SoulCalibur Dreamcast
  • Release Date: Sep 8, 1999
8.9

1. C.K.
    Feb 26, 2003
    Almost pure perfection my only complaint is not the clearest options ever (unbreakable attacks) but then again that is usually not expected in fighting games.
  2. RobertT.
    Mar 16, 2003
    This game is so good i would give it an 11 because this game totally reeks of awsomeness.
  3. ChristianDeM.
    Sep 10, 2002
    Best game on dreamcast. hands down.
  4. ThomasO.
    Sep 9, 2002
    It's the best fighting game ever!!!!!!!!!!
  5. ChrisC.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is a real work of genious, absolute perfection in a console game. The adrenaline is non-stop and your fingers will ache by the time you've finished.
  6. ErikK.
    Dec 30, 2001
    This game is the best Dreamcast game I ever saw. I think it's the only reason that Dreamcast is still popular. And let's jsut say that Sophita will change your mind.
  7. AustinF.
    Jul 1, 2001
    Soul Calibur is the best game released on any game console ever created!
  8. KeithH.
    Mar 30, 2002
    The best fighting game ever, and it isn't boring like most others.
  9. Braddykidgamekid
    May 30, 2002
    This game is the best fighting game for dreamcast the sound is a great detail. I see this game as the best dreamcast game ever. The diffrent swords are cool plot line is the best there is NO WAY there will be a better fighting game for dreamcast.
  10. NikkiH.
    Jul 8, 2003
    The best fighting game I've ever played by far! It's got everything; eye-candy graphics, great characters & some of the most amazing moves I've seen in a long time. It even seems to have a plot (of sorts) which I really like; the characters have real depth & even a personal history. The thing I like about it most of all are all the hidden extras you uncover when you The best fighting game I've ever played by far! It's got everything; eye-candy graphics, great characters & some of the most amazing moves I've seen in a long time. It even seems to have a plot (of sorts) which I really like; the characters have real depth & even a personal history. The thing I like about it most of all are all the hidden extras you uncover when you complete the game. It gives you a real added incentive to carry on playing. I would personally recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  11. Lowman
    Jan 10, 2002
    Never better console fighting game...till SC2 comes out.
  12. LillianL.
    Dec 12, 2001
    I love this game! This is the only game which makes me feel better whenever i'm bored.
  13. ChesterM.
    Jan 1, 2002
    I got this game for Christmas and completed straight away it was so good. I had played Soul Edge, which wasn't bad, but this was the creme de la crema! :)
  14. JenniferB.
    Dec 20, 2002
    It's the only reason I play my dreamcast.
    Aug 27, 2001
    1 word: WOW!
  16. MarkF.
    Dec 15, 2001
    I beat the game years ago and I'm still hooked!
  17. MartijnP.
    Jan 12, 2002
    This game rulezzzzzzzzzzzz.
  18. IsmaldoS.
    May 31, 2003
    The best game fighting game I ever play.
  19. I
    Apr 23, 2003
    GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! THE BEST FIGHTING GAMES OF THE WORLD!!!
  20. Bob
    Apr 23, 2003
    That the best Fighting action games I never saw!!
  21. MeztenVonC.
    Aug 26, 2001
    This is probably the best game realesed for DC... until another fast paced action game comes out.
  22. MarkB.
    Mar 11, 2003
    This is the best fighting game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. It is simply awesome.
  23. JamesS.
    Dec 11, 2001
    I used to hate all fighting games, then I tried Soul Caliber. Now I'm hooked. This game kicks some serious rear.
  24. AdamL.
    May 7, 2002
    It's Soul Caliber. Tekken is poor compared, Asteroth is class, Nightmare is the beast, if i continue, i'll be here till christmass. needless to say, if you don't have a copy, may god have mercy upon your soul...
  25. ShaunP.
    Jun 24, 2002
    It is a great game for experienced gamers and even for beginners like myself. I had never played it but was still able to beat my brother repeatedly.
  26. J
    Nov 16, 2002
    MARVELOUS!!! Fell i love with it upon my first match-Excellent characters! Awesome weaponry Dramatic settings First Rate Music!! THE GAME FOR DREAMCAST!!!
  27. Sirius
    Sep 14, 2002
    Best fighting game ever.
  28. GregorM.
    Nov 26, 2001
    Basically, if there was an entry for 11/10, Soul Caliber has my vote. We need a new one developers, come on!
  29. BillK.
    Jul 23, 2003
    This is the best fighter i have ever played. gameplay is fantastic. graphics are extraordinary (almost as good as dead or alive 2) it keeps people entertained for hours just to fully complete the mission mode. and there is a good variety of characters and fighting styles to choose from. oh and siegfried is the best character.
  30. JeraG.
    Feb 3, 2002
    Almost perfect in every aspect yet I still gave it a 10 because it is the best yet!
  31. AnthonyD.
    Mar 22, 2002
    This game kicks ass, I wanna buy it.
  32. KristinA.
    Jul 20, 2001
    This game is so much fun. Frightenly addictive. I had all my roommates and friends at schoolplaying this game nonstop. Way too much fun.
  33. JohnA.
    Mar 25, 2002
    Hey man, this game is like totally awesome man.
  34. BlancoT.
    Feb 7, 2003
    The best fighter ever created. PERIOD.
  35. NedC.
    Oct 9, 2001
    The best two-player fighting game ever. Graphics unmatched in smoothness and moves unmatched by imagination. Ties with the 4-player "Super Smash Bros." for pure fighting fun.
  36. SoulCaliber
    Feb 19, 2002
    Perfect!!
  37. JosephN.
    Aug 26, 2001
    I have completed the game. I loved every minute.
  38. RobertC.
    Sep 13, 2003
    JEEZ! If AI S. does that again, then this "junk" is real junk to him! Anyhow, this is the BEST fighting game EVER!!! The graphics are gorgeus, Edge Master is Charade, there is a character in place of Mitsurugi (Arthur), and most of all, EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!
  39. JacobB.
    Sep 23, 2003
    Unbelivable game in its time. Closest to perfect, awsome graphics. This game kicks arse!
  40. DavidL.
    Oct 14, 2003
    Nothing better...except for maybe soul calibur2...The best!
  41. R.H.
    Mar 3, 2004
    The best. 3d fighter. Ever. Smacks SC2 and Soul Edge around but only the soundtrack is slightly worse than Soul Edge's (best OST ever made) but still among the better soundtracks. The game itself is up there in the league of FF7, Ocarina, Panzer Saga and Super metroid; the 5 best games ever made imo.
  42. AnthonyC.
    Apr 1, 2004
    This is the best fighting game ever no doubt in my mind ever.
  43. Amy!
    Apr 20, 2004
    Wooop!! it rocks!!! :D
  44. CampbellA.
    Sep 15, 2005
    This is my favourite game ever, the characters are well thought out and the graphics were cutting edge (forgive the pun) and are superbly made. so there! (would still like to play as arthur though...)
  45. DarylL.
    Jan 1, 2006
    If you have a Dreamcast this is the absolute must have game. Stunning 3D graphics demonstrating the capabilities of the Dreamcast. Great gameplay with a variety of different options for both single and multiplayer. Just Brilliant.
  46. M
    Jan 18, 2006
    Its the Best. Soul Calibur III now on PS2.
  47. WillTee
    Oct 7, 2006
    This Game is The Best and yep Seigfried is the greatest! One thing a little disappointing they never spoke in English... NO ONE CAN STOP ME
  48. JamesK.
    Feb 18, 2007
    An amazing game, even in 2007 I still love it. I can't describe how fun it is, easy to pick up, but challenging to master. Great game!
  49. Jan 24, 2011
    This has to be one of the best fighting games of all times. At least in the top 5, easily. It was the main reason I got myself a Dreamcast, even though I was "waiting" for the PS2. Great game that you can never forget.
  50. Apr 23, 2011
    The first real 3-D fighting game -- Soulcalibur is one of the most valuable titles on the DC. Pros: Beautiful graphics; great audio; variety of characters, weapons, and level designs; near-perfect controls. Cons: It's on the Dreamcast, one of the most forgotten video game consoles.
  51. Jun 22, 2011
    The best fighting game on the DC and one of the best fighting games to date. Pros: It practically invented 3-D fighting movement in fighting games; stunning graphics; lovable characters; striking combos. Cons: Easy; annoying soundtrack.
  52. Dec 23, 2011
    It is one of my favorite fighting games of all time. Who doesn't love this game? It had incredible graphics back in 1999. you gotta love the fluidity moves and attacks of each character. the mission is battle is awesome that you can play various minigames like tournaments, fighting lizard men, training with edgemaster, poison modes, etc. the soundtrack makes this game more epic and hasIt is one of my favorite fighting games of all time. Who doesn't love this game? It had incredible graphics back in 1999. you gotta love the fluidity moves and attacks of each character. the mission is battle is awesome that you can play various minigames like tournaments, fighting lizard men, training with edgemaster, poison modes, etc. the soundtrack makes this game more epic and has great atmosphere. this game is never wounded and its soul never burns in my book. Expand
  53. Mar 29, 2012
    Absolutely perfect. Outstanding graphics, addictive gameplay, awesome rewards, magnificent storylines. This game is the true standard of a masterpiece. Period.
  54. May 24, 2013
    Although the series took a little dive in recent releases, we all know how great it made it's stay. The graphics at the time we're amazing, the gameplay is better then some games today, and this is the golden era of fighting games, along with Battle Arena Toshinden, which is an underrated rival.
  55. Nov 10, 2013
    Quite simply the best fighting game ever made. Extremely well-balanced, fast-paced with great visuals and a diverse range of characters. Addictive gameplay.
  56. Sep 29, 2014
    SoulCalibur isn't only a pretty important mark for the gaming industry, but a masterpiece fighting game, with unbelievable physics for the time, nice and challenging combos and great weapons, as well as a superb story for a fighting game, SoulCalibur is an 11/10 game.
  57. Apr 3, 2015
    This game is pure awesome!!!! THE GRAFIX!!! sdfjhkaersuyfhjmrsagmfhjeawfgiuyekmfneahkjfnrgfhjekrfgehjrfghejferfjkfnaeslfherfkjrfbhkewhjfejkdsfshjfuadfks
  58. JonotheGreat
    Mar 12, 2003
    Wow!!!!!!! this is one of the best by far 3D beat-em-ups i have ever seen and a great sequel to Soulblade on the Ps1. The only bad thing about it is that you can't choose your weapons like on soulblade, but still GREAT.
  59. CarlS.
    Mar 7, 2002
    This is a great game with different rewards every time you beat it even on easy level such as bonus characters, and new stages. It has awesome graphics, and although it at least has a story and a mission stage it's actual fighting falls just a bit short of Dead or Alive 2. The fighting stages are better on DOA2 and the characters move a little more realistic... too bad they ruined it This is a great game with different rewards every time you beat it even on easy level such as bonus characters, and new stages. It has awesome graphics, and although it at least has a story and a mission stage it's actual fighting falls just a bit short of Dead or Alive 2. The fighting stages are better on DOA2 and the characters move a little more realistic... too bad they ruined it in the swap over from japan. The story is all hacked up and makes no sense whatsoever, for your money you'll get alot more playtime out of soul calibur. Expand
  60. JoelL.
    Feb 10, 2003
    Incredible graphics and gameplay. You'll never tire of this one. The best fighter ever.
  61. RayP.
    Jun 3, 2002
    I'm a fan of Virtua Fighter 2 and 3. I own VF3tb and Soul Calibur. Soul Calibur has beautiful graphics, fantasic character movement, and great game play. It falls short because it is TOO easy. Button mashers can pick any character and beat every other character without memorizing a single move combo. This is unlike VF where button mashers get crushed by round 3. In Soul Calibur you I'm a fan of Virtua Fighter 2 and 3. I own VF3tb and Soul Calibur. Soul Calibur has beautiful graphics, fantasic character movement, and great game play. It falls short because it is TOO easy. Button mashers can pick any character and beat every other character without memorizing a single move combo. This is unlike VF where button mashers get crushed by round 3. In Soul Calibur you don't even have to Defend! Lame. Expand

I guarantee you'll be amazed at how phenomenal this game looks, and you won't be able to put it down.
  2. It blows away every 3D fighting game I've ever played (even "Virtua Fighter 3," and by a much bigger margin than I expected!), so go buy it when you get your Dreamcast, or feel like a total fool when it's sold out the next day.
    This is - or was - bleeding edge technology; the 'Sole Calibre' of Dreamcast's Distinction, and it shall remain so... until Namco's elite inevitably trump themselves.