6.5

1. Dec 20, 2011
    There was a reason this was free and should have stayed that way. The game is utterly underwhelming in many aspects. You've heard the word classic but let me tell you this is anything but a 'classic' experience. Gameplay:3
    Graphics:4
    Presentation:2
    Lasting appeal: 1
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    its excitebike for you. good 3d effects but short and realy no point. it is kinda fun. just a simple racing dirt bike game. varrys from heard to easey. you can make your own track or race one thats already made
  3. Dec 25, 2011
    Its a fun game to just play and pass time. The addition of 3D to this NES classic is great and adds a large level of depth. Other than racing against your own time and creating tracks there's not much else the game offers.
  4. Mar 10, 2012
    Very fun game for everyone to play. The custom mode is the best part of this game. You can make 32 custom courses to build, test, then play! Outstanding 3D graphics too.
  5. Dec 11, 2011
    3D Classics: Excitebike is an improved port of the Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom game of the same name. The 3D effect modifies the game's camera angle and gives the game a nice field of depth for aiding you in judging jump distance. The game now plays full screen in the 3DS's wide screen resolution without stretching the original game's resolution settings. The 3DS version has improved easy interface that makes checking out best times, scores and customized tracks far easier than the original release. Although it might just be me, but the audio is obnoxiously loud and annoying so I usually end up lowering the volume. The game consists of two modes, racing with opponents or without opponents to meet a specific best time for each stage. The games stages consist of a small number of tracks pre-programmed into the game and slots for you to make your own if you wish. I was one of the lucky ones that got this game free for purchasing my 3DS early and considering you now have to play for it and with the limited amount of content provided, it isn't exactly worth the price tag, its still a decent single player game however with the ability to make your levels. Collapse
  6. NSM
    Jul 2, 2012
    The classic Excitebike from the NES is back, now in 3D. Although the 3D doesn't add too much effect, it's still a good game to pass the time, especially if your on a LONG car ride. Building your own courses can be fun too! I'd say this game is more for classic gamers, or new gamers who have nothing better to do.
  7. Dec 11, 2011
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Simple but highly addictive. [Aug 2011, p.92]
  2. Jul 25, 2011
    Remains a shallow experience. [Sept 2011, p.91]
  3. Jun 22, 2011
    3D Classics: Excitebike may be vaguely fun in very short play sessions, but with the advances in technology and a superior WiiWare version available, it simply feels dated. The 3D visuals are fantastic and the added save functionality is an improvement, but those alone are not enough to keep every player hooked.