Heroes of Ruin 3DS

7.4

1. Jul 20, 2016
    Awful
    Disapointing
    One of the only games i have ever returned to gamestop, just because i could tell i had to cut my losses and move on it's so bad for starters the money cap is embarrassingly low, i hit it before i even finished the game bad story(it was so bad i remember absolutely nothing about it) repetitive dungeons and quests, the game claims the dungeons are randomly
    Awful
    Disapointing

it's so bad

bad story(it was so bad i remember absolutely nothing about it)

repetitive dungeons and quests, the game claims the dungeons are randomly generated each time you enter, but they are not, from what i remember it picks one of four preset designs and then adds random item placement within it. small inventory space, i remember having the max amount of all items constantly.

Bad sound mixing. OH MAN THIS ONE. So i actually hit a glitch in one of the endgame bosses and it caused a sound effect to be played like 10 times at once and it actually damaged my 3DS's speakers it was so loud. oh and did i mention this game has glitches? because boy does it have glitches, including the one i mentioned i hit another one that basically made my game unplayable till i reset and loaded up my save file (also happened during a boss fight)

i've heard the online is good but when i tried it it was yuck. i tried multiple times and always got little kids that screamed into the mic. i really don't know with this part so i'll give them a free point, i mean it DID run really smoothly online and did have voice chat which is nice. I just got some yuck people. Plus i saw the weekly daily challenges and stuff, so i mean effort was put in there.

i have no idea if this game ever got an update or anything, because tbh, if all the problems i had with it were gone, i would have really liked it. it's just too flawed for my personal taste. i do warn people to try the demo first however

it's up to you whether or not you should play it, just try not to go in blind. i preordered this game, and I've done nothing but regret it

1. Mar 2, 2013
    Heroes of Ruin is an average game, with much better alternatives out there. The daily challenges are nothing compared to the daily and weekly puzzles found in the Professor Layton games and they do not work as planned. For 3DS owners looking for a game with a lengthy campaign with some form of online play included, there are games that are worthier of the money.
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    Even though it's an enjoyable game, it suffers from a weak challenge. It gets much too easy, much too fast. Finding new weapons is always fun, but some of the point disappears when you don't really need them.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    Pocket-sized Diablo is by far the best multiplayer game on 3DS. You can't do little Diablo any better than this. The watered-down difficulty level and few control related issues, like inventory, are the biggest downsides of the game. Other than that, Heroes of the Ruin is a fair example, that a PC-exclusive can be ported on the little device as well. [Sept 2012]