8.9

1. Nov 22, 2013
    What initially looked like a game leaning on the aging crutches of A Link to the Past has turned out to be a thoroughly poignant, vivid and immensely satisfying game worthy of standing on its own two feet. Set in the world of A Link to the Past, Link Between Worlds makes the serendipitous combination of a reinvigorating spark with a meaty hit of nostalgia. Presenting freedom of choiceWhat initially looked like a game leaning on the aging crutches of A Link to the Past has turned out to be a thoroughly poignant, vivid and immensely satisfying game worthy of standing on its own two feet. Set in the world of A Link to the Past, Link Between Worlds makes the serendipitous combination of a reinvigorating spark with a meaty hit of nostalgia. Presenting freedom of choice gameplay not seen since the original, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds makes no effort to hold the players hand through the richly dense world of Hyrule and it works brilliantly. Rather than following in the footsteps of Game Freak and introducing the franchise to a new generation of audiences at the risk of patronising its long term fans, (I’m looking at you Pokémon X and Y) Link Between Worlds pays homage to those of us who have followed Link since his debut over 25 years ago all whilst paving the way for a reinvention of what it means to make a Zelda game. The puzzles in Link Between Worlds are, as aforementioned, immensely satisfying. I could almost hear the pieces of a riddle snap together in my head as I strived to calculate the answer. It’s a feeling experienced whilst playing the Professor Layton series, but puzzle-solving in this game is made relevant and interesting by the vivid world, close to perfect combat and awe-inspiring imagination. This is a beautiful game, presenting a colourful and vibrant world that just seems to radiate adventure and exploration. The characters are complex and interesting, but perhaps the biggest achievement in terms of its presentation is the silky-smooth 60fps frame rate which stays consistent throughout this 18 hour adventure even with the 3D effect turned on. Expand
  2. Nov 26, 2013
    This is the sequel to the greatest game of all time I had high expectations, but somehow this game exceeded them! I highly recommend this game for any fan of video games you will love it! 10/10
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    Great feel and really fun boss fights. I enjoy a little bit o' Zelda especially creative one like this. I usually hate portable Zelda games such as Spirit Tracks, but this one made me smile. Go get it on the eShop or go drive your butts to gamestop!
  4. Dec 7, 2013
    A brilliant game! Makes up for Skyward Sword, for those who didn't like SS. Brilliant game, i enjoyed all the dungeons! Hero mode for a challenge! I didn't like the renting system at first but it's fixed when you can permanently but the items up for rent. The escort area was really good! A brilliant game overall!
  5. Mar 17, 2014
    A Link Between Worlds is fast paced, straight to the point with its delivery. No boring tutorial, no excessive story telling, yet there are still memorable characters and moments. Controls are simple and easy, boss fights are fast paced and hero's mode presents a decent challenge. The game lacks in its story, however, such as how basically nothing happens between dungeons(in other recentA Link Between Worlds is fast paced, straight to the point with its delivery. No boring tutorial, no excessive story telling, yet there are still memorable characters and moments. Controls are simple and easy, boss fights are fast paced and hero's mode presents a decent challenge. The game lacks in its story, however, such as how basically nothing happens between dungeons(in other recent Zelda titles, there would be a bit of story development between every dungeon). Top down perspective also make the game less appealing visually, which is disappointing since its a game for a 3DS. Not the perfect game, but a must own never the less. Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2013
    I really like this iteration of Zelda. A few new innovations and less a compelling story, but it is made up for in the tight controls, gorgeous graphics, unique vibrant worlds and plenty of exploration. I personally like the wall merge capability and how it was integrated into battles and some fairly complex puzzles, which this game has plenty of. You have to think through a lot of yourI really like this iteration of Zelda. A few new innovations and less a compelling story, but it is made up for in the tight controls, gorgeous graphics, unique vibrant worlds and plenty of exploration. I personally like the wall merge capability and how it was integrated into battles and some fairly complex puzzles, which this game has plenty of. You have to think through a lot of your next moves carefully, but it is never to hard.
    I played all the way through in 2 days, about 20 hours worth. I didn't want it to end, but with the addition of a more "open" game-play philosophy for a Zelda game, replay is moderately high. 10
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    To start off, this game is phenomenal, it is truly one of the best games of this generation. I went into this game thinking: "This is going to be an OK game" but, after having finished it 100% already, I can say my old hypothesis doesn't do this game justice. This game is fresh and new, and to a lesser extend nostalgic also with its numerous references to its predecessor The Legend ofTo start off, this game is phenomenal, it is truly one of the best games of this generation. I went into this game thinking: "This is going to be an OK game" but, after having finished it 100% already, I can say my old hypothesis doesn't do this game justice. This game is fresh and new, and to a lesser extend nostalgic also with its numerous references to its predecessor The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. On that note, while this game may feature an overworld similar to that of its predecessor, it's not without good reason, this game takes place around a mere 150-200 years (several generations to be more precise) after its predecessor in the same region. Everything else about the game is new and fresh, the gameplay, the location of secrets, the visuals, the temple/dungeon layout, even some of the items and puzzles; to simply call this game a 'remake' or a 'rehash' is delusional.

The art style and presentation of this game is a beautiful reimagining of the art style from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past but with a much better resolution, and in 3D rather than using 16-bit sprites. The way this game handles the stereoscopic 3D aspect of the 3DS is breathtaking, and by-far the best use of 3D in any game on the system. The lighting of this game is far more dynamic than all the other handheld or 2D games, and it only adds to the overall stunning visuals the game already has. Not only does this game have marvelous 3D visuals, but the gameplay is tied into the 3D visuals, allowing for an even more amazing experience.

The gameplay is somewhat familiar to veterans of the series, but it is by no means a 'rehash' on old methods, nor 'gimmicky' (cute little buzzword for people that have difficulty with innovative gameplay) by any means. The ability to merge with walls allows for more dynamic combat scenarios with standard enemies and bosses alike. It allows for new puzzles and challenges to be utilized in the game, making for a completely new experience that will feel new to even veterans. Another fantastic gameplay feature is item renting, while some may criticize it because it's 'new', I embrace it for adding a completely different way to go about completing the game. This game's item renting feature adds an even more non-linear aspect to a game that is already open-world, giving players the ability to complete the vast majority of the game's dungeons in any order. The item-renting feature means players will no longer find items in the dungeon itself, but instead, each dungeon features an offensive, defensive, or supplemental upgrade for the player to use somewhat similar to the leveling up feature in Zelda II when a player completes a palace. What could go better with the amazingly fresh gameplay than a grandiose soundtrack?

My personal favorite aspect of this game is its fantastic soundtrack which features unbelievable musical scores that fit the mood and atmosphere of each area perfectly. Another great aspect of the soundtrack is how it has incredible remastered, orchestrated versions of some of the most popular Zelda themes from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. These themes, both new, and remastered old, provide an auditory experience unlike any other game, save The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, that combines new imaginative tracks with remastered nostalgic ones.

The story is phenomenal, different than all the other Zelda games, yet surprisingly captivating for what it's worth; but, being as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it, I will refrain from discussing the fascinating details. Despite this though, the ending of the game is one of the best out of all the Zelda games, and does leave a few cliffhangers presenting numerous options for future sequels in the 'downfall' timeline (See Hyrule Historia for full, official timeline details). The amazing 3D visuals, beguiling story/plot, enthralling gameplay, and grand soundtrack, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is an absolute MUST for any Zelda fan, for any 3DS owner, and for any prospective gamer interested in Action-Adventure/RPG games. This game is easily one of the best games this year, and one of the top 5 Zelda games of all time, I hope everyone enjoys this game as much as I do, it was worth every cent.
  8. Nov 24, 2013
    I love every aspect of this game. I especially enjoy how there is a great use of the 3D effect from a top down point of view. The portrait mechanics is very clever and adds a unique flare to the puzzles. The story is rich with adventure and decent level of difficulty. There is also a rent an item feature that creates a great balance of exploration freedom. The Legend of Zelda: A LinkI love every aspect of this game. I especially enjoy how there is a great use of the 3D effect from a top down point of view. The portrait mechanics is very clever and adds a unique flare to the puzzles. The story is rich with adventure and decent level of difficulty. There is also a rent an item feature that creates a great balance of exploration freedom. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is one of the few games that deserves a 10/10 Expand
  9. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really enjoyed this game. I have been a huge fan of zelda since the age of 9 and have loved every single game of zelda that I have played to date.
    The only thing keeping this from a 10, is the lower difficulty and how easy you acquire the items.
    Dungeons were quite simple and there wasn't a skill jump as you can pretty much enter them in any order you like and challenges can seem quite set up and linear.
    Majority of items acquired are simply bought instead of earned which takes away the satisfaction of progressing through the game.
    These cons however do not make the game unplayable.
    - The story is great
    - gameplay is solid
    - Age friendly. Still has a few challenging moments and puzzles for all ages.
    - music...wow
    - still a long game especially for a portable game
    - nostalgic like you won't believe (plenty of A link to the past and Ocarina of Time story references)
    - still magical like all of the other titles have been

Overall Nintendo have done a fantastic job with this one.
    Zelda fans will be able to adapt to the flaws and will definately enjoy the pro's this game has to offer.
    It is a must own for the 3DS hands down.
  10. Nov 27, 2013
    This game is just wonderful. Beautiful and detailed world to explore, challenging enought puzzles and familiar yet breathtaking story. I wish all the games would be as thought-through and deep on all levels possible.
  11. Nov 29, 2013
    I have to admit, A Link Between Worlds blew me completely away. Stunned, was the word. Stunned by how good it was. I've been a long-time Zelda fan, and A Link to the Past has been the mainstay of that franchise, in my mind. This game both pays homage to, and in some ways, surpasses, that title. It is incredibly polished, smooth gameplay, fluid animations, gripping story, challengingI have to admit, A Link Between Worlds blew me completely away. Stunned, was the word. Stunned by how good it was. I've been a long-time Zelda fan, and A Link to the Past has been the mainstay of that franchise, in my mind. This game both pays homage to, and in some ways, surpasses, that title. It is incredibly polished, smooth gameplay, fluid animations, gripping story, challenging dungeons, and so on. A must-have for any Zelda fan, and any 3DS owner. It blows Ocarina of Time 3D away. Expand
  12. Ogr
    Dec 2, 2013
    I am back in Hyrule! The real Hyrule, that I discovered first at the age of 8. It feels so great to be back in the same world that started my love for those kind of games. I like the open world feeling, new skills of Link and the 3D graphics, but on top of all of this is the retro feeling. I'm sure that A Link Between Worlds is a good Zelda for every gamer out there, but a 100% must haveI am back in Hyrule! The real Hyrule, that I discovered first at the age of 8. It feels so great to be back in the same world that started my love for those kind of games. I like the open world feeling, new skills of Link and the 3D graphics, but on top of all of this is the retro feeling. I'm sure that A Link Between Worlds is a good Zelda for every gamer out there, but a 100% must have for everyone who liked A Link To The Past.

Thank You Nintendo, you are back on track again.
  13. Dec 27, 2013
    nam noodle......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  14. Apr 26, 2014
    One of my favorite Zelda games. It's the perfect length for what it does and the presentation is top notch especially for a portable system. (Portables sure have come a long way, huh?) This is a really fun puzzle-dungeon game to pick and play whenever you want. It's so easy to jump into and play. And if you find it easy, you can change the difficulty upon beating it the first time, and theOne of my favorite Zelda games. It's the perfect length for what it does and the presentation is top notch especially for a portable system. (Portables sure have come a long way, huh?) This is a really fun puzzle-dungeon game to pick and play whenever you want. It's so easy to jump into and play. And if you find it easy, you can change the difficulty upon beating it the first time, and the game is highly replayable because you can do the dungeons in any order you want! You can get all the way up to the boss fight in one dungeon then up and decide to do a different one.

My problems: Why oh why can't you skip or fast forward through the cutscenes? Why can't you just save anywhere? You can buy things that let you leave the dungeons immediately and you can warp to save points from anywhere on the overworld, but it'd just be better to save anywhere! I don't get why PORTABLE games should have arbitrary save points. This game also uses pretty much the same overworld map as A Link to The Past...but I've never played that game, and I don't find that being familiar with it is necessary at all.
  15. Apr 10, 2015
    I bought this game after watching some reviews , at first i really think isn't the graphic resemble gba games or like come on now is 20xx yrs whats wrong with the company but after the playing the game it is more entertaining than a lots of games (i am not a zelda fans , i knew zelda and link when SSBB) i played for 15hrs (finished the first difficulty and unlocked every items) ya and iI bought this game after watching some reviews , at first i really think isn't the graphic resemble gba games or like come on now is 20xx yrs whats wrong with the company but after the playing the game it is more entertaining than a lots of games (i am not a zelda fans , i knew zelda and link when SSBB) i played for 15hrs (finished the first difficulty and unlocked every items) ya and i didn't touch it until now , i only wish this game can be cheaper ._. The game is fun to play but too short to me /. Expand
  16. Dec 8, 2013
    Never a dull moment as tedious things such as obtaining arrows and bombs from grass is removed
    + Cut-scenes are kept relevant and at a minimum with the ability to skip them
    + Great climactic finale and ending + More freedom and less linear than previous Zelda games + Enough content to complete without taking too long + Challenging Hero Mode The entire game is a masterpiece from
    + Cut-scenes are kept relevant and at a minimum with the ability to skip them
    + Great climactic finale and ending
    + More freedom and less linear than previous Zelda games
    + Enough content to complete without taking too long
    + Challenging Hero Mode
    The entire game is a masterpiece from start to finish, and it is what most games should be like, rather than the interactive movies they are today. I'm hoping that the non-linearity, the use of the energy gauge and everything else used to eliminate any boring parts will become a staple in the series from now on.
  17. Aug 23, 2014
    If you liked 2D TLoZ games, you're gonna totally love this game too. But I felt like game is a little bit easier than other TLoZ games (played A Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Ages & Seasons). Buying and renting items are cool but that's the easy part in my opinion. Other than that, if you own a 3DS and still thinking about "Hmm, should I really buy A LinkIf you liked 2D TLoZ games, you're gonna totally love this game too. But I felt like game is a little bit easier than other TLoZ games (played A Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Ages & Seasons). Buying and renting items are cool but that's the easy part in my opinion. Other than that, if you own a 3DS and still thinking about "Hmm, should I really buy A Link Between Worlds?", you're wasting your precious time. Go and buy it! Expand
  18. Apr 24, 2015
    This is the game that finally persuaded me to get a 3DS (or New 3DS actually - yeah I still waited a while!)

There has not been a Zelda game I have not enjoyed, well except maybe the two NES games. The lore, the characters, the charming sounds and animations through the series have always brought me back, buying new Nintendo consoles only for the opportunity to see where they take the series within the limitations and/or expanded abilities of each hardware.

A Link Between Worlds doesn't particularly do anything special with the 3DS hardware, this could just have easily been a DS game or indeed any other Nintendo home or handheld console. The 3D effect works very well mind, particularly in one temple that sees you raising and lowering the water level.

As a sequel to A Link To The Past on SNES, this uses a not-quite exact copy of the SNES game, with some clever changes mostly revolving around the new mechanic in which Link becomes a painting of himself, allowing him to move along walls to access new areas.

The enemy characters, bosses and general temple locations return, as does the game design of locating three pendants, then the Master Sword, then seeking out 7 prisoners in an alternate version of the world.

I deducted one point for two flaws I see in the game - the first being the almost immediate access to all in-game items. Instead of hunting for a new weapon in each dungeon which then allows you to progress to and defeat the boss, you will find rupies EVERYWHERE, which enable you to "rent" the weapons until such time as you die, when you will need to pay to rent them again - until such time as the game opens up to let you purchase the items, which them remain permanently in your inventory.

The second flaw is that the game is so easy. The levels are all available from the off, and coupled with the early access to all weapons and ability to quickly transport yourself between ample save points this means that there is no difficulty curve as such, and so each dungeon is pretty much as simple as the first.

If it weren't for these two points, I think this might have been the best handheld game in the series and that says plenty in a series which has a very strong history in the handheld market.
  19. Dec 30, 2013
    I must say first of all that the art in this game is absolutely fantastic. The simple and smooth 3d sprites are beautiful. I'm praying they make at least a couple more Zelda games with this same engine. Gameplay is also great. Exactly what you'd expect from the great zelda franchise. A lot of people complain about how the items are rented from a single central location instead of earned inI must say first of all that the art in this game is absolutely fantastic. The simple and smooth 3d sprites are beautiful. I'm praying they make at least a couple more Zelda games with this same engine. Gameplay is also great. Exactly what you'd expect from the great zelda franchise. A lot of people complain about how the items are rented from a single central location instead of earned in the dungeons, but I've quite enjoyed how it's made the dungeon system a bit more dynamic. Long story short: buy this game. Expand
  20. Nov 26, 2013
    This is by far the best Zelda game since A Link to the Past. It's a shame it took Nintendo 22 years to realize that the top-down 2D style of Zelda is the BEST style of Zelda. I really hope they learned their lesson so I don't have to wait another 2 decades for another one! Keep the 2D top-down Zelda games coming!

At first I was turned off by the art style, but after playing it, I not

At first I was turned off by the art style, but after playing it, I not only got used to it (almost immediately), but I actually really like it now! Also, the wall painting mechanic I thought would be gimmicky and dumb, but it's actually pretty cool and I really like it now too!

The new item system allows a new sort of freedom (tackling dungeons in any order you want is pretty neat).. If you found the game too easy, a hard mode unlocks after you beat the game, which is a nice challenge.

The music and frequent references to A Link to the Past are nostalgia heaven!

The original Zelda, ALTTP, and Link's Awakening were the best Zelda games and A Link Between Worlds is right up there with them!

Go buy it if you haven't already! You will love it! It's the game of the decade and certainly game of the year for me! Thank you, Nintendo!
  21. Dec 20, 2013
    The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is an amazing game given that its on the 3DS. It brings on all the greatness of the Link To The Past without being an anachronism. It also brings back what is missing today and that is the single player experience which means having a great story.
  22. Dec 25, 2013
    Um clássico renascido com outra história e jogabilidade. Para os nostálgicos, maravilhoso ver aquele desenho antigo de Link (topete e roupa marrom) andando por uma Hyrule desconhecida pela maioria dos fãs de Zelda. A Nintendo acertou em cheio ao utilizar àquela Engine de seus tempos áureos e nos proporcionou uma obra prima, assim como todo Zelda deveria ser. A música casa tão bem com oUm clássico renascido com outra história e jogabilidade. Para os nostálgicos, maravilhoso ver aquele desenho antigo de Link (topete e roupa marrom) andando por uma Hyrule desconhecida pela maioria dos fãs de Zelda. A Nintendo acertou em cheio ao utilizar àquela Engine de seus tempos áureos e nos proporcionou uma obra prima, assim como todo Zelda deveria ser. A música casa tão bem com o game que com certeza compraria uma trilha sonora. Os gráficos aparentam ser simples, mas quando se vê o cenário e seu capricho artistico, logo percebemos que o 3DS bem mais poderoso do que se aparenta. A jogabilidade flui com tamanha leveza que muito dificil você se confundir nos comandos ou travar nos botões. A interação com os itens está muito mais dinâmica do que em OOT e sua história segue uma linha tradicional subsequente direta do maravilhoso A Link to the Past. A interação com os dois mundos sensacional. Infelizmente, como todo Zelda, o que deixa a desejar a dificuldade a qual se mostrou extremamente facil, ainda mais agora que você pode alugar qualquer item do jogo desde que tenha rupees para isso. Aquele esquema de pegar itens seguidos e ordenados nos calabouços foi esquecido. A mecânica agora alugar com o estranhissimo e não menos folgado Rovio o qual aluga itens ou armas Link. Você os perde, porém, quando morre em batalha e cá entre nós, um tanto quanto facil morrer em batalha visto que a câmera torna-se um pouco desfortável no começo, mas nada que atrapalhe a jogatina. Zelda: A Link between Worlds veio para brilhar em meio a um mar de mesmice e plágios enrustidos dos games que se dizem da 8ª geração. Ryse e afins jamais conseguiriam ter a beleza técnica e artística que os caras da Nintendo proporcionam a todos os seus fãs. A riqueza de detalhes no mundo de Hyrule assim como a gama de personagens caracteristicos, cada um com uma personalidade, desviando ou ajudando o caminho árduo de Link. E olha só que coisa: o game dura lá pelas suas 20 horas. Longo, considerando que um game para um portátil.

Mais uma vez, a Nintendo nos mostra como fazer um game com pouco. Foi assim por gerações e continua agora. O que precisa ser feito, agora, um game desse nível para o Nintendo Wii U para enterre de uma vez por todas essas criticas pífias e injustas que os fã boys fazem a respeito da empresa. Jamais deixe de jogar esse game; ele mais essencial que mario kart 7. Um clássico que entrará para historia. Nos anos do futuro, com toda a certeza lembraremos desse jogo como uma maravilha do nosso tempo e lá, e somente lá, daremos o devido valor para essa obra prima do entretenimento. Jogue!
  23. Dec 16, 2013
    With a nostalgic feeling, the astonishing graphics for a handheld and the puzzles that we fans of The Legend of Zelda always wished for, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is a definitive and must have title not only for Zelda fans, but for all 3DS owner.
  24. Dec 5, 2013
    A great follow up to 'A Link To The Past'. The soundtrack is one of the best I've ever heard with mixes from previous Zeldas and completely original new pieces. The graphics are also great and stay true to A Link To The Past's style, but also updates it and makes it fresh. The dungeons are also brilliant with some of the best puzzles in any game.
  25. Dec 4, 2013
    Most enjoyable Zelda game I have played since Wind Waker (although I admit I have only played an hour or two of Skyward Sword). For me Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time will most likely always be my favorite Zelda games, but this one takes 3rd. The dungeons were not overly tricky, but had very good puzzles and they did not take an exorbitant amount of time to complete. I am not huge onMost enjoyable Zelda game I have played since Wind Waker (although I admit I have only played an hour or two of Skyward Sword). For me Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time will most likely always be my favorite Zelda games, but this one takes 3rd. The dungeons were not overly tricky, but had very good puzzles and they did not take an exorbitant amount of time to complete. I am not huge on replaying games I've beaten, but this one would definitely be one I could see myself playing again. Expand
  26. Feb 17, 2014
    LBW is an example of a gamers dream. Nintendo has the strongest franchises for nostalgia. LBW hits those notes perfectly in every way. All gamers wish their childhood game would be brought back to life in stunning graphics and game play. LBW does EXACTLY that. Zelda are blessed to be one of the few to experience this emotion.

This is what I notice in JUST the first 5 minutes of

This is what I notice in JUST the first 5 minutes of playing.

+ Great sound track
    + 60 Frames per second - looks smooth
    + Great animations
    + Polish smooth game play
    + and 3D that doesn't hurt to look at it.

Here's what I experience as playing.

Nintendo takes an old classic and shows that this game has aged very well. It has the same lay out from the SNES version so fans will easily recognize where to go. The quickly throws you straight into the action. This time updating old ideas. Instead of slowly progressing and unlocking items, you are able to rent / buy items to use in the game. Of coarse their are plenty of new ones for old fans to fall in love with.
    ----

The plat forming, level design, and dungeons are ALL well thought out. The game difficulty is easy enough to pick up and play but the concepts of navigating through puzzles show why this is ONE of the best franchise to date.

Once you start to realize how creative the levels are, you quickly understand why this game is praised so highly. Even the dungeons early on require you to use 3-4 of the different items , and mechanics to really explore every corner of the game. From hovering around with the use of the tornado stick, to bouncing on plat forms from your giant hammer, to sneaky in out of cracks with the new ability to glue yourself to the wall, this game has it all and it's a must for 3DS owners.
  27. Jun 22, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is the reason why I play video games. Visually great, intuitive gameplay and outstanding level design. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is the fact that it is kind of short and easy. The best 3DS game yet without any doubt.
  28. Dec 1, 2013
    I'm a major Zelda fan, and I can tell this is the best portable Zelda game I've ever played. challenging puzzles and dungeos, beautiful graphics and 3D works just great, remarkable soundtrack (I missed that a lot in the last zelda games) and the gameplay in general is amazingly fun!. For the classic zelda a link to the past fans, this is a must-have.
  29. Dec 6, 2013
    I love Zelda, always have. I started with Link's Awakening, and have played each Zelda up till now. Sadly half-way through the game I found I was breezing through all the dungeons, and finding almost every collectable. By the end of the weekend I had found all 100 squid babies, and was only missing one heart container. Now don't get me wrong. I love this game. And the rental system isI love Zelda, always have. I started with Link's Awakening, and have played each Zelda up till now. Sadly half-way through the game I found I was breezing through all the dungeons, and finding almost every collectable. By the end of the weekend I had found all 100 squid babies, and was only missing one heart container. Now don't get me wrong. I love this game. And the rental system is cool, but it eliminates any potential difficulty curve. Zelda puzzles feel at their best when they require the use of multiple items instead of one at a time. As for the story, it felt a little lacking untill the end when it picked up faster than sonic the hedgehog on a moving walkway. With twists that would put M Night Shamaylan to shame. Now for every complaint I have there are 10 amazing things that completely outshine them. I love the amount of detail put into this game, and I eagerly await the next WII U title, and hopes it pushes the conventions of an openworld game, the same way Ocarina of Time did on the N64. If any company can continue to push the boundries of what a system can do for a game it's Nintendo. Expand
  30. May 17, 2014
    A Link Between Worlds is everything that a sequel to A Link to The Past should be. It's charming and will make those who played the original feel nostalgic but it's more than just a redo. The new mechanic that allows you to turn into a painting is innovative and really serves to open up the gameplay. The gameworld is beautifully designed both Hyrule and Lorule. The story is one of the bestA Link Between Worlds is everything that a sequel to A Link to The Past should be. It's charming and will make those who played the original feel nostalgic but it's more than just a redo. The new mechanic that allows you to turn into a painting is innovative and really serves to open up the gameplay. The gameworld is beautifully designed both Hyrule and Lorule. The story is one of the best of any Zelda titles and the characters are memorable and well written. This game should not be missed by any Zelda fan. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    A very good action RPG in a sandbox-like Hyrule. The game features a redefined equipment progression along with the nice flattening trick. It's a bit on the easy side, though. [Dec 2013]
  2. Feb 6, 2014
    A Link Between Worlds is a Zelda for people who have become disillusioned with Zelda over the years. It recalls the series' roots while also taking unique advantage of the 3DS hardware to create something that feels new. They may not make them exactly like they used to anymore, but Link Between Worlds shows that they still recognize what made them great in the first place.
  3. Jan 2, 2014
    Much is the same in A Link Between Worlds. Just like in A Link to the Past you follow Link from a birds-eye perspective in both light and dark worlds. But A Link Between Worlds is not merely a simple game of nostalgia but one that perfectly blends the new and old Zelda games. The result is one of the best games in the series.