• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 18, 2001
8.6

1. Oct 18, 2014
    I'll get around to writing a more detailed review at some point. Basically, it's good, and that's what counts. The graphics are especially impressive for the time!
  2. Sep 13, 2014
    Sonic Adventure 2 is clearly a step forward from the original and the game play has seen a decent improvement overall, however the game falls short of being enjoyable due to poor level design featuring the ever so annoying railing system and painful character controls. The Sonic and Shadow stages are enjoyable and even they see decline in quality as the game continues, not to mention that these stages are few and are accompanied by the dreary and repetitive Mech stages and Emerald hunting stages.

The story is incredibly basic which is to be expected, and the character of shadow feels like one big desperate attempt to make a 'cool' character rather than an interesting one. This game is often carried highly by nostalgia and I once rated it as my favourite game, however in age I have realized that Sonic Adventure 2 is more painful than fun. Play city escape like three times and you reach the pinnacle of what this game can do to amuse you.
  3. Sep 4, 2014
    Fast and superior gameplay with Sonic/Shadow, stunning graphics as for DC, PS2 quality-like, godly-awesome hyping, energizing music (some tracks are really memorable, like Green Forest, Sky Rail, White Jungle, Final Rush or Menu theme), great level design, good are too side-missions to both stages, character upgrades, later bosses and suprisingly story is great too! Once again great Sonic/Shadow gameplay! About bad things - sometimes collision bugs, Tails/Eggman(Robotnik)/Knuckles/Rough stages, which are something like "side" stages, freakin Chao Garden and unlockables, which are near-impossible to made (all stages A-rank? No, thanks, it will takes houndred of hours and houndred of nerves). One of the best action/platform games ever made, deserves 9/10 note fully! Expand
  4. Aug 23, 2014
    I will be 100% honest now. SA2 was all SEGA needed. The pieces that make the game? Shadow, ARK and the story. This is my favourite game of all series, and I could say the "found you, faker!" dialogue from my mind. This is the game you want to go for if you're sick of werehog and 06.
  5. Jul 15, 2014
    It was the helpless trial from SEGA with the Dreamcast to rescue it from the PS2. But in gameplay, graphics and physics the game was so good, that it can compete with todays PS3 and even PS4 titles. Yes, the story wasn't good, but it's a running game and such games don't need stories. It's very good that SEGA has ported it, because younger players can also play this masterpiece.

We have
    lived in a dream and i hope SEGA will give us a new dream.

Sorry for translation errors.
  6. May 2, 2014
    A perfect game! this is the ultimate sonic game! Don't believe me? Play it for yourself! this is one of my favorite games ever! My love for this game is partly because it's the first game I ever played, but even if it isn't, it's almost guaranteed to put a smile on your face!
  7. Mar 14, 2014
    My son tony fondled a chicken in this game. this game does involve animal rape to all concerned parents who are watching there child play this game. In this game these "killer monkeys" attempted to kill my son and i have no idea why, he has done nothing wrong. Also this ghost as my son likes to call it brutally molested him in the game. My son actually got molested in the game! These game developers are very messed up and may need therapy. I know my son needs therapy now because of the molestation hes gone through. Also my son has to run through fire? ARE YOU SERIOUS I WOULD GIVE THIS GAME A 1-10 1 Expand
  8. Dec 17, 2013
    Very interesting game with a good storyline and gameplay! One of the best Sonic games at all! These games should be created so far! I put 10 out of 10!
  9. Sep 13, 2013
    This is easily the best sonic game I ever played.
    With good level design, great music and a good story.
    And fun extra's like chao garden and kart race.

I recomend it to everyone who owns a dreamcast or gamecube.
  10. Jul 23, 2013
    I don't understand why 'fans' rant and rave over this game. The game is glitchy as hell, camera angles are horrible, and the story is far worse than even that of the first game. The English dubbing is so awful, I can't believe they'd even bother putting it in the game. As a huge fan of the first Sonic Adventure game, this one absolutely fails to hit the mark in every way.
  11. Apr 10, 2013
    While a few levels tend to overstay their welcome, Sonic Adventure 2 is still a very memorable experience. It was a lot of fun with fast-paced, shooting gallery, and treasure hunting levels. Add that to a good story and a great soundtrack, and Sonic Adventure 2 is very enjoyable.
  12. Mar 22, 2013
    Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Expand
  13. Mar 5, 2013
    good game with a great story and gameplay. it also has great music and graphics for the time but poor voice acting. the multiplayer is pretty fun too.
  14. Jan 6, 2013
    The more I look into this game, the worse it seems to get, I only like Sonic and Shadows levels, even then, the levels are incredibly linear, and bland. I hate the rest of the game, due to stupid design, and bland gameplay. The Camera is bad, Its so finicky to control, and its a chore to get the hang of. The Controls are meh, they aren't responsive most of the time. The story is very confusing, and its a Sonic game, I wanted a cheesy, light heart story instead of a deep, and emotional story. It's not the worse, but it hasn't aged well. I'd stick to the first Sonic Adventure. Expand
  15. Oct 7, 2012
    In 2001 Sega while being bored out of their minds made this awful trainwreck of a game. Sega was too lazy to fix the cutscenes so the characters lips don't match the dialogue. The controlls are really bad they're so stiff and clunky. There's three gameplay modes. Action, Shooting, and Treasure hunting nothing fun. This game is a waste of your time don't by it. Buy GTA, Spyro, Crash, Mario
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2 is possibly known best for it's outstanding music and fun Chao Garden. With both great things in hand it greats an amazing feeling that'll get people to come back for more. From fast gameplay to slow, Sonic Adventure 2 mixes up The feel of the game to make sure you're getting more for your buck. Sonic Adventure 2 is a gem that should always be remembered among Dreamcast games.
  17. Sep 26, 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2 was the 10th anniversary Sonic game and was originally supposed to be the last Sonic game in the Sonic franchise after the Dreamcast was doing really bad. Sonic Team realized they needed to make the best game possible and while Sonic Adventure 2 is not my "favorite" Sonic game, it is very close to it. The story is the best story I have seen in a Sonic game. Eggman continues his path of destruction but this time he continues what his grandfather left off. That is an ultimate machine that can destroy the world and there is a lifeform named Shadow who used to serve Eggman's grandfather. I like the introduction to a new character in the game and I like how Sonic finally has a counterpart in the series. Another thing I like is how the open world was taken away because I found it extremely frustrating in SA1. Also, there are 2 stories which intertwine with eachother and 3 different gameplay styles. Sonic and Shadow rely on speed, Tails and Eggman rely on blasting enemies using a machine, and Knuckles and Rouge who hunt for chaos emeralds. I love the soundtrack, the level designs, and pretty much everything about this game! Expand
  18. Jun 29, 2012
    Honestly, I always liked the first Sonic Adventure a little better. This game ditches the adventure fields and focuses on a more classic setup. The visuals have improved. The voices are cheesy, but I believe you can change it to Japanese and it makes the game sound alright. This game is probably one of the better 3D sonics.
  19. May 4, 2012
    Best 3D Sonic in the series. The story is astounding, the music score is just epic, it's still graphically beautiful even today ( 2012)...THIS is what sonic is about. The best.
  20. Apr 22, 2012
    Looking for a speedy action game with gameplay variety and a great story? Play Sonic Adventure 2, an instant classic with some of the best gameplay from the series.
  21. Feb 28, 2012
    This may be that only game of Sonic that I have really enjoyed much better if it is the in the last Sega console. While a may not remember as clearly , Im going directly to the entertainment it offered . Sonic fans may start looking for this one... if they can find it .
  22. Feb 9, 2012
    Best game in the history of Sonic! Excellent graphics, suitable to the characters the music, great gameplay, excellent and exciting story.... All goes well...
  23. Nov 26, 2011
    Great wonderful splendid gameplay!!! I love this game because it perfectly shows how good sonic can be in 3d if done right!!!! Great job with this one SEGA!
  24. Nov 9, 2011
    Sonic Adventure 2 is one of the greatest games anyone could get for Dreamcast, Period. It's a great follow-up to the original Sonic Adventure & features a very well written & interesting storyline including the introduction of a brand new character, Shadow The Hedgehog. The Sonic/Shadow levels are the best part of the game, it really sticks to the concept of Sonic & is a great example of what a level in a Sonic game should be & features blazing fast gameplay, the Tails/Eggman levels are also entertaining but kind of lacking at the same time, while the Knuckles/Rouge levels are rather boring, time consuming & somewhat frustrating. Overall, Sonic Adventure 2 is a great game & the greatest Sonic game for Dreamcast. Collapse
  25. Nov 4, 2011
    Full ten out of ten every time. This is without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Oddly enough for a sonic game the best parts of this one were its awesome story and UNBELIEVABLE music. Gameplay for the majority is pretty smooth and fun, though camera angles and minor glitches can sometimes put some deterrence in it. Did i forget to mention the OUTSTANDING soundtrack. I'm serious, it's astoundingly good. I think you can still buy CD copies of it for 70-300 bucks. 300 bucks. For a DC soundtrack. I know it sounds ridiculous and probably wouldn't be worth it to most people but I would pay 1000 bucks for such a beautiful CD. Thankfully i got mine for under 100. I definitely encourage you to get this version over the ps2 remake. You can find Dreamcasts for like 30 bucks and this for around 20-25 used. This is such an awesome buy its ridiculous. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. AND DID I MENTION THE SOUNDTRACK??!?!?!?! Expand
  26. Oct 27, 2011
    awesome game cdebnfjhjghenhjdfgjrk,tjnbmfngrmgnf,mgnf,grmgkrhnrjhnrgmr,nmhngkrjhtnh,tmnhrkt,hnt,hrmthnht,mhnthjmtnhjt,mrhnrt,mnhtrkhnh,rtmnhmt,nhm,thnrttr,nmt,nhmtnh,m
  27. Jul 16, 2011
    There are many improvements in this game in comparison to the previous title. Graphics are better, levels are more difficult and there are no strange boring characters like there was in Sonic Adventure. And Chaos Garden is still there for those who enjoy minigames. But for anyone who played Sonic Adventure at the time of Dreamcast`s release, when it was revolutionary and its first truly fantastic 3D gameplay, sonic adventure might be a little bit better. Its cute, the storyline is quite consistent and you can notice how it was tailor made for the console and how they wanted to carefully build a killer game to promote it at its release.
    I cant find a reason for Sonic Adventure 2 to have a score lower than 90. Its fast, its colorful, there are many different stages that change the atmosphere dramatically. The gameplay its nearly perfect - of course there are glitches, most games do... but they are definitely not enough to annoy you. Its a special game for all sonic fans I`m sure, especially for those who prefer modern sonic rather than classic sonic (not saying non-sonic fans wont like it, its just that sonic is kind of a genre itself when it comes to people willing to buy it - they tend to either love it or hate it). Well this is one of my fav games ever!
  28. Jun 19, 2011
    An action-packed adventure with smooth, nice graphics (at least at that time). Slightly buggy at times, however that does not affect the gameplay much. The 2 player mode is cool, however the shooting mode with Tails and Eggman is a bit pointless. The music is very nice and perfectly fits the whole experience. A very good Dreamcast game.
  29. May 19, 2011
    Essential to any DC collection, SA2 is more proof that a 3-D Sonic game can be fun. Pros: Excellent graphics for the DC; smooth controls; fantastic level design; rockin' soundtrack; has a wide variety of gameplay elements, including fast and fun Sonic/Shadow stages, addictive Chao Garden, and multiplayer; lots of extras/secrets. Cons: Poor camera; framerate issues; difficulty becomes increasingly frustrating, morely in Tails/Eggman stages. Expand
  30. May 5, 2011
    The variety in Sonic Adventure 2 exceeds any game on the DC -- including Sonic Adventure. Pros: The Sonic and Shadow stages are fast and fun; variety of characters to play with different goals to play for; fantastic visuals; excellent level design; multi-player is stellar. Cons: Frustrating camera; frequent framerate issues; Tails' and Eggman's stages are the weakest points in the game.
  31. Nov 17, 2010
    It's really nothing to be excited about completeley overrated by the fanboys and just entirely lack luster. Speed stages are just hold forward and homing attck to win with terrible controll and overall blandlevel design. Mech shooting & tresure hunting (yes there's that in a Sonic game) is completely boring, broken and has bad controlls, bad camera, tons of glitches, this is nothing like the genesis title and is an overall unpolished game. This whole game is a chore and a terrible experience. Avoid like the plauge Expand
  32. Nov 9, 2011

1. It's chocked full of speed and action throughout that should satisfy almost any Sonic fan.
    If this is the last Sonic game in these declining Dreamcast years, it's satisfying to know that the DC didn't go out with a bang, but with a sonic boom.
  3. The graphics in SA2 are truly next generation material, and Sonic's stages have never been faster or more intense.