6.7

1. Jan 29, 2012
    I was excited about this game through the first few levels. The gameplay is fun but I cannot get past the overall design mechanics. This is one of those games that presents you with a near impossible task, usually having to do with timing, and then starts you at the beginning of the level when you die. Consequently, you end up replaying a level dozens of times until you perfect the moveI was excited about this game through the first few levels. The gameplay is fun but I cannot get past the overall design mechanics. This is one of those games that presents you with a near impossible task, usually having to do with timing, and then starts you at the beginning of the level when you die. Consequently, you end up replaying a level dozens of times until you perfect the move required to pass the point that you are stuck at. That mechanic draws bad memories and I get frustrated very quickly due to my experiences with other games with this same problem. Therefore, due to the developer's making a mistake this big, I am rating the game a 1. Expand
  2. Feb 8, 2012
    Boring, repetitive, short, ugly, needlessly difficult, and over-priced. There are better, cheaper games. My son thought it was boring too. Judging by its metacritic score you can make a game with terrible, repetitive level design and as long as its retro its somehow ok.
  3. Aug 4, 2014
    This game has a very cute art style.
    And that's the only thing it has going for it. As another user mentioned on here, this game requires players to practically memorize the moves they will make down to the very last pixel, and that in and of itself does not require any real skill, and thus making this game extremely boring. The movement mechanics also feel too sluggish for my liking.
    This game has a very cute art style.

To be clear, I have completed everything there is to do in the game. I did so just to feel like this game wasn't a complete waste of my money.

1. Aug 6, 2012
    There's a lot of depth for a downloadable title game, and Mutant Mudds contrasts strikingly with the first wave of DSiWare games, showing how the service is evolving.
  2. Jul 29, 2012
    Mutant Mudds is a nice interpetation of old-school action platforming, lacking in depth but succeeding in providing a genuine gameplay experience.
  3. Jul 24, 2012
    A treat for anyone raised on a screen the size of a custard cream. [Sept 2012, p.107]