9.0

1. Feb 23, 2012
    Simply a timeless, amazing game. Even if your not a fan of TBS, it's a must try. The amount of options for gameplay are staggering, and the multiplayer and interesting new combat mode just sweeten the deal. Only thing missing is wifi battles, but that is included in days of ruin.
  2. Oct 6, 2010
    With a level editor, multiplayer, hard/easy campaign modes, a combat mode, time/money/turns survival mode, a soundtrack mode, a gallery mode, over 20 characters and over 100 pre-made maps, it is unrivaled in the amount of content and replay value it offers.
  3. Jun 9, 2011
    Addictive is the main word that can describe this game, having cartoonish graphics, easy controls and gameplay is a mist own DS game, or a reason to buy a DS, yeah the 3DS is already launched but whatever, just get this game instantly.
  4. Jan 19, 2014
    As a fan of the first 2 Advance Wars games, I was happy to get this one. I've played through the campaign and I enjoyed it. The new units are interesting, but they honestly didn't affect any of my major strategies- that could be considered the main weakness of this installment, I believe. One of the great things about this game though is its replayability. You have dozens of missions to choose from after the campaign is over, and you can select different CO's in order win in different ways. If you haven't enjoyed this series before, I highly recommend it now. Expand
  5. May 2, 2014
    This game is like crack to a dork like me. I'd pork the hell out of it if it had a vagina. If you love turn based strategy and don't have a DS... well, go out and get a DS. An old hamburger one will do just fine. They gotta be pretty cheap by now. Any of the versions of AW are great, but I gotta go with this one as the best. 9.75 rounded down. I don't give tens.
  6. Jul 28, 2014
    One of my most favorite games for the DS and all-time. You can tell since this review was posted nearly 9 years after its release, and I still play it from time to time! Decently long campaign, great gameplay, war room, and extra features make it worth the money.

1. It's the expanded portfolio of vehicles and strategic subtleties and wealth of new commanding officer combos that really make this game sing... Result? Super-addictive strategy gaming. [Sept 2005, p.118]
  2. Thank heavens, then, for the brilliant Survival mode. Of all Dual Strike’s little reinventions it’s the only one to twist the template into a persuasive new shape. [Sept 2005, p.97]
  3. It's a pretty big step up from "Advance Wars 2," and the new dual-CO tagging system adds a new dimension to the strategy that actually works quite well. [JPN Import]