Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir 3DS

6.1

1. Apr 7, 2013
    I absolutely loved this game. It's good for those of you who like a good scare, but won't give you nightmares for the rest of your life. I haven't played any of the Fatal Frame games, partly because I've seen gameplay, and it looks even freakier than spirit camera, and partly because I have no PS2. If you want to get into horror games and haven't played any yet, this is a good starter.I absolutely loved this game. It's good for those of you who like a good scare, but won't give you nightmares for the rest of your life. I haven't played any of the Fatal Frame games, partly because I've seen gameplay, and it looks even freakier than spirit camera, and partly because I have no PS2. If you want to get into horror games and haven't played any yet, this is a good starter. Now, don't get me wrong, these characters do look quite realistic at first. True story- I didn't know what to expect from Spirit Camera, played the first battle, and was afraid to go to the bathroom at night. The, I played it about 6 months later, and knew what to expect. Before playing the game, check out the characters on the official website. That should give you a sense of what to expect. It's a shame they don't show the woman in black, though, and some of the diary pages are missing on the site. Oh well, what can you do? The game may be short, but once you complete it, you get a lot of extra cool stuff. Also, you can play the game again with Maya in a different (VERY different) outfit. It only took my 3 days to finish after my little (or big) break, so it's short. The creepiest battle may have been Shiori's... that creeped me out for like one night but then I was fine, and I forgot about my fears of her and came to love her. Over all, I give this game a 10 (I'd give it a 100 if I could). Collapse
  2. Apr 7, 2013

1. Aug 21, 2012
    There's no shortage of ideas on display, featuring some of the best use of AR tech on the handheld to date, but ultimately the 3DS feels more like a curse for the franchise, rather than a blessing.
  2. Aug 11, 2012
    Spirit Camera is one of those games with a funny concept and that, while not resulting in the expected scale, always end up creating a certain willingness to finish the narrative presented.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Aug 10, 2012
    Unsatisfactory survival horror shows an interesting concept but every positive feeling is wiped out by its overall shortness and a weak presentation of augmented-reality. [Issue#220]