8.3

1. Dec 29, 2011
    Very enjoyable and one of the best reasons to a 3DS, everyone needs to own this game. The 3D in the game is by far the best 3D done on the system so far and it really shows what the system can do with a good 3D game. The levels are enjoyable as well as plentiful and it'll keep your attention for days. If you own the 3DS, then you most likely already own this game since it's probably theVery enjoyable and one of the best reasons to a 3DS, everyone needs to own this game. The 3D in the game is by far the best 3D done on the system so far and it really shows what the system can do with a good 3D game. The levels are enjoyable as well as plentiful and it'll keep your attention for days. If you own the 3DS, then you most likely already own this game since it's probably the best original game to date. For others, this is the game that'll show off the true 3D capability the system can offer, unlike 90% of the rest of the games out there. Buy this game if you haven't already and you'll love it to death. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2011
    Super Mario 3D Land delivers a awesome 3D experience with great game play we expect from Mario. Everything is top notch for a portable experience and I can't put it down. I can't give it a 9.7 on here, so it's rounded up to 10. Buy it!
  3. Nov 13, 2011
    This is one of my new favorite 3DS games it uses all the 3D technology and it is worth 40 bucks on release.Tho it is slow in the beginning and then picks up. I still would not rate this game low it is a must have if you own a 3DS. Especially for the holidays it is a great gift.
  4. Dec 10, 2011
    One of the best platform games in general. Amazing gameplay, great 3D, you just can not get away. If you have 3DS this is your must have, and if you do not have - Buy the bundle pack.
  5. Nov 6, 2012
    Super Mario 3D Land delivers in showing what the 3DS is capable of. This game couldn't been done in any other console, cause it takes perfect advantage of the 3D capabilities of the new Nintendo handheld.

The levels are not open, and the camera cannot be changed, but that's the perfect design choice, so the 3D effects the development team has prepared to amaze us are in full power. And they're magnificent!

Graphically speaking is really a great game, with a deep variety of worlds and levels. The first worlds are not that difficult but this game is challenging in the last 8 worlds! Also if you want to get all the star coins and the golden poles (with both Mario and Luigi) you better be prepared to lose a lot of lives (and be prepared to a good surprise if you do so).

In summary: a must have for the 3DS and a very unique Mario game that keeps being faithful to the 3D Mario roots and at the same time innovates.
  6. Jan 29, 2014
    This is honestly my favorite 3DS game. I played Super Mario 3D World before I played this and I hesitated on buying this because I wasn't blown away by 3D World and I thought that the games might be similar. Well, they are not. 3D Land is completely made with the 3D feature in mind and is just a straight up pure mario game. This is my favorite Mario game since Super Mario 64. I like 3DThis is honestly my favorite 3DS game. I played Super Mario 3D World before I played this and I hesitated on buying this because I wasn't blown away by 3D World and I thought that the games might be similar. Well, they are not. 3D Land is completely made with the 3D feature in mind and is just a straight up pure mario game. This is my favorite Mario game since Super Mario 64. I like 3D World and this game actually makes me appreciate it a little more, but this game just has the 'it' factor. I just like playing it. Every single level I have played (I just got to stage 8) has been a lot of fun. Not necessarily the most challenging (I have 54 lives), but very, very, fun and just an unbelievably good game for a hand held. This is definitely the best playform for this type of mario game which pulls from various influences while innovating with the 3D aspect. Expand
  7. Jul 12, 2012
    Presentation in this game gets 9.5, Music is Beautiful, being the first Mario in 3DS sets game a standard in graphics like Nintendo always did, 3D effect was used nice, but for the most parts it was just to add more "colors", the "Real" 3D effect showing why it is needed is only used in some locations scattered throughout the levels, that is why I have taken out half. But Gameplay wasPresentation in this game gets 9.5, Music is Beautiful, being the first Mario in 3DS sets game a standard in graphics like Nintendo always did, 3D effect was used nice, but for the most parts it was just to add more "colors", the "Real" 3D effect showing why it is needed is only used in some locations scattered throughout the levels, that is why I have taken out half. But Gameplay was 10/10, It was a combination of classical Mario Bros. 2D platformers and Super Mario Galaxy's 3D platforming. There is no turning camera in this game but Nintendo put camera on most comfortable places so You won't ever lose yourself. If you haven's played this game or only on its first half (Those who completed the game will know what I mean) the story mode itself is easy, the real chalenge comes after. Expand
  8. Jul 13, 2013
    This game goes under the heading of essential 3DS games to own and play. It's fantastic fun and there is a ton of things to unlock and hunting down 3 stars for every level will take a good while. The later levels are devilish, of course you have a bajillion lives but they are quite tricky. If you don't come away from the very last level cursing toads everywhere you are a super human my friend.
  9. Jul 21, 2013
    This game has a nice twist: A 3D platformer with 2D side-scrolling elements. It's a very enjoyable game, and I enjoy how they bring back the Tanooki suit after over 20 years of absence. Though it does get harder as it goes on (with a total of 16 worlds) I recommend it.
  10. Feb 13, 2015
    Best handheld game ever! This game is awesome. The graphics are great. The level designs are well done. The special worlds are fun. The controls are perfect. Super Mario 3D Land is an amazing game and it is a must buy for 3DS owners.
  11. Feb 19, 2015
    The first ever 3DS game I got back in 2011, this is one of the BEST Mario games out there. The special worlds are fun, but some levels are hard as hell. I just friggin loved the 3D Graphics and I totally recommend you buy this game.To me, I treated this game as a sequal to Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 because I beat those 2 games 100%. This game is a must have even if you are a casual gamer. TheThe first ever 3DS game I got back in 2011, this is one of the BEST Mario games out there. The special worlds are fun, but some levels are hard as hell. I just friggin loved the 3D Graphics and I totally recommend you buy this game.To me, I treated this game as a sequal to Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 because I beat those 2 games 100%. This game is a must have even if you are a casual gamer. The best handheld game that is Mario 3D. Expand
  12. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is everything I expected and more. I just beat the first 5 worlds and they were great. The graphics, first off, are downright stunning. I know it's only Mario, and the gameplay is way better than the graphics, but I must say, they are the best graphics on the system. The controls are also very good. I have almost no problem with the controls. Maybe once in awhile I fall off of aThis game is everything I expected and more. I just beat the first 5 worlds and they were great. The graphics, first off, are downright stunning. I know it's only Mario, and the gameplay is way better than the graphics, but I must say, they are the best graphics on the system. The controls are also very good. I have almost no problem with the controls. Maybe once in awhile I fall off of a ledge, but it's extremely insignificant. Nintendo is the best at making a game that fits a system perfectly. The 3D is also very good and pops but is a very important component of the experience. It helps with positioning tremendously. The levels are incredibly creative, the controls are nearly perfect and this game is the perfect hybrid of classic Mario and Mario 64. It's also like the perfect hybrid of super Mario 3 and super Mario galaxy. I'm in love with this game. Score: 9.5/10 but since we can only do integers, I gave it a 10. Expand
  13. Mar 7, 2012
    The Absolute best Mario I have played in years and the best platformer at that. The begining levels are easy enouph to let you get the hang of it, but is easily made up for by the challenge of the special levels, the graphics look very well and polished like Nintendo quality
    Great game everyone should own
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    This game starts out a little slowly, with the first 4 worlds being nothing short of simple. But after the slow start, it becomes a great classic mario experience. I have loved my experience with the game so far, and the Special World levels are some of the most challenging Mario levels since Lost World. The 3D is used very well, and anyone playing with the 3D off is missing out on someThis game starts out a little slowly, with the first 4 worlds being nothing short of simple. But after the slow start, it becomes a great classic mario experience. I have loved my experience with the game so far, and the Special World levels are some of the most challenging Mario levels since Lost World. The 3D is used very well, and anyone playing with the 3D off is missing out on some very nice visuals that tie into the levels excellently.

This is the first 'original' 3DS title that matters, and is a MUST BUY if you own a 3DS system.
  15. Nov 13, 2011
    The first 3DS game that actually benefits from the 3D... because there is actual depth perception involved, you'll be able to get a much better feel of how far a particular jump is.

The game also benefits from the lessons learned from the special levels in Super Mario Sunshine and virtually all the levels found in Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. Controls are precise, the gameplay is fun... about the only complaint I have is that controlling Mario feels a bit more sluggish than it does in Mario Galaxy, even though I've gotten used to it by this point in the game.

Surely as one of the first original and truly "great" games for the 3DS, this game alone will move a LOT of units.
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is extremely fun and enjoyable. Time flies when you play this. It just shows how incredible the Mario series is. These are beautiful graphics for the 3ds, and the 3d effects look stellar. This game may not be as innovative as the Super Mario Galaxy series, but it is just as fun. It should be noted that the game starts off easy and gets harder and harder. After world 8, theThis game is extremely fun and enjoyable. Time flies when you play this. It just shows how incredible the Mario series is. These are beautiful graphics for the 3ds, and the 3d effects look stellar. This game may not be as innovative as the Super Mario Galaxy series, but it is just as fun. It should be noted that the game starts off easy and gets harder and harder. After world 8, the true challenge begins with the remixed worlds. In short, this is easily the best game on the 3ds, along with the OoT remake. Get this NOW! Expand
  17. Nov 21, 2011
    Out of Ocarina of Time, Mariokart, and Dead or Alive this game is a must have for the 3DS system. Everybody from my family from my son, brother, gf, and nephew keep having to fight over the 3ds to play the game. The levels are throwback and the 3d is amazing on here. It starts out easy and gets hard. If u buy it won't disappoint u. Plus the big serect at end of game wink wink.
  18. Mar 24, 2012
    Super Mario 3D land is really, really good, with impressive graphics, longevity, fun game-play, catchy music and amazing 3D, it's possibly the best game on the 3DS.
  19. Dec 25, 2011
    This is one of the best games to purchase on the 3DS. Truly a must have. Delivering the best 3D experience on the system and a timeless formula of game play that breathes replay value.
  20. Apr 8, 2012
    This game is as good as Mario gets. He can hop, walk, run, roll, spin, flutter and bound through every one of the levels. The musical score is top notch, as par Mario games. 9
    The game-play is sturdy and refined, Mario fans and new players alike will love the control scheme. 10
    The graphics are beautiful. Nothing on a PSP can compare. 10 The innovation is good, but a few more classic
    The graphics are beautiful. Nothing on a PSP can compare. 10
    The innovation is good, but a few more classic power-ups are missed. 8
    9+10+10+8=9.3 -> 9.
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    Nintendo has done it again. Incredible, yet so simplistic and devilishly challenging, the level design, the controls, everything about this game is why handheld gaming must never be under appreciated, and this game is why the 3DS is 3D! Simple and seamless, not in your face, not a gimmick, but just one part of this masterfully designed game. BUY IT.
  22. Nov 14, 2011
    Great game. The 3D effect is more than eye candy here. It actually is useful to judge distances and gives a necessary depth to this platformer. There is a vast amount of content here between the main and bonus levels. A must have for all 3DS owners and those who are on the fence about owning the system.
  23. Nov 13, 2011
    Another outstanding mario game! If you like Mario 64, Galaxy 1, or Galaxy 2...I think you'll enjoy this game too. The gameplay is fun and crazy (I about pooped my pants when I first saw Bowser with a tanooki tail!). The 3D actually looks very good in this game, for once I found myself playing with it on more than off.
  24. Feb 27, 2012
    I can't stop playing this game. A perfect platform game for the first real Mario game for the 3DS. Nintendo knows how to make incredible use of the 3D and have created a genuine must have for the new system. This game is why you need a 3DS.
  25. Nov 13, 2011
    ----------------------This game is great!! Gamplay is awsome, graphics are nice for the 3DS, and levels are short but great!!!!!!!--------------------
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is possibly one of the greatest Mario games ever. Great presentation with amazing graphics and catchy tunes, epic power-ups and unique levels, and even a Legend of Zelda style stage complete with a torch puzzle and the 'Puzzle Solved' sound effect. While the overall game may be amazing, its a bit on the easy side until the end of World 6. And it may be a bit short, but after you beat the main game, (Spoiler Alert!) you unlock 8 more worlds, as well as the option to play as Luigi. Super Mario 3D Land is almost the perfect handheld game, and should be picked up by everyone with a 3DS. And if you DON'T have a 3DS, go get one NOW. Mario's back, and you deserve to play this game. Expand
  27. Nov 22, 2011
    There is just something about creative level design and silky smooth controls that always makes me smile. This is the best original game on the 3DS so far and a near-perfect portable gaming experience. It doesn't quite reach the brilliance of the Super Mario Galaxy games, but when your biggest complaint about a game is that it isn't quite as good as two of the greatest games everThere is just something about creative level design and silky smooth controls that always makes me smile. This is the best original game on the 3DS so far and a near-perfect portable gaming experience. It doesn't quite reach the brilliance of the Super Mario Galaxy games, but when your biggest complaint about a game is that it isn't quite as good as two of the greatest games ever made...then that really isn't much of a complaint, now is it? Expand
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    A perfect blend of awesome and nostaglia. Every thing you love about Mario throughout the years is all in one package. You owe it to yourself to buy this incredible experince.
  29. Nov 17, 2011
    14 negative reviews? It's one thing to have your head up your ass, but this is ridiculous. This game sure isn't up to par with the Galaxy series, but does that really matter? Of course not! What IS up to par with those games? For what it is, this game is perfectly desinged for a handheld, the level desing, the controls, the soundtrack all make a great experience. Sure, it takes a while for14 negative reviews? It's one thing to have your head up your ass, but this is ridiculous. This game sure isn't up to par with the Galaxy series, but does that really matter? Of course not! What IS up to par with those games? For what it is, this game is perfectly desinged for a handheld, the level desing, the controls, the soundtrack all make a great experience. Sure, it takes a while for the game to pick up, but once it does, the game truly shines.

If you played New Super Mario Bros. DS than you have NO reason to skip this game. Super Mario 3D Land blows all the previous platforming Mario-handhelds away.
  30. Nov 17, 2011
    Great classic mario and remixed game play and music.got it this morning and can't stop playing it. Great graphics and use of 3d.easily the best game on the system get it now you won't be disappointed

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Mario is back! In a classic Mario-fashion you jump your way througheight worlds, where you battle goombas, koopas and the main meaniehimself, Bowser. This game is never particularly difficult, butgradually advanced to a challenge that feels just perfect. Fun, varied and guaranteed to make you smile.
    Lifesaver for all Nintendo 3DS owners. Super Mario 3D Land delivers flawless design and perfect use of 3D effects during the whole game. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 11, 2012
    The Nintendo 3DS has had a slow start, but I feel this marks one of the first important games to come out on this system. I can't say it's a must buy, but is really close for those who have already picked up a 3DS. The amount of content in this game along with the varying degree of gameplay makes this one of the best Mario games I've played in a while.