• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2
4.5

1. Sep 24, 2011
    Very cute and fun show. the pilot wasn't perfect but in time it will grow and become really good. Its like a female seinfeld. Dont believe what others say and there is no laugh track(its a live audience) and the laughing makes you feel welcomed into the atmosphere of a sitcom. Its great, just watch it!
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Whitney is laugh out loud funny. The first few episodes were a bit slow, but episodes 3-7 have been hilarious. Episodes 5, 6, and 7 had me having to pause the DVR because I was laughing so hard. Give this show a chance! It is risque, suggestive, and often down right dirty, but thoroughly enjoyable.
  3. Sep 27, 2011
    I think everyone decided they would like the new girl and not whitney before they saw the shows.......ive only seen both pilots but this was much better.....both trying to be liz lemon.
  4. Oct 15, 2011
    I was pleasantly surprised by this show. i didn't have high hopes for it when I got a glimpse at the fall tv line-up. Not to mention, but there is something about Whitney that I just don't like. However, in this show whatever that 'something" is, it seems to fade away. I am definitely rooting for this show when the networks sit down to evaluate their current line-ups.
  5. Dec 12, 2011
    The pilot episode for Whitney was one of the worst I've seen in years. However, the show has drastically improved since then, and is now my favorite new comedy of the season. The acting is much improved, and the cast really seems to click well together. If you have up on Whitney earlier this season, I'd suggest giving it a second look; you won't be disappointed.
  6. Mar 15, 2012
    I read reviews on this one before I started watching; as a result I expected to hate this show. Yet, every episode I watched I really enjoyed. The writers cleverly poke fun at each of the characters shortcomings while still keeping them real and likeable. Without exception, each episode has offered humerous insights into friendships and relationships. My wife, who typically hates sit-coms - especially when they have a laugh track - now watches this show with me. Indeed, I usually watch this on the DVR before we get to Modern Family, Community or some of my other faves. Maybe this is a guilty pleasure, but I hope NBC picks this one up for another year. Expand
  7. Jan 18, 2012
    I liked the show. If I was ever in a relationship, that type of relationship would be my ideal relationship. However, the acting does seem a bit forced on part of Whitney and the girls. It is clearly not natural. However, I find the jokes and awkward situations funny. It is like real life when we were teenagers and didn't have to worry as much about other people's opinions.
  8. Feb 22, 2012
    I really love this show. I think it's great. It's funny, and the main characters have a good chemistry. It's a little different than the average sitcom and less formulaic.
  9. Mar 5, 2012
    I thought the chemistry between characters in the first couple episodes to be a little lacking. Each show has gotten better.

Really look forward to watching new episodes
  10. Nov 19, 2012
    i think the combination of them two is amazing...also the girls are funny too, in general its a funny show, i just dont like the recorded laugh reel... but besides its great! so two thumbs up!

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    The problem is that Whitney is a terrible show, though in ways that resonate with our culture's debates about women and humor.
  2. Reviewed by: Mikey O'Connell
    Sep 23, 2011
    Instead of an entertaining half-hour to ease our wait for the return of "30 Rock," the network has given us another "Outsourced."
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Sep 22, 2011
    Eventually the mood relaxes, even as the slapstick amps up, and what may prove to be a charming comedy begins to emerge.