% bi##h and 50% idiot. First she sees the really evil side to her boyfriend, then he rapes her. Her youngest son gets ripped off on a weed deal and gets payback on it, so Nancy has a bit of a cry about it. Her solution? Move herself & her son into a rapist, murderers, evil s-o-b's house. Why? So her son can learn how to be a better thug? AA bad start to this Season with Nancy being 50% bi##h and 50% idiot. First she sees the really evil side to her boyfriend, then he rapes her. Her youngest son gets ripped off on a weed deal and gets payback on it, so Nancy has a bit of a cry about it. Her solution? Move herself & her son into a rapist, murderers, evil s-o-b's house. Why? So her son can learn how to be a better thug? A murderer & rapist like her bf?

This show has got beyond stupid. From unrealistic to 'f' off, give me a break, I can't even pretend to get into this anymore.

On a positive note Silas has a brain but hardly any air-time. 1 point.

Unfortunately that was the only good point.

1. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    It's the funniest thing you'll see all summer--particularly if you're drug-free.
  2. Creator Jenji Kohan has kept it all going so far, the supporting cast remains the funniest on TV, and Parker, with her carefully calculated stillness and sudden reckless displays of fearlessness, is more riveting than ever.
  3. It's still a reasonably funny show, thanks to first-rate performances from Mary-Louise Parker as Nancy Botwin, a woman who deals drugs, and Elizabeth Perkins as Celia Hodes, a woman who uses them. [But] It's getting harder to maintain a sharp seriocomic edge when Botwin keeps slipping further into a world where there just aren't a lot of inherent laughs.