7.5

1. Feb 7, 2012
    Best 3D eshop game yet! More fun than Mutant Mudd or Pushmo. I love the variety of minigames, the changes in enemies with different actions. It requires quick reactions but also patience. Really does have the same spirit as Mike Tyson's Punchout on NES, one of my fave games of all time. Buy this now, you won't regret it! Only $6.99, I would pay $20 for this easy
  2. Mar 26, 2012
    This game is fantastic, tons of original content, great character design, twitch-gamer mechanics, all for $7. Highly recommended. Love all the small side games and little touches, its obvious the developers had a good time making this game and its a perfect portable game to play in bits and pieces. More please!
  3. Feb 8, 2012
    Near perfect portable game. I say near perfect because I wish the was a ronin mode where I could fight for ever and play dice. Love that skill is involved in this game, and timing.Not a mindless hack and slash that I am sure annoyed lesser game players. Intuitive game play and a whimsical setting make this a welcome addition to any download library. I have been waiting for this game since seeing Yojimbo when I was nine. Expand
  4. Mar 8, 2012
    You get a lot of content here for $7. The main game can be completed in about 5 hours however you also get 30, 50, and 100 thug challenges for each boss you defeat. There is a Rock Garden mode as well. This mode allows you to "dedicate" your daily steps count to the Sakura Trees in the garden. Doing so makes the trees bloom. Once the game is completed you can start over again in Expert mode. In this mode you only get 3 hearts and the baddies do 2x damage.

Overall Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword is a great game, especially for $7. You will feel like you are a samurai when you get good enough at the game. The satisfaction of consecutively beating everyone down without even taking a hit is great. The art style and music fits it well and the extras are a nice touch. If you have a Nintendo 3DS then you should head to the EShop and Download this great deal today. See more info @: http://technicalgaming.blogspot.com/
  5. Jul 18, 2012
    This was another huge surprise hit for me. After seeing many reviews and videos, I knew tons of other people gave it very high praise but something about the character style bothered me and it looked very shallow. I bought it anyway and was happy I gave it a chance because it turned out to be a lot more fun then it looked (to me at least). I enjoy traditional Japanese music, history, and culture so that played a small role in it, but I've had fun with it every play since. Someone compared it to the several chopping/slicing/swinging mini games available on the Wii. It's essentially that same idea with a decent variation of tricks and timing. I love it and I think most gamers should definitely give it a shot. Expand
  6. Mar 8, 2012

1. Jan 17, 2013
    Hana Samurai is an interesting title with a pretty good quality/price ratio. If you're looking for a nice experience with a deep but simple combat system, you should buy it with no regrets.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    It's just a shame that by the time you master it, the short three hour quest is up. [Jan 2013, p.83]
  3. Nov 10, 2012
    Hana Samurai: Art of the Sword, while not a must-have, is still a good addition to the growing library of the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Currently the game is available online for what may seem like a high cost of £6.29, but is worth buying for people who like challenging, timing-based combat and the overall style of the game.