• Network: ABC
  • Season #: 1
1.1

Overwhelming dislike- based on 38 Ratings

1. Jan 4, 2012
    Why the hell did ABC pick this up for a full season. THIS!!! And it's replacing Man Up. Seriously ABC, you think this is gonna perform better in the ratings than Man Up. What compelled them to make this. At least Man Up didn't make you wanna poke your eyes out!!!!!
  2. Jan 5, 2012
    I think ABC is suffering an identity crisis. Is this really the same network that has the truly excellent Modern Family and the charming Suburgatory? For the record, I did like Man Up, the show this one replaced. Came into it fairly late, so I'm not sure if it got better as it went along. Was disappointed it didn't find an audience though.
  3. Apr 15, 2012
    I have written 150+ reviews for Metacritic but this is the first time that I have ever given a 0. Work It is a painful and patronizing experience that just has nothing of value whatsoever. The writing, the acting, the plot, Work It fails on every level. There is no element of this show that rises above the low, low bar it has set for itself and the fact that this even got made is indicative of poor quality control at AMC. A spectacular failure. Expand
  4. Feb 10, 2012
    Horrible nothing else to say................................................................................................................................
  5. Jan 3, 2012
    This is the beginning of the new year and an end for this boring cross-dressing crappy new series called Work It. I got an advice to the morons at ABC, stop adding new shows and start making more soap operas. I hope this year will be the same mistake as last year's did with a lousy "Chew" and a reboot gone terrible "Charlie's Angels."
  6. Jan 14, 2012
    I wish I could just put "no rating" and not be forced give the show a zero, which is a few points higher than it deserves. Work It was so bad it doesn't even warrant a rating at all. The sheer lack of thought put into the show is so mind-boggling that a zero doesn't do it justice. The actors don't seem happy either, and as a result, even you yourself truly can feel the happiness being sucked out of your very soul as the pilot progresses. I had to stop watching during the cross-dressing scene set to My Humps. Suddenly Whitney looks brilliant and charming (it's that bad)-at least the actors seem to, you know, want to be there on that show. Yes, Work It offended me in a way, but not in the way you might think: this show is so unoriginal, clichéd, and flat-out IDIOTIC that it offends me. How this made it pas ONE episode, let alone to air at all, is a mystery that may never be solved. Expand
  7. Apr 1, 2012
    ABC's Work It is completely awful. It is offensive, not funny, badly acted, and shouldn't have been discussed even once. Work It gives ABC a bad reputation.
  8. Jan 4, 2012
    Did ABC actually think it was OK to rip off Bosom Buddies? It's just as worse as Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star. Here's the steps to get this off your mind. 1. Go rent Tootsie at your local Family Video or buy a DVD of Bosom Buddies. 2. Play both of them simultaneously. 3. Compare which is better, obviously Bosom Buddies/Tootsie.â
  9. Jan 16, 2012
    There's really nothing to say about this. Just awful. The jokes are broad and unfunny, the story is flat. I hope this show meets a quick demise.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 22 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Jan 4, 2012
    Work It is not so bad it's good. It's just terrible.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jan 3, 2012
    It's a hair-sprayed cobweb. And not funny. [9 Jan 2012, p.40]
  3. Reviewed by: Sarah Rodman
    Jan 3, 2012
    [The subject of hard economic times] has been mined successfully in the past on shows like "Good Times" and "Roseanne." But there was a humanity to those projects that Work It sorely lacks.