8.5

1. Sep 1, 2017
    I will talk about the Wii U version: I'm not a "true" Resident Evil fan, but I really enjoyed this game and I'm waiting for the pack of Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 for Switch!!
  2. Jun 28, 2017
    An amazing realease from Capcom reaches the 3ds, and how great it is. An exmaple of how games should be today: plenty of content, high replay value, and fun as hell. Although the story and the characters might not be the most interesting, the gameplay definetely stands up high. In Resident Evil Revelations, you will find a huge amount of weapons and a very strategic way to upgrade them.An amazing realease from Capcom reaches the 3ds, and how great it is. An exmaple of how games should be today: plenty of content, high replay value, and fun as hell. Although the story and the characters might not be the most interesting, the gameplay definetely stands up high. In Resident Evil Revelations, you will find a huge amount of weapons and a very strategic way to upgrade them. You will have to go through an entire ship in the middle of the sea, where hope is almost gone, and will fight tons of creatures without making it impossible. Although, I warn you, RE Revelations is tough. Once you beat the game, you can also go to RAID MODE, where you can complete lots of missions, so you can unlock outfits and some other secret stuff. The graphics are probably the best on the 3DS, the music is good and it delivers atmosphere. If you are one of those who can only afford one game per year, THIS IS THE GAME FOR YOU. RE Revelations is definetely not a return to the roots, but it is an outstanding game, and personally, I believe is better than any other RE Evil after RE4.
    + Neverending replay value.
    + Huge content.
    + Excellent presentation.
    + Raid Mode.
    + Challenging.
    + Lovely graphics.
    + Beautiful design and art.
    - Besides Jill, there is no remarkable characters.
    - The story could have been better, less complicated and without Dante Alighieri.
  3. Mar 19, 2017
    Un bon jeu, qui en monture "jeu portable" est pas mal du tout. On retrouve une certaine "essence" Resident Evil, qui fait plaisir à voir (ambiance, musique, mise en scène). Mais on regrette que ce soit sur console portable que Capcom passe pour faire un RE (à sa sortie initiale) proche des premiers.
    Un bon jeu 3DS, perfectible car le gameplay, qui se veut intuitif, ne l'est pas
    Un bon jeu 3DS, perfectible car le gameplay, qui se veut intuitif, ne l'est pas totalement...

Sinon l'histoire, et la fin ouverte, est plaisante. On ne perd pas son temps. ;)
  4. Sep 25, 2016
    This is much better than Resident Evil 5 / 6.
    But, that's not saying much. Since RE5 & RE6 aren't worth finishing.
    I made the mistake of playing on an 'old' 3DS console without the circle pad pro. So, the controls weren't perfect. There were some great Resident Evil moments throughout Revelations. The shark creatures, for example, were awesome. And, I liked the underwater
    This is much better than Resident Evil 5 / 6.
    But, that's not saying much. Since RE5 & RE6 aren't worth finishing.

So, the controls weren't perfect.

There were some great Resident Evil moments throughout Revelations.
    The shark creatures, for example, were awesome.
    And, I liked the underwater segments too.

The plot is pretty awful and it is way too layered / complex.
    If a game has a phoned-in story line, it should be simple.
    The Revelations story is - basically - layer upon layer of crap.
    There were at least half a dozen twists and none of happened organically.
    But, to be fair, the cinematic effects during plot cut-scenes were pretty cool.

My main problem with the gameplay was the inconsistency in terms of difficulty.
    In a lot of sections, you can run past/through enemies without being hit by them.
    It is, often, easier to just run through a room full of enemies and slam the door closed behind you.

When I replayed the original game recently, there was still a lingering threat of death around every corner.
    The ammo and herbs were limited, back then, so you had to be careful.

Revelations is set halfway between Resident Evil 4 & Resident Evil 5.
    It is, also, halfway between a survival horror game and a 3rd person shooter.
    I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it was more challenging.

Not a bad entry in the series.
    But, not a particularly good one either.
  5. Sep 9, 2016
    Overrated. Mostly praised for its graphics, it is a good game, but not that good. Impressive to play on the handheld, it has satisfying gameplay, decent story, good production values, but is short. Worth a single playthrough, though you are not missing much if you skip it.
  6. Sep 7, 2016
    I've beaten the game in four days. I remember not being able put it down until I am at the very end. At some point you totally forget this is a handheld console game. Graphics are awesome. It's just another great RE game
  7. Apr 26, 2016
    This game was my first Resident Evil experience. The first of many I hope. Best graphics on the 3DS and a great atmosphere all along the game play. The only problem is that the controls are nearly impossible to master on a regular 3DS
  8. Mar 25, 2016
    Resident Evil Revelations is a poor attempt at returning the series to it's survival horror roots. From slow paced game play to the inability to see your own health bar, it's a mere spin-off that cashes in on the series' popularity instead of providing a fun filled experience.
  9. Feb 19, 2016
    very fun, story mode is great, graphics is amazing for 3ds, sound is also amazing, replay ability is there and will last you a very long while, online co op is very good. Amazing game and it is also very affordable !
  10. Jan 31, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I paid ten bucks on an eshop sale and to be honest even though it's resident evil I had my doubts after seeing this game go on sale numerous times. Boy did this game prove me wrong. The story may not be the best in the world however, gameplay, visuals, and soundtrack truly make this game stand out. The controls tend to be pretty great and the gameplay makes countless hours of fun. My only complaint is well sometimes the frame rate tends to drop but then again it's a 3ds game with a game that should be on a console. I highly recommend the purchase especially if you can find a sale. Expand
  11. Jan 1, 2016
    A very great game, and the 3D effect and the touch screen add more elements of fun on this title. But same without the hardware power of Vita, this version is the best of all consoles. If the replay were better...the game deserve 9/10, easy. Great game, well done Capcom!
  12. Jun 26, 2015
    Finally. A Resident Evil game with a good storyline, great controls, and the best atmosphere. Gameplay is great. I really liked the multiple perspectives. The story has unpredictable twists and turns. Perfectly placed jumpscares. Great diversity of enemies. One of the best 3DS games so far. RE:Revelations is a great step for Capcom, and a wake-up call to start fixing up the beloved RE franchise.
  13. Jun 21, 2015
    This is a really good game! My second favourite shooter game with first being Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. The graphics are really good. The controls are WAY better than the Wii U Version. The story is really interesting. The Raid Mode is the best and Online is fun. The weapons are very good, my favourite is the FN P90, 2nd is PSG-1, and 3rd being Muramasa (Moo-rah-mah-sah is I think howThis is a really good game! My second favourite shooter game with first being Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. The graphics are really good. The controls are WAY better than the Wii U Version. The story is really interesting. The Raid Mode is the best and Online is fun. The weapons are very good, my favourite is the FN P90, 2nd is PSG-1, and 3rd being Muramasa (Moo-rah-mah-sah is I think how you pronounce it) The gameplay is addictive. Resident Evil: Revelations 3D is a very great game and if you hate Resident Evil, you're silly as JB. I recommend you get this game. Expand
  14. Nov 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. having played this game for about 15 hours beating it and playing the extra modes i can fully say that its an ok game now am going to break it down into what i like and what i did not like

what i did enjoy
    the horror parts in this game are by far the best part of it, i really enjoyed the time playing on the ship it was by fare really fun and had the odd jump scares, next i really enjoyed the enemy's the ooze really cool and something different to shoot and it felt that through out the whole game there was always something new to fight either being a mini-boss to a boss to a new common enemy it made it feel like am not just shooting the same thing over and over again, next the game was actually hard it some parts, now most of the game was easy but at the odd time it was hard spoiler ( for example the time where your locked in the room and that monster comes out of the closet and you have no weapons to fight it i died a good few times there) next i enjoyed the weapons and how you get them a few weapons require you do either A just play the game and they become available or B you have to do certain challenges and then you can unlock them.

what i did not enjoy
    what is with the action parts? the horror parts where fun but every time i had to go through one of these parts i felt sad and hoped that it was only a few minutes long or super easy that i could get it over with, next the story why is it so bad? i mean nothing is good about it and most of it is either A some plot twist that involves you playing and beating a different game or B just explains why your shooting ever thing and that your not just dropped into some random part and have to kill ever thing, next is the pace you move like a brick wall even with sensitive on max you move like a brick wall and turning feels like years this is a big problem in parts with many enemy's attacking at once and results in some cheap feeling deaths. and last why do the guns sound like popcorn? if you think call of duty guns sound bad then you never have played this game.

i would say that anyone who owns a 3ds and needs something to play go ahead and play this game its fun but if your some one who just is looking at a ton of different games/already has tons of things to play then stay away from this one.
    but if you enjoy RE games or just want to play this game i would say go ahead and get it, its fun at times but in the end its something your not going to keep coming back to play
  15. Sep 21, 2014
    Probably the best game on the 3DS or any platform in a long time. Amazingly executed. Anyone who gives it a score less than 90 either doesn't have a clue or is too stuck up. Amazing!
  16. Sep 11, 2014
    Resident evil perdeu sua essência e blá blá blá . Isso é o resumo das reviews dos novos RE , gente reclamando que o jogo ta claro de mais , tem ação de mais , puzzle de menos , gente que só reclama , RE revelations veio pra calar a boca deles , o jogo se passa em um navio , (escuro) não tem muitos puzzles , mas , deu para os fãs mais novos um gostinho do que era os antigos RE , o jogo éResident evil perdeu sua essência e blá blá blá . Isso é o resumo das reviews dos novos RE , gente reclamando que o jogo ta claro de mais , tem ação de mais , puzzle de menos , gente que só reclama , RE revelations veio pra calar a boca deles , o jogo se passa em um navio , (escuro) não tem muitos puzzles , mas , deu para os fãs mais novos um gostinho do que era os antigos RE , o jogo é bem divertido , a historia é mais ou menos , zerei o jogo com 13 horas , existem 12 capítulos no game , umas das minhas preocupações com o jogo , foi em relação aos loadings , splinter cell tem um loading de até 30 segundos , RE é bem maios que ele , achei que os loadings seriam eternos , mas não são .No "raid mode" a unica coisa que realmente incomodou foi as portas , se alguém vem e abre , vc tem esperar ela fechar pra poder abrir de novo , nada muito grave , e ainda mostrou oque o 3ds é capaz de fazer , espero que lancem um jogo desse tipo pro New Nintendo 3ds Expand
  17. Jul 22, 2014
    RERE is the only Resident Evil game I've ever played all the way through. This game is only like 10ish hours of gameplay, but thats ok, because its all pretty good. It is obviously super derivative of RE4 but it has its own charm and the 3D effect is done really well and its cool that you can increase the intensity of the 3D effect in the options. The story is super stupid, but itsRERE is the only Resident Evil game I've ever played all the way through. This game is only like 10ish hours of gameplay, but thats ok, because its all pretty good. It is obviously super derivative of RE4 but it has its own charm and the 3D effect is done really well and its cool that you can increase the intensity of the 3D effect in the options. The story is super stupid, but its entertaining enough. The horror aspect is there kind of, but Jill is pretty damn unstoppable if you get the hang of her dodge move and monsters tend to pop out and try to startle you from really obvious locations. Definitely a good one to have if you have the circle pad pro and want to play something other than Snake Eater or Monster Hunter. Expand
  18. Jun 1, 2014
    este juego es el meor de 3ds que eh jugado todo es excelente pero a veces los jefes son flojos pero captura la esencia de resident evil 5 pero en una portatil la musica es excelente y los sonidos ni hablar de ellos
  19. Jan 27, 2014
    It's not as good as any of the main entries, but you don't expect it to be. I played it on the Wii U at first and was fairly disappointed... Then I got it for 3DS and I must say, it fits much better and some of its flaws are much more forgivable on the handheld. Quite impressive, just don't expect any depth like RE4.
  20. Dec 27, 2013
    Solid Resident evil game. Pushes the boundaries of 3ds almost everywhere where. Great old-school horror but that's hurt by some dull action sections but you may consider it successful crossbreeding of old-school horror and new-school action.
  21. Oct 28, 2013
    Resident Evil: Revelations for 3DS is once again a good Resi game. Story is quite solid for a horror game and it has a chapter design which fits perfectly for a handheld. Graphics are really stunning, in my opinion it's the best looking game on 3DS. Music is also fine and gameplay quite enjoyable. If you are a Resident Evil fan you will definitely like it. The only things I don't likeResident Evil: Revelations for 3DS is once again a good Resi game. Story is quite solid for a horror game and it has a chapter design which fits perfectly for a handheld. Graphics are really stunning, in my opinion it's the best looking game on 3DS. Music is also fine and gameplay quite enjoyable. If you are a Resident Evil fan you will definitely like it. The only things I don't like about this game is small variety of enemies and extremely simple "puzzles". And btw. controls are good, there's no real reason for CCP. Expand
  22. Oct 18, 2013
    AN Excelent survivor horror.
    im really impressive of capcom
    they did a good job with the esthetic,the monsters
    but there are a few thing that didnt like me
  23. Sep 30, 2013
    The best Resident Evil in over 10 years.
  24. Aug 27, 2013
    A must-purchase game for your 3DS. Lots of scary monster blasting fun. Lots of extras and replay value. Good online. Looks great in 3D the reason to get it on the 3DS rather than the main consoles.
  25. Aug 2, 2013
    I have given this game a 7, but I don´t think it deserves to pass the psychological line of 6.X. I was thinking about 6.8, so I give it a 7 because it is the closest.
    I think Resident Evil Revelations is a catalogue builder but has lots of weak points that keep it from being a great game, both as part of the RE franchise and as a videogame in general. The main campaign is not so long, about 10 hours, but felt boring for most of the time. The chapters system is ok, but most of the chapters are very dull.
    There are some things that just make no sense, restoring the electrical power of a sunken ship is one of my favourites. But what about your partners? They very rarely get attacked or kill someone, they don´t run out of ammo..... They are like an imaginary friend that follows you around. Some of them would ask you for cover so they can take shelter, but instead of taking shelter they will put them shelves in the line of fire between you and your enemies.
    Also there are very few types of enemies and I dont think the ones that look like lizards blend in the resident evil franchise. They seem to have come out of Turok or something. Just like the scanner reminds of Metroid Prime. Its main use here is to scan enemies to get herbs, or scan places to get other items, but you are already overflowed with ammo and herbs. The progress bar to get one herb fells very anti climatic. I think it could have been better if the scanner found weak points on each specific enemy so you could beat them more easily, it would have fitted the game much more than a progress bar to get extra herb, and the final effect would have been the same (easier survival).
    Otherwise, the 3d effect, extra modes and features you can unlock, sound and graphics are good. Long story short, not a classic resident evil but a game I could recommend to pass the time.
  26. Jul 18, 2013
    It squeezes all the power possible from that tiny screen on the 3DS. The storyline takes up an episodic style. Throughout the whole story, which mostly takes place on a mysterious abandones ship, you play as a variety of characters, including Jill, Parker, and Chris, among others. The plot fills in a gap between RE 4 and 5. Although it's improbable, the storyline is excellent. Some of theIt squeezes all the power possible from that tiny screen on the 3DS. The storyline takes up an episodic style. Throughout the whole story, which mostly takes place on a mysterious abandones ship, you play as a variety of characters, including Jill, Parker, and Chris, among others. The plot fills in a gap between RE 4 and 5. Although it's improbable, the storyline is excellent. Some of the script is incredibly cheesy and ridiculous however, but that doesn't happen often. The graphics are incredible for a handheld like 3DS, I never knew it had that much power. They are very realistic and add to the horror experience. So does the impressive 3D effect. I recommend you turn it on. The sound and music adds to the suspense perfectly, resulting in a superbly scary experience. The actual gameplay is reminiscent of past resident evils- before re 4. Limited ammo, memorable bosses, and more all contribute to make this the best resident evil yet. One annoyance is the limited AI of your fellow companions. The game takes about 15 hours to complete- not a lot. But raid mode at least dpubles that. In raid mode, you battle through locations from the main game, fighting enemies every step of the way. This isn't short of scares either. You can play this co-op as well, including both local and online. I'm not lying when I say this is the best resident evil I've ever played. Expand
  27. Jun 23, 2013
    My first time playing a game in this popular survival-horror franchise, I was disappointed to find out that there really isn't any horror to speak of in this game. That doesn't make it a bad game however, it makes great use of the 3D effect and has semi-decent length for a handheld game. The presentation in this game is generally impressive. Fantastic graphics and nice soundtrack reallyMy first time playing a game in this popular survival-horror franchise, I was disappointed to find out that there really isn't any horror to speak of in this game. That doesn't make it a bad game however, it makes great use of the 3D effect and has semi-decent length for a handheld game. The presentation in this game is generally impressive. Fantastic graphics and nice soundtrack really help pull you into this game, however the occasional poor voice acting and the lackluster story do hold the game back. Gameplay is also very good. Once you get used to the controls, which seem awkward at first due to a lack of camera control, everything feels right. Shooting down enemies is satisfying and rewarding, and the campaign is a lot of fun. The co-operative Raid Mode is a lot of fun too. It reminds me a lot of the zombie mode from the Call of Duty series, in that you progress through levels while fighting increasingly challenging waves of enemies. Playing this with a friend is a lot of fun. I enjoyed the game, but I wish it was scary. There was no tension or fear of what was around the next corner, so it ended up feeling like a straight up action game rather than a survival-horror experience. Part of me wonders if this was do to the fact that it is a handheld game, because when I'm on the go there's always people around, thus reducing the tension. Still this is a fun game and it's production values are through the roof and it makes great use of the 3DS' special features, even if it seems like it might be better suited for a console at times. So whether you're a Resident Evil fan or not this is a 3DS game you should consider. I just wish it was scarier. Expand
  28. Jun 9, 2013
    Im usually against giving games a 10 but this one deserves it! I normally dont get scared but chills were going through my spine as i was playing this one. Easy controls good graphics and an amazing story! This is an actual resident evil game. Great soundtracks and background music. Simply flawless!
  29. May 30, 2013
    Well this is a great game. Its scary, its got an interesting, lengthy story, multitudes of playable characters, all kinds of guns, and the slightly different but huge loads of fun raid mode, which can be played online!! Lemme start over. This game takes place on a cruise ship, if you've ever been on a cruise you know how many different environments can be in there. Most of themWell this is a great game. Its scary, its got an interesting, lengthy story, multitudes of playable characters, all kinds of guns, and the slightly different but huge loads of fun raid mode, which can be played online!! Lemme start over. This game takes place on a cruise ship, if you've ever been on a cruise you know how many different environments can be in there. Most of them terrifying with zombies. The controls are pretty well setup, but if you want the real FPS experience, go get the circle pad pro. Pairs up with this game beautifully well. The story is long and took me a while to beat while never boring me. The gun and character selection is great, in raid mode and campaign mode. And my favorite part? The replay value on this game is through the roof. Besides raid mode, which is big, they also have trophies and such to keep you invested in the campain mode also. I believe this is one of the best games i own for my 3ds and will never stop playing it. Expand
  30. May 29, 2013
    Not quite what I thought it would be

This is a title many people including myself have been waiting for for a long time. It promises an almost console like experience and to some extent it does deliver that, although it has it's flaws. The Good Graphically decent, probably the 2nd best looking 3ds game so far (second to Mario Kart 7 which looks phenomenal) Sound design is awesome,
    Not quite what I thought it would be

The Good
    Sound design is awesome, play this wearing a decent pair of headphones to get the most of out the sound. The 3ds speakers don't do it justice.
    The luxury cruise ship Queen Zenobia is a decent setting although has been done before in Resident Evil Gaiden.
    Unlockables and costumes to collect.
    Almost returns to the franchises routes with some scares and backtracking to return to newly accessible areas.
    Weapon upgrade system works well and is fun to experiment with.
    Good pacing, not always solving puzzles or shooting monsters.
    Play as the old favourite reoccurring characters.
    Raid mode is decent alone.
    You can move while shooting now. You may like or dislike this.
    Good length. Took me about 10 hours to finish the campaign.
    Many medals to unlock (sort of like achievements/trophies)

The Bad

The game teases you as you get a bit of old school corridor exploration like in the earlier games but in the style at Resident Evil 4-5. This would be a good thing but on too many occasions the game resorts to throwing waves of enemies at you and almost becomes a bad third person shooter.
    The story is laughably bad. Terragrigia? Veltro? Why is Capcom introducing more needless rubbish to an already convoluted franchise?
    The new characters are pointless, annoying and add nothing to the franchise. Why not give us a game with Billy or Barry? Nobody wants "Jackass", "Grinder" and "Jessica"
    The dialogue is cringeworthy even by Japanese standards. It's so bad it rivals the first games except it's not in any way amusing.
    Every time a bit of tension builds the game takes you away from the action and forces you to play a lame third person shooter. By the second episode you will have mowed down more Hunters than in every other Resident Evil game combined. It's not fun and it adds nothing.

Limited ammo and herb carrying capability. You can carry 40 bullets and 5 herbs at first until later where you can find bags to hold more. You have to leave most ammo behind which is annoying.

They removed the item management system, all you have to do is select your weapon loadouts at weapon chests. This may actually be a good thing depending on your preference.

The bosses and enemies are really generic and actually make you laugh more than they scare you. The first and second bosses in particular are just stupid.

The Genesis. You can scan enemies with this which basically fills a bar. Once the bar is filled you get a green herb, which you won't need more than likely. Also you can use the genesis to scan rooms for hidden items. Doesn't add anything and just slows the game down.

Haven't been to able to connect to a multiplayer Raid game.
    Horrendous lag when a new area is loading. Instead of getting a "now loading" screen the game carries on but the frame rate drops to 2fps and the game stutters like crazy totally removing the point of having invisible loading screens (to avoid breaking immersion).

While the sound is good when there is many explosions and gunfire the 3DS speakers distort like crazy. I use headphones most of the time but if you allow the speakers to distort like that they WILL break.

Load times are ridiculous for a cartridge based game. I know the game is probably heavily compressed to fit on the cart but it's still pretty poor.

Ridiculous circle pad pro add on I refuse to buy makes the game control better apparently. The controls are pretty stiff without but manageable.

I'm a total Resident Evil fan having completed the previous games many times, Resident Evil 2 and 4 I have probably finished 20-30 times each. I can honestly say this one will never be replayed and I was kind of glad it finished when it did. However it's still a decent game on a system without too many must have titles and I would recommend it at a lower price.

1. Gamer.no
    Mar 9, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations shows the potential that lies in Nintendos new handheld console. The story itself is masterfully told inepisodes, and the game has the best sound I've experienced on a 3DS sofar. The controls, however, seem a bit too stiff, but in a way thatalso enhanced the general claustrophobic atmosphere in the game.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Mar 8, 2012
    Best parts of survival action are horror moments and online cooperation. RE: Revelations show the potential of 3DS in full scale. [Feb 2012]
  3. Feb 29, 2012
    While survival-horror definitely isn't my best genre, Resident Evil: Revelations is easily one of the best 3DS games I've played to date. Just about any frustrations I've come across is due to my own lack of skill and experience with the franchise as a whole. If you're a Resident Evil fan with a 3DS, this is definitely one to pick up.