7.6

1. Feb 13, 2013
    Playing this on the larger 3DS XL screen. Having a blast. The 3D effect works well. You can see it in the demo for the game, although be warned the demo is so short it won't let you see all the fun stuff you can do on this table. Easily logged 7 hours into the Fantastic Four table so far. I don't think I would have bought this game for the original 3DS screen due to it's size. But on the larger screen, I have no problem seeing everything or keeping track of the ball. If you like these games on the consoles, you'll like them here. For eight bucks, these games are a great deal if you at all like pinball. Expand
  2. Sep 16, 2012
    Marvel Pinball on the PS3 and the 3DS have both stolen many hours of my life, the game is fantastic on both systems. The 3DS has great 3D effects and simple controls, the graphics are crisp and the sound is outstanding. In my opinion, this is the best game available for download on the 3DS. If you are even remotely interested in pinball games then you should buy this one. My only complaint is playing on the small 3DS screen gets tiresome after a little while but that is not the games fault but that is the only reason I gave it an 8. On the PS3 its a definite 10!! Expand
  3. Aug 30, 2012
    3D makes the already great game of pinball even more spectacular. Combine that with Zen's prowess at creating great tables and you've got a gamd fans of the genre shouldn't miss. At least you should. Unfortunately the follw up to the excellent Zen Pinball 3D has a coule things gong against it that might hold the casual fan back.
    First off, with the large number of great Marvel themed
    tables Zen has made the four they picked to port to the 3DS are by no means they're best work. That's not to say they're all bad choices though. Blade is a great table and Captain America is also a lot of fun. The fact that Iron Man was included though is a total head scratcher. Many (including myself) consider Iron Man to be one of Zen's worst tables, and finding enjoyment in all the frustration the table provokes is hard to do. Seeing as how Zen has made only a few universally disliked tables Iron Man's inlusion here becomes even more of a let down.
    The fourth table is The Fantastic Four, which leads me to the main reason you may want to avoid Marvel 3D, or at least wait a bit longer to purchase it: bugs. Fantastic Four is a great table on other platforms and when it's working correctly. Unfortunately on the 3DS it's rare to play a game of any length on this table before a glitch leaves you minus your ball without the table realizing it. This makes the table continue to run and never advance to the next ball, forcing you to restart your game. That one bug makes this table nearly unplayable and while this is really the only game breaking glitch in the game alp of the tables have their fair share of moments where things that shouldn't happen occur.
    So with one table that isn't much fun and one table that's broken you're left with a game that has only two tables that are worth paying for. You'll just have to decide if that's worthy of your money or not. I'm a pinball nut and for me that answer is absolutely, although I still feel a bit cheated, especially given the fact that there is still no word from Zen as to when or even if the technical issues in the game will be fixed.

1. Aug 26, 2012
    A solid pocket arcade. [Sept 2012, p.108]
  2. The relatively high price is a bit of a turn-off. [Sept 2012, p.107]
  3. Jul 18, 2012
    Marvel Pinball 3D contains a couple bumps, but other than that it acts as a fantastic pinball fix for on-the-go gaming. A few minutes of play quickly becomes an hour with this eShop title, fully highlighting the "I can beat that score if I play one more game" hook.