6.1

1. Jun 25, 2011
    There's so much potential in this game yet the difficulty of controls make this a bit forgettable. It's my least played game in my collection so far.
  2. Nov 13, 2011

A great little game. Unfortunately, gamers are spoiled today and expect way too much. Steel Diver is a game that demands precision and only rewards mastery. This doesn't sit well with most people, I imagine.
  3. Apr 29, 2012
    This game makes me sad. Its not a bad game by any means, but it could have been so much better. The controls are purposefully unresponsive which may sound like a bad thing, but if this game had fluid and responsive controls, it would suck. The whole poit of this game is to make you think about your next move, and requiring you to anticipate whats next, which makes the gameplay smart andThis game makes me sad. Its not a bad game by any means, but it could have been so much better. The controls are purposefully unresponsive which may sound like a bad thing, but if this game had fluid and responsive controls, it would suck. The whole poit of this game is to make you think about your next move, and requiring you to anticipate whats next, which makes the gameplay smart and rewarding. The graphics and art of the game are quite nice, and the sound effects are very atmospheric, which really help to immerse you into the game. The great thing about this game is how unique the gameplay is. Chances are you haven't every played a sidescrolling submarine strategy/action/racing/sim game before. This is why it pains me to say how little gameplay is existant in this game. You get three subs, and 7 short levels, and thats it. If your good at the game you could probably beat the hardest/longest level in the game in under 10 minutes. Although it's fun to replay the levels with different subs, your doing it on the same 7 levels. Although when you beat all the levels with all three subs you unlock expert levels, their just the same levels with a few extra objects put in it. The short time trial mode and crummy battleship ripoff aren't enough to make up for the overall lack of content. Although I do think the gameplay is quite fun and the game is atmospheric, I can't shake the feeling that because of the relatively small amount of content in this game it would have been better suited as an eshop downloadable title. If you can find this game for 15 or possibly 20$ I could recommend it but otherwise the price is just to steep. Its a shame there isn't more content because the game itself is quite intruiging. Expand

1. Jul 7, 2011
    Simple arcade game with relatively addicting gameplay which suffers from a severe lack of content. In this case it's quite a fundamental problem.
    Some good ideas and stunning graphics with nice 3D effects rise this underwater arcade slightly above average. [June 2011]
  3. Jun 20, 2011
    It seems safe to say that Steel Diver will not reach the level of popularity among Nintendo's most beloved franchises, but Miyamoto and company still deserve kudos for inventing another unique gameplay experience that is seldom seen elsewhere. While the learning curve can be steep, enough patience will lead to a satisfying package that's two games in one and easily bears replaying.