7.1

1. Aug 11, 2016
    I love this game! One my favorite on the 3ds. It's a Zelda 2 The Adventures of Link Clone with elements of Banjo-Kazooie mixed in with a fresh coat of Adventure Time humor and art. It's a bit short But it has a new game plus mode which I just started a few years after I beat it the first time and I love it just as much again
  2. May 27, 2016
    Buen juego recuerdo en su epoca cuando lo jugue era muy bueno! Pero muchas personas ya tienen puesto en la cabeza que porque un juego es de alguna serie o pelicula automaticamente ya es malo pero no siempre es asi y este juego lo demuestra :/
  3. Feb 29, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is pretty good, if not a little easy in my opinion. The writing's serviceable, and the gameplay is a bit like Zelda II, but more forgiving. You walk around in an overworld then go over small drawings which upon contact with will change the game into a platformer. My only gripe is the final boss - LSP on... steroids? It feels like the sprites for Finn and Jake riding on Lady was never used and they decided to tack it in as a last-minute boss. It's not really difficult if you have the maximum amount of hearts. I was able to beat the game in ~3 days, playing for one hour each one of those three days. Including Game+, that probably adds 1 1/2 hours. The rewards you get; the jukebox really isn't worth it. I was thinking you'd get a Fiona and Cake skin but apparently not. It's a solid time-waster, and you can pick it up for twenty bucks if you buy it in the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Expand
  4. Feb 28, 2016
    I LOVE this game. The writing is exactly like the TV show with all of the familiar faces too. The game play is nice and smooth, the health and powerup system is great and the puzzles are both challenging and fun. My only complaint is that the random encounters that are on the map when you walk around can be annoying. Highly recomended for fans of the show, people who don't like the show orI LOVE this game. The writing is exactly like the TV show with all of the familiar faces too. The game play is nice and smooth, the health and powerup system is great and the puzzles are both challenging and fun. My only complaint is that the random encounters that are on the map when you walk around can be annoying. Highly recomended for fans of the show, people who don't like the show or haven't seen the show won't get the same enjoyment out of it. Expand
  5. Aug 16, 2013
    With this game I would say that it would have been a 7/10 if I wasn't a huge Adventure Time fan but because I am this game gets a better score cause to be honest this game was made for the fans with a huge world to explore and tons of levels.
  6. Apr 25, 2013
    A wonderful game for fans of the show. I enjoyed it quite a bit and thought it was original, had great music and was funny. The only thing that I didn't like is the length and lack of content. It took me 5 hours to beat the game and there isn't much to do afterward other than play again on a higher difficulty. Any fan of the show should play this but I feel it would have been better off asA wonderful game for fans of the show. I enjoyed it quite a bit and thought it was original, had great music and was funny. The only thing that I didn't like is the length and lack of content. It took me 5 hours to beat the game and there isn't much to do afterward other than play again on a higher difficulty. Any fan of the show should play this but I feel it would have been better off as a 10-15 dollar eshop download. Expand
  7. Jan 25, 2013
    For what it is Adventure Time is a great title. Sure it's short and leaves you longing for more but it's a great little retro feeling Adventure game and as I call it, "Zelda II done right." Fans of the show are sure to love it, but otherwise look into it a bit more before purchasing.
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    This game is basically taking you on an adventure with Finn and Jake ripped from the TV show. I started playing the game to see if it was fit for my 8 year old and could not stop playing. This game is funny and just a good time. If you like the series you will love this game.
  9. Nov 26, 2012
    A must own for fans of the show. While the game's ease and length are a bit disappointing, that's almost entirely overshadowed by its faithfulness to the show and subtle nods to the first two Zelda games. It's easy to tell that the script was written by series creator Pendleton Ward, and he wisely incorporates as many fan favorite characters as possible, including many appearances by theA must own for fans of the show. While the game's ease and length are a bit disappointing, that's almost entirely overshadowed by its faithfulness to the show and subtle nods to the first two Zelda games. It's easy to tell that the script was written by series creator Pendleton Ward, and he wisely incorporates as many fan favorite characters as possible, including many appearances by the fabulous Lumpy Space Princess. The music is also absolutely perfect, balancing a modern sound and retro motifs. I would recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of the show and any casual gamer looking for some quick fun. Anyone looking for a long game or a real challenge should avoid it. Expand
  10. Nov 23, 2012
    I have to say that this game was great! The game is really short, and easy 90% of the time, but makes up for it by making every second fun (Plus the ease of common enemies made backtracking less annoying). The bosses were surprisingly difficult and made a great fight. The graphics were very nice and pleasing to look at. The dialog is funny I heard Pendleton wrote it himself. When you beatI have to say that this game was great! The game is really short, and easy 90% of the time, but makes up for it by making every second fun (Plus the ease of common enemies made backtracking less annoying). The bosses were surprisingly difficult and made a great fight. The graphics were very nice and pleasing to look at. The dialog is funny I heard Pendleton wrote it himself. When you beat the game a challenge mode unlocks, while not great for re-playability at least it's something. The controls were smooth, but using something from your inventory meant leaving yourself vulnerable for a second but hey, wouldn't you be if you were fiddling with your backpack? Game play wise it's a lot like Zelda II. My friends kept pointing that out as I played. tl;dr Pros:
    +A lot of fun!
    +Looks good
    +Great bosses
    +good dialog Cons:
    -Short
    -Little re-playability

I'd recommend it for all Adventure Time fans, it's a must have!
  11. Nov 21, 2012
    It's a great game, amazing graphics, amazing story and overall an adventure you shouldn't let it pass, even if you don't really like the series. I'd buy a 3DS/DS for this title alone...
  12. Nov 21, 2012
    Whether you are a fan of the series or not, Adventure Time will not let you down. Sharply written dialogue and cleverly laid out quests are the draw here. Adventure Time follows the lead of the retro games that it wears on its sleeve, which is a very good thing. I enjoyed the sense of progression, as well as the brisk pace that the game moves at; you're whisked away from zone to zone,Whether you are a fan of the series or not, Adventure Time will not let you down. Sharply written dialogue and cleverly laid out quests are the draw here. Adventure Time follows the lead of the retro games that it wears on its sleeve, which is a very good thing. I enjoyed the sense of progression, as well as the brisk pace that the game moves at; you're whisked away from zone to zone, earning new powers for Jake and upgrades for Finn. The combat feels right, the music is excellent, the characters are memorable and the dungeons are enjoyable throwbacks to the source material that inspired them. The game does an excellent job of giving you a trail of breadcrumbs to follow through the world map rather than holding your hand through each phase of the quest. The only thing I can deduct points for is the fact that in 2 nights, and 2 sittings, I finished the entire game. My playthrough wrapped itself up in 6 hours, which feels short - even for a handheld. The good news, though, is that there is a new game plus option. The better news is that I began a second playthrough immediately after completing the first. Do yourself a service and pick up this lovingly crafted game. Expand
  13. Nov 20, 2012
    Amazing, for fans or retro gamers, with that being said, this game takes you to a whimsical and weird yet amazing adventure, just like the series, fans of it can't go wrong with it, even people who dislike the series must give it a try.

1. Apr 27, 2014
    Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage? is not really the typical lazy tie-in created as an easy cash cow: here and there you can see some intriguing ideas and cool stuff "à la Adventure Time", yet the inconsistency of the gameplay and the lack of fun seriously compromise the overall experience. Wouldn't it be time for a truly mathematical videogame?
  2. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    Apr 13, 2014
    Less fun to play than it is to watch. [Apr 2014, p.91]
  3. Mar 6, 2014
    There’s no obvious explanation about why the original game is released in Europe after its sequel. Calendar mysteries notwithstanding, Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! is a fun, entertaining and colourful experience, keeping the game close to its animated origins. Its short longevity and repetitiveness may disappoint more demanding players, though.