5.7

1. Feb 16, 2012
    I was looking forward to Tekken on 3DS. Unfortunately, it's a huge disappointment . The game is lacking any single player options. There are just survival and versus modes. No real arcade mode, no story mode, no tag mode, no funny modes like volleyball. All characters are unlocked from the beginning, so there is no motivation to play the game. No character customization, no intro/outro videos for characters, nothing. The only thing you are receiving in survival mode are the cards for the StreetPass mode. Cards are mostly screen shots from the movie, and there is no reason to collect these - just pictures, no game included with them like was in SSFIV3D with figures.
    Multiplayer options are also limited, friend and ranked match. But even friend match cannot be customized much (ie. no handicap), and the menu is not really user friendly as you do not see if the other player is changing the character or confirmed rematch between matches. And what's even worse - the online mode is lagging all the time even when there are just few players playing at this time. And I should also mention that 3D is not working in multiplayer.
    It's so sad, because the gameplay itself is great. It's Tekken on handheld. Graphics are great, sounds are great, 3D effect (in single player) is nice. But there is nothing to play.

There is also a "3D" movie - Tekken: Blood Vengeance - included in a package. But the 3D effect is not visible there, only thing in 3D are the subtitles. Also, when you pause the movie and exit it the game does not remember the position after you return to it and is starting from the beginning. Which is annoying on a handheld device.

Overall, Tekken 3D Prime Edition is not worth the full price. It's not a game. It's just a tech-demo.
  2. Mar 20, 2013
    Tekken 3D is little more than a showcase of how to get a game to run a 60 FPS in 3D. From the start I was hesitant about this due to the rumored sized of 3DS cartridges being quite small I initially though a game being included was a bit much. I was in fact right and the only way to describe this game is all style no substance. I had Tekken 6 on the PS3 and PSP and can say if the PSP can fit so much into a game and run well why then can't more adavanced hardware?! It feels somewhat lazy the fact that Bandai Namco have only bothered to put one mode worth bothering with and even that is lackluster (Its a survival mode). As soon as you boot the game up and enter into the game section of it (not the movie) you begin to see the cracks form as this game becomes nothing more than an act of self-pleasure as Bandai Namco look at the graphics and say 'oooh pretty graphics!'. But its not all bad. The 3D effect is good and the combat hardly slows down, giving the fast, fluid combat Tekken players are used to. But in the end this just feels like another port of Tekken 6 and stripped of features that even the PSP version included its extremely lazy. Gameplay: 4 -Good for a couple of hours at most but you'll get bored extremely fast unless you have friends online to play with or locally. The lack of game modes is truly unforgivable and the customisation the series has gained momentum with is nowhere to be seen.
    Graphics: 7.5 The graphics them self are great for a 3DS game but are certainly nothing magnificent considering the cutting of multiple modes to make it look nice. Presentation: 3 Menus are extremely boring and dull to traverse through and there just really is nothing special or eye catching about the way its presented as a whole that hasn't been done before. Lasting Appeal and Longevity: 1 Unless you are the most diehard Tekken fan ever who must train everywhere they go avoid this game. Or better yet if you have a PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 or hell even a PS2 to boot up a Tekken on do not get this edition as it brings nothing new to the table and lacks content which should be there, they tried to bake a cake but failed to add the eggs. P.S. The film is decent at most I would say give this a rental if you don't have a PS3 (If you do get Tekken Hybrid which is bundled with the much better Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 prologue.)
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    I played lots of Tekken-Games. This is the most bad Tekken, I've ever played. In the Singleplayer-mode there is hardly something to do. No Character to unlock neither Stages. The only thing you can unlock are some kind of "Trading Cards", which won't help you at all.
    The Fighting-system is excellent. And the Multiplayer-Mode also is pretty nice. But a Beat em up like Tekken should be a
    "Long-Time-Game". I played it 5 hours and I've seen pretty much everything. Expand
  4. Mar 20, 2013

1. Apr 16, 2012
    It's a Tekken game, but stripped bare. That's all anyone ever really needs to know.
  2. Mar 24, 2012
    There's next to nothing for solo brawlers to do. [Issue#120, p.108]
    The competition exceeds this utterly unnecessary game in all aspects. Meatless games are not a main course anymore. [March 2012]