• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 18, 2001
8.6

1. JohnS.
    Sep 8, 2001
    This game is the greatest! It's fun and a lot of action. This game is the greatest one out there!!
  2. Monkeyman
    Oct 25, 2005
    This is game is absolutely fabulous...excluding the loss of the adventure from 1 and the camera.
  3. JohnV.
    Apr 12, 2007
    Sonic/Shadow: Hold up and jump occasionally. . .or grind and do nothing. Uninspired level design exasperates things. Tails/Robotnik: do the same with spotty jumping and gliding controls. Worry about time limit and chaining enemies with crappy A.I. Knuckles/ Rouge: Get lost in large levels with timed switches that demand percision. Wouldn't be so bad if not for horrible music and Sonic/Shadow: Hold up and jump occasionally. . .or grind and do nothing. Uninspired level design exasperates things. Tails/Robotnik: do the same with spotty jumping and gliding controls. Worry about time limit and chaining enemies with crappy A.I. Knuckles/ Rouge: Get lost in large levels with timed switches that demand percision. Wouldn't be so bad if not for horrible music and boring levels. It defines the word tedious. The only good thing would be the Boss fights. But they're too little too late. Worst. . .Game. . .IN FRANCHISE. Expand
  4. JonR.
    Nov 9, 2001
    I already beat SA2 and I think this is the best game of all the sonic games.
  5. DanielleM.
    Jul 10, 2001
    I simply love this game!
  6. DerM.
    Sep 29, 2001
    It's the best game ever!!!
  7. CrazyTaxi
    Jun 10, 2002
    Da best damn game ever.
  8. ChrisS.
    Feb 14, 2003
    This is the best damn game ever! I am just so mad that sega discontinued the f***ing system!
  9. AndrewV.
    Oct 10, 2001
    I say that this game is twice as good as the first because this time, you can play as the bad guys. I also love the new charector SHADOW!
    Aug 23, 2001
    Anyone who gave this game less than perfect doesn't deserve to rate games.
  11. DJMac
    May 24, 2002
    It's is coooool dude! Graphics are good, new people showed up, the bosses are harder more adventure in it. peace out p.s. finish making sonic adventure3 yet.
  12. C.E.
    Jun 10, 2002
    This is the best game ever.
  13. MarkM.
    Oct 23, 2003
    It is the best game ever and I cant wait untill sonicadventure3.
  14. JugonDream
    Oct 28, 2003
    El juego es malo, peor que pegarle a un padre en navidad. Lo mejor es usar el cd del juego como posa-vasos y jugar a parchis con tu chorba. Ahhh breo rules.
  15. GleanT.
    Jul 29, 2005
    This is the absolute best game ever. I loved it, it's better then the original, altough the origanal was good for it's time and it's my fav game too, SA2 is simply, THE BEST DAMN GAME EVER!
  16. CalvinA.
    Oct 11, 2001
    As a true Sonic fan, I noticed a few flaws, but not enough to keep me from saying, "This game is just the best."
  17. MathewG.
    Oct 24, 2001
    What Kind of stupid question is that?....Hell yea.
  18. Eoin
    Sep 18, 2001
    Sonic Adventure 2 has so few flaws - just the Sonic levels would have made it a decent game, but it goes so much further. A bandicoot you say?
  19. MichaelC.
    Sep 24, 2001
    It's really neat and really fun.
  20. Fabio
    Nov 29, 2004
    Every mission is much of the same...bad camera...repetitive repetitive repetitive.
  21. AndrewP.
    Dec 15, 2006
    Best 3D Sonic game I've ever played. Dreamcast rules, I still have mine! Fabio and Jugon Dream are morons, this game is excellent.
  22. Nov 17, 2010
    It's really nothing to be excited about completeley overrated by the fanboys and just entirely lack luster. Speed stages are just hold forward and homing attck to win with terrible controll and overall blandlevel design. Mech shooting & tresure hunting (yes there's that in a Sonic game) is completely boring, broken and has bad controlls, bad camera, tons of glitches, this is nothing likeIt's really nothing to be excited about completeley overrated by the fanboys and just entirely lack luster. Speed stages are just hold forward and homing attck to win with terrible controll and overall blandlevel design. Mech shooting & tresure hunting (yes there's that in a Sonic game) is completely boring, broken and has bad controlls, bad camera, tons of glitches, this is nothing like the genesis title and is an overall unpolished game. This whole game is a chore and a terrible experience. Avoid like the plauge Expand
  23. May 5, 2011
    The variety in Sonic Adventure 2 exceeds any game on the DC -- including Sonic Adventure. Pros: The Sonic and Shadow stages are fast and fun; variety of characters to play with different goals to play for; fantastic visuals; excellent level design; multi-player is stellar. Cons: Frustrating camera; frequent framerate issues; Tails' and Eggman's stages are the weakest points in the game.
  24. Feb 28, 2012
    This may be that only game of Sonic that I have really enjoyed much better if it is the in the last Sega console. While a may not remember as clearly , Im going directly to the entertainment it offered . Sonic fans may start looking for this one... if they can find it .
  25. May 19, 2011
    Essential to any DC collection, SA2 is more proof that a 3-D Sonic game can be fun. Pros: Excellent graphics for the DC; smooth controls; fantastic level design; rockin' soundtrack; has a wide variety of gameplay elements, including fast and fun Sonic/Shadow stages, addictive Chao Garden, and multiplayer; lots of extras/secrets. Cons: Poor camera; framerate issues; difficulty becomesEssential to any DC collection, SA2 is more proof that a 3-D Sonic game can be fun. Pros: Excellent graphics for the DC; smooth controls; fantastic level design; rockin' soundtrack; has a wide variety of gameplay elements, including fast and fun Sonic/Shadow stages, addictive Chao Garden, and multiplayer; lots of extras/secrets. Cons: Poor camera; framerate issues; difficulty becomes increasingly frustrating, morely in Tails/Eggman stages. Expand
  26. Jun 19, 2011
    An action-packed adventure with smooth, nice graphics (at least at that time). Slightly buggy at times, however that does not affect the gameplay much. The 2 player mode is cool, however the shooting mode with Tails and Eggman is a bit pointless. The music is very nice and perfectly fits the whole experience. A very good Dreamcast game.
  27. Jul 16, 2011
    There are many improvements in this game in comparison to the previous title. Graphics are better, levels are more difficult and there are no strange boring characters like there was in Sonic Adventure. And Chaos Garden is still there for those who enjoy minigames. But for anyone who played Sonic Adventure at the time of Dreamcast`s release, when it was revolutionary and its first trulyThere are many improvements in this game in comparison to the previous title. Graphics are better, levels are more difficult and there are no strange boring characters like there was in Sonic Adventure. And Chaos Garden is still there for those who enjoy minigames. But for anyone who played Sonic Adventure at the time of Dreamcast`s release, when it was revolutionary and its first truly fantastic 3D gameplay, sonic adventure might be a little bit better. Its cute, the storyline is quite consistent and you can notice how it was tailor made for the console and how they wanted to carefully build a killer game to promote it at its release.
    I cant find a reason for Sonic Adventure 2 to have a score lower than 90. Its fast, its colorful, there are many different stages that change the atmosphere dramatically. The gameplay its nearly perfect - of course there are glitches, most games do... but they are definitely not enough to annoy you. Its a special game for all sonic fans I`m sure, especially for those who prefer modern sonic rather than classic sonic (not saying non-sonic fans wont like it, its just that sonic is kind of a genre itself when it comes to people willing to buy it - they tend to either love it or hate it). Well this is one of my fav games ever!
  28. Mar 5, 2013
    good game with a great story and gameplay. it also has great music and graphics for the time but poor voice acting. the multiplayer is pretty fun too.
  29. Oct 27, 2011
    awesome game cdebnfjhjghenhjdfgjrk,tjnbmfngrmgnf,mgnf,grmgkrhnrjhnrgmr,nmhngkrjhtnh,tmnhrkt,hnt,hrmthnht,mhnthjmtnhjt,mrhnrt,mnhtrkhnh,rtmnhmt,nhm,thnrttr,nmt,nhmtnh,m
  30. Nov 4, 2011
    Full ten out of ten every time. This is without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Oddly enough for a sonic game the best parts of this one were its awesome story and UNBELIEVABLE music. Gameplay for the majority is pretty smooth and fun, though camera angles and minor glitches can sometimes put some deterrence in it. Did i forget to mention the OUTSTANDING soundtrack. I'm serious, it'sFull ten out of ten every time. This is without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Oddly enough for a sonic game the best parts of this one were its awesome story and UNBELIEVABLE music. Gameplay for the majority is pretty smooth and fun, though camera angles and minor glitches can sometimes put some deterrence in it. Did i forget to mention the OUTSTANDING soundtrack. I'm serious, it's astoundingly good. I think you can still buy CD copies of it for 70-300 bucks. 300 bucks. For a DC soundtrack. I know it sounds ridiculous and probably wouldn't be worth it to most people but I would pay 1000 bucks for such a beautiful CD. Thankfully i got mine for under 100. I definitely encourage you to get this version over the ps2 remake. You can find Dreamcasts for like 30 bucks and this for around 20-25 used. This is such an awesome buy its ridiculous. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. AND DID I MENTION THE SOUNDTRACK??!?!?!?! Expand

#1 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2001
#1 Most Shared Dreamcast Game of 2001

1. It's chocked full of speed and action throughout that should satisfy almost any Sonic fan.
    If this is the last Sonic game in these declining Dreamcast years, it's satisfying to know that the DC didn't go out with a bang, but with a sonic boom.
  3. AllDreamcast
    The graphics in SA2 are truly next generation material, and Sonic's stages have never been faster or more intense.