8.5

1. Feb 10, 2012
    Excellent game. Great job made by Capcom. The best graphics on 3DS, great story and beautiful soundtrack. A must have sure!. A game that recovers things that RE 5 minimized... You will love this game, ;)
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    I normally don't appreciate people who give a perfect score to a video game, because I feel like they're lying to themselves. But Resident Evil Revelations really does deserve a perfect 10 out of 10. Capcom has finally found the perfect balance between action and horror, something that was severely lacking in Res 5. Revelations definitely has the creepiness factor that was present in theI normally don't appreciate people who give a perfect score to a video game, because I feel like they're lying to themselves. But Resident Evil Revelations really does deserve a perfect 10 out of 10. Capcom has finally found the perfect balance between action and horror, something that was severely lacking in Res 5. Revelations definitely has the creepiness factor that was present in the early additions to the series, it even got me to jump at a few points in the game. The only fault the game has is that it gets a bit glitchy at some points in the game, but it really isn't that big of deal. Revelations looks great, even in 3D, and in my opinion takes the crown for the best game on the 3DS. Expand
  3. Mar 13, 2012
    The best game available for 3DS. The graphics are as good (or maybe even better) as on a Wii. This is the second RE game I played (Mercenaries 3D was the first one) and I'm surely becoming a fan of it. The soundtrack is epic, campaign is great and so is co-op mode. I enjoyed every single minute of it!
  4. Feb 19, 2012
    I just finished the campaign and I must say Resident Evil Revelations is the spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4. It took the frights and action from 4 and provided a somewhat easier to work with control scheme. (Note: Circle Pad Pro made the gameplay night and day better!). The episodic nature of the game was perfect for playing on a handheld, and the story did not suffer for it.
  5. Feb 26, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations is just plain out AMAZING. I was never really into gun games, except Halo, but this game is one of my only exceptions. This game is also filled with suspense that makes me jump sometimes lol. The storyline in this game is by far the best storyline in a game ever. I also want to clarify having the Circle Pad Pro makes the controls a bit easier, but I don't use itResident Evil: Revelations is just plain out AMAZING. I was never really into gun games, except Halo, but this game is one of my only exceptions. This game is also filled with suspense that makes me jump sometimes lol. The storyline in this game is by far the best storyline in a game ever. I also want to clarify having the Circle Pad Pro makes the controls a bit easier, but I don't use it and have made extremely good progress. If you don't have it... GET IT! Best $40.00 I have ever spent :) Expand
  6. Apr 2, 2012
    A very joyful classic RE experience delivered to your handheld. A benchmark in graphics, story, gameplay, sound for other 3DS and portable developers. Hopefully a lesson is learnt by Capcom that people still love horror games and hopefully RE6 isn't CoD like. This one is a must-have for any 3DS owner.
  7. Apr 19, 2012
    A decent addition to the Resident Evil franchise that seems to go back to it's roots (RE 1 and 2) in that it's holding true to the claustrophobic, tense and eerie atmosphere. Capcom did a wonderful job. there ARE some criticisms, however... the control scheme of the game is a little tricky on it's own and it is highly recommended that if you get this game, get the circle-pad-pro for it asA decent addition to the Resident Evil franchise that seems to go back to it's roots (RE 1 and 2) in that it's holding true to the claustrophobic, tense and eerie atmosphere. Capcom did a wonderful job. there ARE some criticisms, however... the control scheme of the game is a little tricky on it's own and it is highly recommended that if you get this game, get the circle-pad-pro for it as well as that will certainly make the game that much easier to control. graphics are stunning, voice-acting feels genuine and doesn't feel forced. the fact that you play through from different perspectives to get different points of the story is clever and works well.

it isn't a perfect game but it comes very, very close.
  8. Feb 20, 2012
    This game has everything you could hope for. A reasonably long campaign, a New Game+ option and an additional difficulty once you beat it, a separate raid mode that allows coop play both locally and online, a reasonably good story, suspense, dark and scary (well, depends on you) corridors, lots of discoverables, a variety of weapon upgrades, good boss fights, really good controls (evenThis game has everything you could hope for. A reasonably long campaign, a New Game+ option and an additional difficulty once you beat it, a separate raid mode that allows coop play both locally and online, a reasonably good story, suspense, dark and scary (well, depends on you) corridors, lots of discoverables, a variety of weapon upgrades, good boss fights, really good controls (even without the extra circle pad), and some of the best graphics available in any 3DS game. Maybe the first must-have 3DS title that wasn't made by Nintendo itself. Expand
  9. Feb 20, 2012
    I am a big RE fan since its PS1 days, having played most of its installments across different systems. After the relatively disappointing RE5, I am surprised at how much Revelations freak me out. Great atmosphere and music, and believe it or not, greatly improved controls which were inherited from Mercenaries 3D! Each missions are also designed to allow for portable play, with numerousI am a big RE fan since its PS1 days, having played most of its installments across different systems. After the relatively disappointing RE5, I am surprised at how much Revelations freak me out. Great atmosphere and music, and believe it or not, greatly improved controls which were inherited from Mercenaries 3D! Each missions are also designed to allow for portable play, with numerous checkpoints. If you have a 3DS, then you should buy this game. It's a must have! Expand
  10. Feb 26, 2012
    Finally Resident Evil returns to its roots again authentic survival horror with ZOMBIES! the game has a great scary atmosphere and a great location for a RE game with dark places and corridors and places that look similar to the mansion from the original RE so the level desing is really well made and the booses are very cool, the main campaing takes place in a luxury ship cruise called theFinally Resident Evil returns to its roots again authentic survival horror with ZOMBIES! the game has a great scary atmosphere and a great location for a RE game with dark places and corridors and places that look similar to the mansion from the original RE so the level desing is really well made and the booses are very cool, the main campaing takes place in a luxury ship cruise called the queen zenobia were you control Jill valentaine in search for Chris Redfield and you must travel around the ship infested with zombies, some puzzles like in the original games and being scared sometimes the campaing has 12 episodes divided in 2 parts each so is a long game the campaing took me 10-12 hours so its a fairly long game.
    The gameplay mechanics are the sames as RE 4 and 5 in a 3rd person camera for moving and for shooting you can go into a 1rst person mode or 3rd person mode (you can choose the shooting camera in the options menu ) but 2 thing were added: unlike RE 4 and 5 now you can move when aiming by holding the L-button but when walking and aiming you can´t move your gun aming laser, that can be fixed with a circle pad pro but that accsesroy is not required to play the game but it can make the gameplay a little more confortable.
    The second addition is doge, when a enemy is about to attack by moving the circle pad up or down + B you can doge the enemy attack and counter-attack this is a very helpful tactic and will help you to save up herbs and make your way around the enemies.
    The only thing I didn´t like about the game is that sometimes you play some missions that are fillers with characters that you don´t care about and had no charm whatsoever.
    The other thing that may don´t like you is that some missions are action based like RE5 when you simply need to go from start to finish, actually these missions are not bad (exept for the fillers ones) but if you wanted a 100% horror game that´s not the case but the good news is that the campaing focuses in mayor part in the horror aspects so is a 70% of horror and 30% of action gameplay.
    there´s also a Raid mode witch is basicly Mercenaries without a time limit were you need to get to the end of the level killing evereything in your path is a fun mode that can be played on line and will add more replay value and a archivement system that serves to unlock weapons outfits and some other things. In conclusion I can say that this is the best 3DS game to date the graphics are really good and the 3d effect is pretty cool, the game is worth buying especially for RE fans that wanted another horror game in the series but with some fillers and action based missions I give it a 9/10.
  11. Mar 6, 2012
    A phenomenal game. It will make you feel scared, feel powerful, then feel powerless. It will make you cry. It will make you happy. It has everything that makes a good game good. Revelations takes the horror elements of RE4 and the action of RE5 and beautifully mixes them into what arguably may be the best RE game to date. This game alone is a reason to buy a 3ds.
  12. Feb 20, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations proves that the 3DS can have great looking games. The graphics are better than I thought the 3DS could handle, and the 3D effect makes it look even better. The details are great too. You can shoot a zombie's arm and it will go limp and swing around, and you can shoot their leg and they will fall down and start to crawl. Resident Evil: Revelations is a full gameResident Evil: Revelations proves that the 3DS can have great looking games. The graphics are better than I thought the 3DS could handle, and the 3D effect makes it look even better. The details are great too. You can shoot a zombie's arm and it will go limp and swing around, and you can shoot their leg and they will fall down and start to crawl. Resident Evil: Revelations is a full game and will keep you playing for hours. Expand
  13. Feb 29, 2012
    I just don't know how some reviewers can bash on this game. It's like we were playing two totally different games.

Basically this game is a must-buy. You can get 100 hours worth of gameplay in this title. Definite instant buy.
  14. Mar 5, 2012
    RER have a perfect balace between action and terror. A graphical impressive and very well set paragraph. It manages brilliantly with the second jostick and your mode online is equal of well that your mode in solitary. I want another RE in 3DS already!
  15. Mar 23, 2012
    Story is brilliant with twists around every corner. Gameplay is fun, I personally use ABXY to aim but you can use traditional controls if you wish. Environments are incredibly varied considering the nature of the genre. There aren't any real scares in this game, but a few shocks can be expected. The online mode extends replayability quite a bit, and the unlockable "hell mode" will keep youStory is brilliant with twists around every corner. Gameplay is fun, I personally use ABXY to aim but you can use traditional controls if you wish. Environments are incredibly varied considering the nature of the genre. There aren't any real scares in this game, but a few shocks can be expected. The online mode extends replayability quite a bit, and the unlockable "hell mode" will keep you on your toes. This game is worth every penny. Expand
  16. Apr 25, 2012
    this game is great! the graphics are incredible! the gameplay is solid, the sound is pretty good too, there are a lot of unlockable content even after you finish the game, capcom did a great job, 10/10 for me :)
  17. Feb 15, 2012
    Revelations is proof that Capcom did not forget the good old terror. Despite a few flaws, it is the game that fans of the saga were asking since 2005, when Resident Evil 4 arrived at stores to completely changing the franchise. Turn off the lights, put the headphones and get ready to be terrorized once again.
  18. Mar 10, 2012
    Didn't expect it to be this good. Most surprisingly was the main campaign being around 10 hours, which is much more than the average console titles this generation. Amazed by the overall performance and graphics for a handheld. You can really see this was a passionate project made by a smaller team at Capcom, trying to do some new things with the franchise and add some horror-elements tooDidn't expect it to be this good. Most surprisingly was the main campaign being around 10 hours, which is much more than the average console titles this generation. Amazed by the overall performance and graphics for a handheld. You can really see this was a passionate project made by a smaller team at Capcom, trying to do some new things with the franchise and add some horror-elements too (which RE 5 didn't had). No zombies are in the game, but at least they're not shooting like RE5. The enemies are random mutated monsters caused by a new virus. I'm also surprised by the online mode, called Raid Mode. No co-op mode that got RE5 ruined, but some kind of Horde mode while walking through the levels from the campaign. There are no story or cutscenes, just walking through the levels and killing monsters with your partner. You can level up until level 50, meanwhile you gain much kind of weapons, upgrades and money to buy stuff in the store and getting better. a good alternative if you want to play something else than the campaign. Expand
  19. Oct 3, 2012
    Nada que decir un juego simplemente bueno, un juego que coge lo bueno de resident evil 4 y de el suspenso de la vieja escuela, lastima que sea solo para 3ds pero aun así un amigo me lo facilito y me lo pase como un enano me encanto la verdad un gran juego que ningún poseedor de 3DS se lo debe perder, si quieres un resident evil como los clásicos esta es tu oportunidad..
  20. Mar 23, 2012
    The main attractive of this game are its obvious superb graphics, amazing music, great 3D and cool story (Sometimes you don't know if you are playing a portable game!)... It campaign mode could be kinda short, but still an amazing experience, and replayable as the other RE games!... The Raid mode is a great addition, it is very fun (Sometimes not as fun or replayable as mercenaries,The main attractive of this game are its obvious superb graphics, amazing music, great 3D and cool story (Sometimes you don't know if you are playing a portable game!)... It campaign mode could be kinda short, but still an amazing experience, and replayable as the other RE games!... The Raid mode is a great addition, it is very fun (Sometimes not as fun or replayable as mercenaries, though) and the online mode and missions increase significantly it replay... I just would liked a voice chat.... But overall is a magnificent experience! Expand
  21. Feb 16, 2012
    Resident evil revelations is a return to the original series style with classic resi controls or new 1st person shooter controls the choice is yours. you can also use the 3ds add on circle pad pro for the ultimate shooter experience. My choice is the classic control as it adds to the overall feeling of playing a true resi game. revelations keeps you short on ammo and health which adds toResident evil revelations is a return to the original series style with classic resi controls or new 1st person shooter controls the choice is yours. you can also use the 3ds add on circle pad pro for the ultimate shooter experience. My choice is the classic control as it adds to the overall feeling of playing a true resi game. revelations keeps you short on ammo and health which adds to the tension along with the music and graphics. revelations is the best resi title since resi 4. With the co op raid mode which can also be played solo online or off. collectables,new costumes, phantom handprints scattered throught the chapters of story mode theres plenty to keep you playing long after the credits roll on the campaign. recommended for fans and newcomers alike revelations may well be the best game available on the 3ds so far. Expand
  22. May 6, 2012
    I Couldn't put this down from start to finish . The story is great and gameplay and graphics are amazing for handheld experience . There even online play that uses levels from story mode and weapons that you upgrade as you level up. Its great working together with someone else helping them out of tight spots or defeating monsters together. It would been boss if game supported voice chatI Couldn't put this down from start to finish . The story is great and gameplay and graphics are amazing for handheld experience . There even online play that uses levels from story mode and weapons that you upgrade as you level up. Its great working together with someone else helping them out of tight spots or defeating monsters together. It would been boss if game supported voice chat but sadly not here:( its still great game and one that every 3DS owner should have in there collection:P Expand
  23. Oct 24, 2012
    Revelations is not the best Resident Evil game ever created, but it's without a doubt the best the series has seen in a very long time. And not just because it's scary. The level design is almost consistently tight, the controls work perfectly, and the amount of resource management required is that of legend in Hell difficulty. This game seamlessly merges the traditional survival-horrorRevelations is not the best Resident Evil game ever created, but it's without a doubt the best the series has seen in a very long time. And not just because it's scary. The level design is almost consistently tight, the controls work perfectly, and the amount of resource management required is that of legend in Hell difficulty. This game seamlessly merges the traditional survival-horror roots with the action side the series has seen ever since 4, and the result is a much deeper and intense Resident Evil experience as a whole. The dialogue and plot are ultra cheesy as usual, and this does drag the game down, but at least it's nothing like Wesker's "becoming a god" bull**** in RE5. This game is a must-own for any 3DS owner, and it's the perfect reason for any hardcore fan of the series to purchase a 3DS immediately. Simply phenomenal. Expand
  24. Feb 18, 2012
    Gameplay:
    the controls work great, everything is so responsive. and the touch screen is very handy, as it also has shortcuts to pic weapon and melee/grenades, also the map.
    Story: the story served its purpose, it gave you an inceptive to keep playing. a strong on at that. it was very entertaining. but nothing groundbreaking. Graphics: the 3D effect actually added more detail, and the
    Gameplay:

Story:
    the 3D effect actually added more detail, and the depth ads to the suspense, you can feel the monsters getting closer. it made the game look very good.

Replay value:
    i have clocked 9 hours and 45 minutes only after finishing the main story, there is a whole other mode to pay with called raid mode, it has Co-Op both local and online. the game has a newgame+ feature, with achievement like ''missions'' that reward you with weapons and perks when you complete them, you can share them using street pass too.

Overall:
    i highly recommend this game to anyone who has a 3DS and is over 18 years old.
    the game was very exhilarating and fun. you will not regret it.
  25. Mar 5, 2012
    When I had the good fortune of being introduced to Resident Evil back in 1996, it was the scariest thing out there, and I loved it. If you're a long-time fan of RE like me, you may have noticed that Capcom has strayed from the classic Survival Horror genre with Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and The Mercenaries. Along with the Resident Evil 5 "Lost in Nightmares" DLC, Revelations seeksWhen I had the good fortune of being introduced to Resident Evil back in 1996, it was the scariest thing out there, and I loved it. If you're a long-time fan of RE like me, you may have noticed that Capcom has strayed from the classic Survival Horror genre with Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and The Mercenaries. Along with the Resident Evil 5 "Lost in Nightmares" DLC, Revelations seeks to revive the Survival Horror tradition, and does it quite well. One of my few criticisms is that sometimes, they try too hard and at other times, they don't try hard enough.

Aside from slightly lacking horror content, Revelations has a great story, cast (with two exceptions, which I'll state soon), graphics, and music. The 3D effect is truly beautiful in most cases, but, in a few cases, held back gameplay (The autostereoscopic 3D of the 3DS creates a double-image when viewed from the wrong angles).

My main complaint is the characters "Grinder" and "Jackass" (Quint and Keith, respectively). They absolutely ruined the parts of the game they appeared in.
    The ending is truly wonderful. I won't spoil anything, but I'm sure you will be satisfied with the ending.

Overall, Revelations is a great game. If you have a 3DS and the coin, I highly recommend you but it. You won't regret it.
  26. Mar 19, 2012
    This is my favorite Resident Evil game of all time.
    The first 60% of the game is a wonderful return to the survival-horror type of gaming.
    The music is great and the gameplay seemingly fits perfectly onto the 3DS. I wouldnt play the game any other way to be honest. However what's a bit disappointing is that the game suddenly turns over the the action genre in the last 20% of the game
    This is my favorite Resident Evil game of all time.
    The music is great and the gameplay seemingly fits perfectly onto the 3DS.
    I wouldnt play the game any other way to be honest.

However what's a bit disappointing is that the game suddenly turns over the the action genre in the last 20% of the game which is not so bad but a bit weird.
    The game has short cutscenes which are beautifully rendered.

The graphics of this game is just simply wonderful for the 3DS and is notably the best graphically looking game to ever appear on a nintendo machine thus far.
    The game even has fantastic 3D!

Resident Evil : Revelations did right what Resident Evil 5 did wrong.
    This is a strong exclusive for the 3DS and is a game that may change your mind from getting a Vita.

I dont even understand how some game reviewers can give idiotic scores like 6/10! This game at the least deserves more than an 8 out of 10 for notably being the best portable game of the decade

Dont waste anymore time. Go out and buy this game immediately if you own a 3DS.
    If capcom releases any more Resident Evil 3DS like this one i wouldnt hesitate to go out and support them for bringing such a wonderful game to the 3DS
  27. Apr 29, 2012
    super good game awesome use of the 3d it actually felt like an older game but in a good way, i really felt like capcom did a great job with this game it was truely a great resident evil game
  28. Nov 11, 2012
    This game brings me back memories of resident evil 4. In some areas they exceed RE4, in others they don't. For example, the ooze are really creepy enemies. The game overall is probably scarier than RE4. Some of the boss fights like Scagdead and Rachel, are really good. The sea creepers are so scary, you find it difficult to get yourself to go in the shallow water. The onlyThis game brings me back memories of resident evil 4. In some areas they exceed RE4, in others they don't. For example, the ooze are really creepy enemies. The game overall is probably scarier than RE4. Some of the boss fights like Scagdead and Rachel, are really good. The sea creepers are so scary, you find it difficult to get yourself to go in the shallow water. The only disappointment I have with this game is the fact that it was released for 3ds. The game would have sold much more if it were released on ps3 and I could enjoy playing the game on my TV instead of a small screen. The inventory is really good too. Not as good as RE4, but definitely better than RE5 and RE6. Boss fights are on average OK. Scagdead and Rachel may be good but the other 3 are basically on par with RE5. The dodge mechanic isn't that great either. Also there are times where you play as these random characters, this should have been thrown out. The game should have focused more on Jill. Expand
  29. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After looking through this new game by Cap com I went ahead and buy ed it with new characters and some oldies that we like, like Jill Valentine and Chris Red field and it also has new creatures which acts like zombies they grab you they try to eat you yep a same thing about a zombie would do to you too.

Still this is a new story based in a ship for Jill story you get to play as two characters in this wounder ful game and of course many more.

Just buy and you won't be disappointed with this game better than Mercenaries I' am sure.

A lot talk about the camera part for some reason, still it's like Resident Evil 4 and 5 so I can't see why people complain about it.

Downside is playing with someone on net well there is lag and you can't go through a door when the other person opens it, instead you got to open it yourself I find that annoying at times.
  30. Feb 7, 2012
    AMAZING. Must Buy. Awesome story, graphics sounds, all that stuff. Plus if your still not sure, there's a free, yep i wrote it, free demo. So try it, if you like it then buy it, but if you don't like it don't. Im not going to be one of those annoying people who tells everyone to buy a games even if they hate it. HA!!!!!!!!!!

1. Mar 9, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations shows the potential that lies in Nintendos new handheld console. The story itself is masterfully told inepisodes, and the game has the best sound I've experienced on a 3DS sofar. The controls, however, seem a bit too stiff, but in a way thatalso enhanced the general claustrophobic atmosphere in the game.
    Best parts of survival action are horror moments and online cooperation. RE: Revelations show the potential of 3DS in full scale. [Feb 2012]
  3. Feb 29, 2012
    While survival-horror definitely isn't my best genre, Resident Evil: Revelations is easily one of the best 3DS games I've played to date. Just about any frustrations I've come across is due to my own lack of skill and experience with the franchise as a whole. If you're a Resident Evil fan with a 3DS, this is definitely one to pick up.