6.5

1. May 11, 2011
    Sounds like the developers caught wind of the poor review and decided to make their own to up the score, much like what has been done here on metacritic to raise review scores. Devoting entire user reviews to try and discredit a user review is pathetic. If your game sucks, it sucks. And I, as a consumer and a long time gamer (27 years) have the right to voice my opinion, as does everyone on the web. If's sad that developers and publishers come on to metacritic and review their own games. Next time, make a good game and you won't have to defend this garbage..... Stay away, this game is NOT fun... it's more like a chore. There's way better games coming out that will provide a challenge and entertainment. Expand
  2. May 12, 2011
    Fly around with the circle pad? Ok. "Ping" enemies with the stylus? Ok. But wait...I'm left-handed. Not to mention the very first level is impossible. The enemies fly way too quickly to catch up. Each one shoots three bullets in each direction. Unless you get lucky and manage to ping AND kill each one, you're going to get riddled with bullets, which are tiny by the way, making them impossible to keep track of in addition to pings and enemies. You may be invincible while using your power, but that doesn't last long, especially if you don't manage to hit anything. If you're on the fence about this one, take my advice and skip it or wait for it to be available for rent. This is $40 I wish I didn't waste. In reply to Tanasinn: How can he play level 2 if he can't get past level 1? I'm right in the same boat as he is; the minute I do well -at all-, I run out of power and basically can only just sit there and wait to die yet again. Expand
  3. May 12, 2011
    Not fun. A big disappointment. Why was this a $40 game.
    Those are a few things that came to mind after my first play through of this game.
    I am a 27 year old who started playing Nintendo before I could talk. That being said, this game is stupid difficult. The intro walks you through, at that point you realize that this game is asking you to do a variety of things at the same time, and all
    I wanted to do was play a bullet hell (CAVE style) in 3D.
    I thought this was a 3D Shmup! That's all I wanted from Dream Trigger, but instead I got a full priced cluster eff of a game. I was one of the few who waited and was upset when the release got pushed back a few weeks. Now I will be posting it on Amazon.
  4. May 13, 2011
    While I was really looking forward to this game, I gotta say it seems ridiculously complex and frenetic right out of the gate. I know some people love how challenging it is but I just find it way to frustrating to be any fun at all. Within the first seven seconds of the first level you are required to place "pings" on the touch screen, wait for them to detonate and reveal enemies on the 3d screen, shoot them with the limited laser energy, collect the reward icons, and avoid the 20 bombs on screen......without moving the device at all or you lose the 3d image. I know people are saying you don't need to look at the touch screen to place pings, but even the tutorial shows them being place with the stylus....this mechanic really seems messed up since you just end up thumb mashing the screen in hopes of hitting something blindly. There is no ramp up to the insane pace of this game.
    I love trippy games like Rez and Lumines and really wanted to enjoy this one but its way to unforgiving to be any fun ....the one review i found from gamepro was 3.5 and i sadly have to agree.
  5. May 26, 2011
    There's hard and then there is too hard. This game is way too hard for practically anyone to play. When you have trouble getting past the first level, something is seriously wrong. Your hands will hurt from the odd positioning you need to do and it's just bad. The game is nice to look at from an artsy perspective, but the game fails on so many levels besides that. Avoid at all costs.
  6. May 12, 2011
    Not fun. A big disappointment. Why was this a $40 game.
    I wanted to do was play a bullet hell (CAVE style) in 3D.

1. May 14, 2012
    Dream Trigger 3D is one of those games that would have hugely benefitted from eShop presence, be it a demo or a smaller downloadable version, as while the concept in itself is difficult to grasp initially, the payoff in grasping a higher score and hearing the stage theme in its entirety is more than worth it. As far as effective 3D showcases and unique experiences on Nintendo's newest handheld go, you'll find fewer more so than this.
    A frantic shoot 'em up that throws new ideas at you constantly, but ends up punishing the player with an unfinished quagmire that wont appeal to anyone except perhaps the most dedicated genre fans.
  3. Sep 16, 2011
    While attempting to be innovative, Dream Trigger 3D fails to keep me engaged. Its horribly steep learning curve, combined with repetitive gameplay when you finally master it, makes this a game I'd rather avoid.