8.4

1. Mar 24, 2013
    It's been years since luigi has got his own game and this is the perfect return.The graphics are so stunning and the characters have a lot of personality the multiplayer is good as well
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    Picked this up with my kid's this morning. They made me get up early and take them to BestBuy as soon as it opened.

They've been glued to our 3DS's ever since. They're just trying the multiplayer right now and are having a blast.
  3. Mar 29, 2013
    I have spent about 3 hours with this game and love it! Good to see that Nintendo is at least paying attention to one of its consoles. If you haven't picked it up you should!
  4. May 26, 2013
    This is an Amazing game and a faithful to the original, even though there is some things i didn't like
    1. the Stupid mission objectives it takes you out of the game its just dumb! the multiple mansions could be fun the explore but there not all because of this!!!!

2. E. Gadd calling ever second something happens
    3. stupid Ghost dogs!!!

ill give it an 8 just for the stupid missions!!!
  5. Aug 15, 2013
    The first thing you learn in Luigi's Mansion 2 is 'don't die'. Because dying means being sent back to the beginning of the mission and losing all your progress. You could be 20-30 minutes in then you die and have to do it all again. For me this led to a lack of motivation to complete the game and is the reason it took me quite along time to finish.

Having said that the game is very good

Having said that the game is very good and has a lot of charm. Luigi's mannerisms in this game are hilarious. The way he cowers and creeps about nervously or just the way he says 'hello?' is so amusing. The games mechanics are solid though combating ghosts is never as much fun as the exploring and puzzle solving aspects.

I spent around 19 hours with Luigi's Mansion 2 but never felt compelled to search for all the hidden items and bonus levels so it is quite along game which I enjoyed despite some niggles.
  6. Jun 19, 2013
    I feel deceived, somewhere or sometime it said this game was a horror game. This game is not scary at all. I'm docking most of the marks mostly from that fact. Since this game really isn't really comparable to any other titles (except the original), I'd call it highly original and it is also packed with many collectibles which is a positive factor for any game (unless they are a nuisance).I feel deceived, somewhere or sometime it said this game was a horror game. This game is not scary at all. I'm docking most of the marks mostly from that fact. Since this game really isn't really comparable to any other titles (except the original), I'd call it highly original and it is also packed with many collectibles which is a positive factor for any game (unless they are a nuisance). Overall, 8.7/10 Expand
  7. Mar 31, 2013
    Now I do not usually write reviews on games as my opinions might be hated by people. This is an exception as I LOVED the original game and needed to voice why I think this game is equal to/better than the original. Note: I also played the original A LOT. I beat the game 8 times and got the A mansion.

Now, this review won't be divided into too many sections. GAMEPLAY: The gameplay

Now, this review won't be divided into too many sections.

GAMEPLAY:

The gameplay is much more varied than the original game. To fight some ghosts you have to wait at a certain time before you flash them (not taking your clothes off) with the light or use the dark light device on the Boos to reveal where they are. The original was mostly turning your flashlight off then on when the ghost was in the path. The only part I did not like, but am starting to not mind too much, is that you cannot turn around with the light being charged. It is a minor annoyance.

STORY:

The story in this game is just as silly as the original (in a good way). The "Dark Moon" was destroyed by someone (will not say who) and the ghosts went crazy. Then you are called upon by Professor E. Gadd (he makes a return) to help fix the moon. The story is really good in this game.

Those are the two categories I am going to touch on because that is mostly what I personally look for in a Nintendo game (gameplay more than story).
  8. Apr 26, 2013
    awesome game, very much worth the 12 years wait, a must buy for the 3DS, and I wish LM 3 releases for the WII U and soon, maybe 2 years when it more people might bought it
  9. Mar 28, 2013
    I haven't played the Gamecube version so when I bought this I had no idea of what I was getting myself into.After spending the last 4 hours playing this game I can safely say it's fun very,very fun.The game has a great sense of humor,the controls are a bit clunky at first but you'll quickly get used to them and the graphics are fantastic but the best part of this game is Luigi himself.He'sI haven't played the Gamecube version so when I bought this I had no idea of what I was getting myself into.After spending the last 4 hours playing this game I can safely say it's fun very,very fun.The game has a great sense of humor,the controls are a bit clunky at first but you'll quickly get used to them and the graphics are fantastic but the best part of this game is Luigi himself.He's just such a funny and likable character even if he is a scaredy cat Expand
  10. Apr 22, 2013
    Well worth the wait after 12 years. A very fun game and easily one of the best on the system's still small library. The different mansions to explore and multiplayer makes it even better. From a person who really disliked the gamecube game, I highly recommend the sequel.
  11. May 3, 2013
    This is the first Luigi Mansion game I've played and I'm impressed. To be honest I bought it for the digital promotion. I never thought I'd like a platform game like the Luigi Mansion Dark Moon, not even after I tried 15 sec in Best Buy. However when I start from the beginning, when I know how to play, I was deeply attracted to the game. It's fun to play. It has the right amount ofThis is the first Luigi Mansion game I've played and I'm impressed. To be honest I bought it for the digital promotion. I never thought I'd like a platform game like the Luigi Mansion Dark Moon, not even after I tried 15 sec in Best Buy. However when I start from the beginning, when I know how to play, I was deeply attracted to the game. It's fun to play. It has the right amount of challenge, and it's suitable for handheld that you can stop after each quest. Depends on your skill, the quest can take long or short. This is what handheld games should be.

The 3D effect is good too. All the details are polished. Don't miss this great game!
  12. May 24, 2013
    This game is Nintendo at it's best. The animations are fantastic and delightful, the game play is addictive and a blast to play with friends. Much better than the original so if you are a fan of it this is a must buy.
  13. Jul 21, 2013
    Had a lot of potential but wasn't executed as well as I hoped. The gameplay, graphics, story, mansion design, characters, and collectibles are all great. However, the structure of the game is just disappointing. Instead of having missions, where you exit the mansion constantly just to go back in moments later, they should've just allowed you to explore the mansion without forcing you toHad a lot of potential but wasn't executed as well as I hoped. The gameplay, graphics, story, mansion design, characters, and collectibles are all great. However, the structure of the game is just disappointing. Instead of having missions, where you exit the mansion constantly just to go back in moments later, they should've just allowed you to explore the mansion without forcing you to exit every time you complete an objective. Also, E. Gadd becomes very annoying, calling you every 5 seconds when you need to do something. It seems foolish to have you touch the screen to answer him, because if you don't answer him Luigi just stands around. I would've expected something like Luigi looking into the player and telling him to answer the phone or something, but no such thing happened. I appreciate the attempt to bring back Luigi's Mansion, and for the most part it was done expertly well, but the mission based structure ruined the game for me in a sense. Expand
  14. Jul 18, 2013
    Luigi takes the starring role in one of the best 3DS games yet. In this sequel, you explore through five mansions in order to find the pieces of the dark moon to restore order and make the ghosts peaceful again. What make Luigi’s Mansion 2 so unique and special are several things. First off are the hilarious cutscenes- they’re pure silly, but the slapstick comedy in them really made meLuigi takes the starring role in one of the best 3DS games yet. In this sequel, you explore through five mansions in order to find the pieces of the dark moon to restore order and make the ghosts peaceful again. What make Luigi’s Mansion 2 so unique and special are several things. First off are the hilarious cutscenes- they’re pure silly, but the slapstick comedy in them really made me laugh. Nintendo has put in a great amount of effort into making each cutscene funny, magical, and adorable. The 3D effect makes the cutscenes look even better, and spooky in a funny way. The graphics and sound also both excel in conveying the various moods very well. The graphics never fall below the very best standard. They are a treat.
    The gameplay consists of two main elements: battling ghosts with your fancy poltergust 5000 vacuum cleaner, and puzzle-solving. Both elements are very meticulously wound together to create an awesome, solid experience. Fighting ghosts involves first stunning them with your flashlight, then a battle to suck them into the hoover, a bit like fishing, just without the calm. It may sound odd, but when you start, you’re bound to get addicted. Along the way you’ll meet various types of ghosts with various personalities. This helps the game feel fresh and exciting.
    Then there’s the puzzle-solving. In the mansions, you’ll come across contraptions and puzzles that require you to think very carefully about how you use your flashlight and vacuum cleaner. It probably sounds like it gets old very quickly and the puzzles get repetitive, but they don’t. Some of the solutions are just ingenious. There’s another addition called the Darklight, which can find hidden objects (a bit like the lens of truth from Zelda).
    At the end of each mansion there is a boss that requires you to use both your flashlight and Poltergust in clever ways. The boss of the first mansion introduced a genius amount of puzzle-solving, so I was disappointed when the bosses later on didn’t and were simplistic and unmemorable.
    The story mode takes about fifteen hours to complete. And then there’s the multiplayer, which is local and online. There are so many modes, all of which are exciting. The aim is always to complete a floor in a mansion with your teammates and then progress. To complete the floor, you must do different things depending on the mode, for example hunt down all the ghosts in five minutes, or find all the hidden objects. You can specify the amount of floors in the mansion when selecting the settings, and also select the difficulty, and the mode. This extreme flexibility allows for even novices to be able to play. It holds up to four players. You can play online or local. You can play with friends or search for random groups. You can even play on your own. So many options, and so flexible.
    Without the online, Luigi’s Mansion would have been a great game. But with all the other options, it’s a masterful achievement.
  15. Mar 24, 2013
    My thumbs are sore! This game is so much fun it's causing me physical pain. Beautifully rendered and skillfully designed there are few hand held titles that reach this level of excellence. While it's not without some faults and annoyances it's a super solid experience.
  16. Mar 27, 2013
    Turn up the 3D! This game must be experienced in 3D to be fully understood! I turned up the 3D on my new 3DS XL, and the result is a fantastic experience! This game clearly has been polished over the past few years to look great in 3D! The gameplay isn't too bad either sucking up the ghosts is way more fun than I thought it would be. Everything has a charm and humor that you can only getTurn up the 3D! This game must be experienced in 3D to be fully understood! I turned up the 3D on my new 3DS XL, and the result is a fantastic experience! This game clearly has been polished over the past few years to look great in 3D! The gameplay isn't too bad either sucking up the ghosts is way more fun than I thought it would be. Everything has a charm and humor that you can only get with Nintendo characters. Luigi is great I never stop smiling when he is humming along to the music! The music is fun and light and spooky all at the same time. Each mission is about 20-30 minutes, so be sure to have that much time ahead of you before you start a new stage. This is one of those games that should be in every 3DS owner's library! 5/5 stars highly recommended! Expand
  17. Mar 24, 2013
    This game is the funniest thing you are gonna find in the 3DS. If you own a 3DS you must get this game along with 3D Land, because as 3D Land this game was design for the 3DS.
  18. Mar 27, 2013
    Luigi's mansion is Nintendo in it's best creative shape. The player controls Luigi, that is equipped only with a lantern and a vacuum cleaner, and despise only those two equipments the game never stops to innovate, the puzzles are always fresh and the game never repeats itself. If that weren't enough this game is so funny that keeps the player laughing form the begging to the end like veryLuigi's mansion is Nintendo in it's best creative shape. The player controls Luigi, that is equipped only with a lantern and a vacuum cleaner, and despise only those two equipments the game never stops to innovate, the puzzles are always fresh and the game never repeats itself. If that weren't enough this game is so funny that keeps the player laughing form the begging to the end like very fell games have done so far. The 3D graphics are gorgeous, probably the best ever done for a game and with tons of collectibles and a decent multiplayer it will keeps the player coming back for more. With this game Nintendo showed that still has plenty of gas for working on innovation. Expand
  19. Mar 24, 2013
    As usual a great Nintendo 1st party entry. Great humor, great gameplay and just pure fun. I have played through Luigis Mansion 2-3 times and love it. This takes what made the original great and expands upon it while not straying to far from the formula. In my eyes that is what makes a sequel truly great.
  20. Mar 24, 2013
    The controls are very well implemented, modifying the mechanics a little to make sure it's playable nicely with just one stick. The gameplay is challenging and balanced with the puzzles, which are a little on the easy side.
    On the graphics department, aside from the usual ghosting that is now characteristic of the 3DS hardware, it runs really good, dropping in FPS only when sucking more than 2 ghosts. The game shines in its animations, which are numerous, polished and hilarious to look at.
    With the humming and whistling of Luigi back, as well as some great new tracks, the sound does a great job bringing the atmosphere to life. From around 15 hours of Single Player play time (without getting everything), plus a really interesting and fun multiplayer mode, this game is sure to be worth your buck
    I give this game a 9.5, which I decided to put as 10 in the little bar. Get this game, it's amazing!
  21. Mar 24, 2013
    Another great Nintendo game that tops the first Luigi's Mansion. They sort of messed up the checkpoint system, there should have been more, but if you have a 3ds this is a must buy.
  22. Mar 25, 2013
    Haven't played many 3DS games but when I saw this was coming out I had to pick it up. All in all it's a fun game with puzzles and lots of collectibles. The controls are easy and work perfect, although after an hour or so joystick thumb started to hurt. But that's besides the point, games fun for all ages. My only grip is that I can't freely explore the mansions after i have beaten them,Haven't played many 3DS games but when I saw this was coming out I had to pick it up. All in all it's a fun game with puzzles and lots of collectibles. The controls are easy and work perfect, although after an hour or so joystick thumb started to hurt. But that's besides the point, games fun for all ages. My only grip is that I can't freely explore the mansions after i have beaten them, you have to play through the entire level to collect everything if you've missed somethings. But other then that I'd recommended this. Expand
  23. Mar 27, 2013
    Very good game. Brings me back to my childhood on the gamecube playing this game for hours. The graphics are really nice and the idea of multiple houses instead of just one makes it that much better. However there are a few minor problems that can become and annoyance, the overall game is spectacular and worth every penny I paid for it.
  24. Mar 26, 2013
    I never played the original Luigi's mansion on the Gamecube so I wasn't sure what to expect here. To those that don't know, this isn't a 3D Mario game in green clothing. In fact, Mario's signature move, the famous jump, is not even present in this game. This game has very unique mechanics for a Nintendo game and Luigi brings his own personality along to match. The game relies on 2 mainI never played the original Luigi's mansion on the Gamecube so I wasn't sure what to expect here. To those that don't know, this isn't a 3D Mario game in green clothing. In fact, Mario's signature move, the famous jump, is not even present in this game. This game has very unique mechanics for a Nintendo game and Luigi brings his own personality along to match. The game relies on 2 main functions: the vacuum and the flashlight. It is simply amazing the amount of things that you can do with these 2 simple actions. The game introduces you to something new in almost every outing and this keeps the adventure feeling fresh from beginning to end. This is an excellent puzzle game full of charm and should not be missed by any Nintendo fans. This is not the best game on the 3DS but it is certainly in the top 10 in my opinion. Expand
  25. Mar 25, 2013
    I am a huge Nintendo fan and one of my favorite Nintendo franchises is Luigi's Mansion. The gameplay is more fast paced than the previous Luigi's Mansion and the new features are fantastic. The game is very entertaining and the cut scenes are hilarious. The 3d effect in this game is the best I have ever seen on the 3ds. With the very fun story mode and online/local multiplayer this gameI am a huge Nintendo fan and one of my favorite Nintendo franchises is Luigi's Mansion. The gameplay is more fast paced than the previous Luigi's Mansion and the new features are fantastic. The game is very entertaining and the cut scenes are hilarious. The 3d effect in this game is the best I have ever seen on the 3ds. With the very fun story mode and online/local multiplayer this game should keep you entertained for a long time. This game is worth buying a 3ds for. Expand
  26. Mar 24, 2013
    I made an account simply to give a good review for this game. I loved the first game and this one is even better! Its art style is very interesting, and the game play is flawless. The dialogue is pretty funny too.
  27. Mar 24, 2013
    Simply amazing!! Nintendo is on a roll now and this here game just oozes with charm! Excellent graphics, great design, and game play to back it all up. This can sell systems and any fan of video games needs to try this one out.

I'm also going to take a guess that our 0 review friend doesn't even own a 3ds! I hate trolls.
  28. Mar 25, 2013
    WOW! love the game... it really shows what Nintendo/developers are capable of. Its a must buy for all Mario and Nintendo fans! P.S Multilayer is a blast!
  29. Mar 24, 2013
    This game brings back a lot of happy memories from the original game for the gamecube. The ghosts are charming, and the game play is fun and challenging. The only thing that would make it better would be a second stick so you could turn and use your flashlight and Poltergust
  30. Dec 5, 2013
    This game is really fun... when you're actually able to play it. However, each mission only lets you explore a limited amount of a mansion at once. Also, you're constantly interrupted by message from the Professor telling you what to do. Even when you replay a mission, there's still the same constant interruptions that you've already heard. The mansion bosses are kinda all over the placeThis game is really fun... when you're actually able to play it. However, each mission only lets you explore a limited amount of a mansion at once. Also, you're constantly interrupted by message from the Professor telling you what to do. Even when you replay a mission, there's still the same constant interruptions that you've already heard. The mansion bosses are kinda all over the place in terms of fun and difficulty. There's upgrades you can get for Luigi, but they're all in a fixed order, and you get all of them pretty early on.

Really, the biggest thing to me is that the replay value of the game is killed because there's always stuff in your way preventing you from just exploring a whole mansion at once, and there's always dumb messages from E. Gad that you can't skip over, telling you the same things you already know.

1. May 31, 2013
    Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is a stellar sequel to a forgettable classic. Nintendo has refined the formula and made it interesting to fans and even those that didn’t find the appeal behind the original. For those looking for the next great 3DS game, don’t sleep on Luigi’s latest.
  2. May 27, 2013
    If Next Level Games had opted to make Dark Moon more of an open-world experience, granting the player free will to poke around its gloomily graceful environments without continual check-in interruptions, it could have been equated to a minor masterpiece. But the game is still something of a small wonder.
  3. May 22, 2013
    Beautiful, fun, ingenious and unique.