7.4

1. Aug 9, 2012
    Very good game. an excellent first try to this type of game. I buy this game las month and I'm still playing. very funny and entertaining..............
  2. Jul 17, 2012
    A very cosy game to play while sipping on a coffee relaxing on the couch. Although not gem perfect it achieves the goal of being an intriguing hack n slash on the 3ds. Very fun to play, looking forward to more similar gAmes on the 3ds. The environments draw me in and the monsters are designed beautifully. Can't wait to pop this on the 3ds xl to enjoy greater 3d!
  3. Jul 17, 2012
    Although it has its flaws I am glad that I have bought it. Heroes of ruin is a hack n slash action rpg that takes place in the ruined kingdom of veil. The ruler of nexus which is one of the remaining cities has been laid down by an unknown curse. Your job is to find a cure for the ruinlord ataraxis, the ruler of nexus. Now,first things first many people have complained about the longetivity of the game. It is true that it could have a longer story but dont let that put you off. I finished the game with a lvl 30 gunslinger at 18.42 minutes. I am currently at 84% on the alchitect with 8.13 minutes. I have 45 hours in my activity log and expect to get 80 hours out of HOR altogether.Firstly, to fully maxamise the longetivity try and complete as much daily and weekly quests as possible. This found me revisiting several areas in search of the various creatures which I had to destroy and further added longetivity to the game. These quests will be updated daily for a year so there is no shortage of them. Secondly, before you go into the final dungeon *after rigels treachery* play online with people to reach lvl 30. This is what I did with the gunslinger and it added several extra hours. Then with the valor you collected from the daily challenges buy legendary gear to be the best prepared for the final boss battle, which is truly epic and will leave you thinking for a while. Thirdly and most importantly to lengthen the game, FIND A FRIEND. I met up with this lad through 3ds friendcodes.com and I play with him every chance I get, whether it's leveling up alliance rank or defeating a difficult boss it is rewarding and extremely enjoyable and it really made this game something special for me. It is so easy to find someone to play with on the officail site and I highly recommend this if you want to fully experience what this game has to offer. I have since made even more friends and we play together regularly. The voice chat varies from time to time but with the friends I play with it is fine. Every single boss battle is unique and intuitive, even better when you plan it out with a friend. The four characters are varied enough that you would want to play through with each one. The gameplay is extremely fun and I enjoyed every minute of it. The graphics are a bit of a dissapointment as some areas are muddled but it doesnt overly affect the gameplay. One problem is that the online load time is quite long but you cant fix that. All in all this is a solid action rpg which I enjoyed thoroughly and if you follow my tips you will get many hours of gameplay from it. But a personally I think a friend is NECESSARY to enjoy this game and if you want someone to play with look me up on the officail site under rickeire..pm me:) Expand
  4. Feb 16, 2013
    Heroes of ruin is what I believe to be the first attempt at a hack slash RPG with online features (and voice chat) on a portable. On that merit alone, I give it a PERFECT 10! The online features of this game are near flawless, showcasing what I hope to be incorporated in MANY 3DS games in the future. This single aspect is amazing for what it is, and I feel it should be taken full advantage of by a development team with a decent story writer, art designer and cast of voice actors. Now for the not so promising side of this game- The story, art design and voice acting. The story is bland and utterly generic, leaving me to question where I was when the story was written, as I could have filled that job slot and been more thorough. I think what was really lacking from the story in general was a disconnection/lack of personality from NPC's. Every mission left you doing mundane tasks for random people who never built a solid backbone to the story. I'd level up, get that better trinket, and go back to being a chore boy. It's the usual grind and typical to the genre, but this game had a way of just rubbing it in my face and stifling re-playability. The artwork was okay, remaining very generic to coincide with the story. Some muddy textures and framerate hiccups here and there, but I'm sure the online functionality eats up a sizable amount of CPU- Fair trade, to me. Voice acting was also mediocre, with soundbites very much overused in battle sequences and generic music to tie it all together. All in all, it was an utterly bland game, and that's VERY UNFORTUNATE! Technically, the online features were top notch and THE BEST to grace Nintendo's portables in the online/voice chat aspect. If anything, N-space deserves a pat on the back for this feature alone. They were the first to prove it can not only be done, but near flawless. We can only hope a worthy development team (or better writers and art designers at N-Space) gives this genre another shot now that N-Space has opened pandoras box on this system. All in all, if this is your first hack and slash experience, I say "Pick it up!". It's a good gateway into the genre, and will give you a general feel for what these games are about. If you're like me and have put some hours into diablo, I'd say "save your money". I would love to see this development team polish what they currently have and spend some time in the story/art department now that they have the architecture of the game built, but judging by its sales I'm being highly optimistic. Expand
  5. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a great attempt at what they were clearly trying to do! However, like most games, there were things left out (most likely not of their choice), and some things had issues. I think they could have made the boss fights more engaging, and maybe a few more puzzles (lots and lots of fighting, with breaks only found when you go back to nexus). The game is very replayable, but a character that beats the game is almost pointless, because there is little for him/her to do after they win.

Over all, they did do a lot of things right! The classes were unique and different, so each one had a slightly different experience. The game play mechanics were strong and easy to get ahold of. The multi-player was good for what it was being played on. Over all, the pros outway the cons. Lastly, i just want to say that i really want to see a "Heroes of Ruin 2", and I hope to see that they learned from their mistakes. If they take what the players said seriously and take #2 seriously, the second game could be AMAZING!!!
  6. May 30, 2013
    So this is really a pretty good game. It was a pretty well made game with mostly unique classes and lots of cool weapons and armor. The things that dropped my score? Length of the game, by the time i beat it the 4th time i could blow through the whole story in a day no prob. Also, while i'm on the subject, the story, i mean, it was just soooo generic. I could have guessed the story before i unwrapped the game. I did like the online play (usually) and the combat. But for the most part it is great first attempt at an MMORPG kind of game on a portable system, and for that, i thank square enix. Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2013
    Flawed but I was happy to have bought and played it. A nice hack and slash diablo style game, it just fell down on having such short gameplay with no replayability other than playing a different character. They gave you weekly quests for you to earn enough currency to buy max level armor, but then gave nothing to do at max level with that gear! Very short sighted. I was very impressed that a game on the 3DS had online voicechat with people who didn't even have to be on your friendslist, I did have some fun playing the stages online and chatting to people. Collapse
  8. Nov 24, 2013
    Decent Diablo clone with a cheerful online. Played very well in the campaign, one point in playing the same no no. Another downside would refer to a small number of locations.
  9. Mar 14, 2014
    Theres not a lot to this game, its essentially Diablo Lite. Playing online with friends and family has added a lot of the value to it for me though. Having voice chat on the 3DS is really great. Its too bad this is basically the only game that has that feature.

The game is fun while it lasts, has great online play, a forgettable story, repetitive gameplay, but is a lot of fun to kick
    back and waste some time with. For $15-20, I'd say it was worth the buy. Expand
  10. Jul 13, 2013

1. Mar 2, 2013
    Heroes of Ruin is an average game, with much better alternatives out there. The daily challenges are nothing compared to the daily and weekly puzzles found in the Professor Layton games and they do not work as planned. For 3DS owners looking for a game with a lengthy campaign with some form of online play included, there are games that are worthier of the money.
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    Even though it's an enjoyable game, it suffers from a weak challenge. It gets much too easy, much too fast. Finding new weapons is always fun, but some of the point disappears when you don't really need them.
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    Pocket-sized Diablo is by far the best multiplayer game on 3DS. You can't do little Diablo any better than this. The watered-down difficulty level and few control related issues, like inventory, are the biggest downsides of the game. Other than that, Heroes of the Ruin is a fair example, that a PC-exclusive can be ported on the little device as well. [Sept 2012]