Animal Crossing: Wild World DS

8.6

1. DonnaS.
    May 7, 2008
    I LOVE this game. I'm 62 and my daughter got me started with it on my birthday, in February.
  2. NicciL
    Feb 10, 2009
    I love this game. Both my children play too, we love the fun of just fishing & harvesting fruit, collecting fossils and growing flowers. A great game that is not understood until you've played a while and then you get totally hooked.
  3. LockPicker
    Dec 7, 2005
    Simply astonishing! Indeed a great game and worth every pound spent!
  4. Emma
    Jan 26, 2007
    I really enjoy playing on Animal Crossing but I do think that we should be able to actually speak our mind in a nice way obv.... I think its lacking with speech!
  5. Dec 16, 2010
    This is a very good game, with a fun free style ability to it.....................................................................macs forever!This is a very good game, with a fun free style ability to it.....................................................................macs forever!  Expand
  6. EllaB.
    Feb 24, 2007
    This game is a winner, it's charming characters and colorful fruit is enough to charm even the dullest of people. Although some may say there is no point in this game, seeing as there is no levels, it isn't true- It's great fun running around shaking trees and designing clothes, making money and more! It's bit like the Sims, I suppose, except more relaxed, seeing as This game is a winner, it's charming characters and colorful fruit is enough to charm even the dullest of people. Although some may say there is no point in this game, seeing as there is no levels, it isn't true- It's great fun running around shaking trees and designing clothes, making money and more! It's bit like the Sims, I suppose, except more relaxed, seeing as your character doesn't get hungry. But sometimes, if you are on the game for a long time, your character may fall over or stumble, this means you need sit him/her down. Overall, a nice "optional game" if you have platform games as well, it's soothing to have a breather from them and go on this! Expand
  7. RubyK.
    Jun 3, 2008
    i play this game everyday!! yeah should sometimes it gets boring but it the best games invented!!!
  8. BobG.
    Aug 10, 2006
    A great overall game. Buy it.
  9. MichaelL.
    Sep 23, 2006
    Morally I
  10. AnonymousMC
    Jan 8, 2007
    All townspeople feature different attitudes, many being peppy and nice, some cranky and rude, just like in real life. Resetti, the crank referred to in another comment, scolds players who cheat by not saving their progress, and encourages them to accept the bad things in life along with the good. And his GRAMMAR is fine. (He NEVER calls anybody stupid, that was total fabrication. DialogAll townspeople feature different attitudes, many being peppy and nice, some cranky and rude, just like in real life. Resetti, the crank referred to in another comment, scolds players who cheat by not saving their progress, and encourages them to accept the bad things in life along with the good. And his GRAMMAR is fine. (He NEVER calls anybody stupid, that was total fabrication. Dialog transcripts are available online.) With zero violence and a strong focus on friendship-building, I would highly recommend this game for any child. Especially 8 year olds. Expand
  11. TangyL.
    Jan 6, 2008
    This was an awesome game! I just love it! I play it every single day. It might be a bit expensive, but it's definatley worth it!
  12. JuliaT.
    Jun 3, 2008
    This game is very fun, I liked, I play sometimes and is exciting!
  13. Dark-linkX
    Dec 8, 2005
    this is a great game not only dose it improve the origenal vertion but it has nintendo wifi conection so you can viseit people and friends all over the world and you can finnaly use nintendos chat option it's a great game i give it a 10.
  14. ShaunaG.
    Jan 1, 2006
    it is an awsem game it has better graphis then the animal crossing on the game cube! It is an awsome game.
  15. Nicholas
    Jan 26, 2006
    I've played alot of games in my life. And they're usually good ones,at that. But Mario Kart DS is one of the best. Anyone who has a DS who can afford should buy thil game. Even Non-racer fans.
  16. JimmyK.
    Jan 26, 2006
    Great Handheld game but not much different than the gamecube version. I played out the gamecube version and this isn't much different. Local wireless works really well.
  17. AlejandroR.
    Feb 16, 2006
    I beat the Gamecube version and im playing this one now. It is very simliar with a couple new things, but its worth buying. The Wi-Fi is very good and its fun to axe other people's trees down from around the world.
  18. DylanL.
    Mar 19, 2006
    For sure better than the GC version. I think this is because of the great multiplayer gaming. Get this game!
  19. AnonymousMC
    Mar 25, 2006
    This is a very fun game, if you want to kill some time.
    Or put on some headphones and doze off during your afternoon nap to its melodious tunes.

This is a very simple, yet long game. Time goes by in Real Time; 1hr in game = 1hr of your life.
  20. Awesome
    Mar 4, 2006
    Not for fast-pace action lovers, but definitely for you rpg/harvestmoon fans! this should not be your only game, as it is easily outplayed after more than an hour or two. there's also no storyline.
  21. AaronC.
    Apr 19, 2006
    one of the best ds games ive ever seen to date. i'm hoping for a sequel.
  22. Alakazam
    Jul 26, 2006
    A great game all around. While some people may find it boring, it has a certain addictive factor that keeps you playing for a while, and although it might not be the best choice if you're looking for a solid Wi-Fi game (see: Tetris DS, Mario Kart DS for Wi-Fi), still a lot of fun.
  23. JorgeC.
    Aug 4, 2006
    That is the best game ever! they should really make a second part only with better items and more new events.
  24. AndrewC.
    Feb 13, 2007
    It's a fine port of the original, and I highly recommend it to anybody who didn't enjoy it then. But those who did will probably feel that it's all been done before. There aren't any drastic changes, just little tweaks that make it feel more like an expansion than a true sequel. Hopefully the Wii AC will be more fresh.
    Feb 9, 2007
    The most addicting game ever... makes me wanna get the first AC, plus now I can't wait for the Wii version.
  26. JeremyN.
    Sep 16, 2007
    Great for a while....but i lost interest after about 4 months.
  27. ElliottW
    Dec 2, 2008
    Stunning. My favourite DS game, You'll be playing it for years, up to 6 months at a time. Every day is a unique expierence. For a full review, go to the metacritic page for the wii version, and look for my review, as the two games are pretty much the same. P.S: The wii version is critically UNDER-RATED. It may be a simaler game to the DS version, but that's what makes it great.
  28. BrandonZ.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Animal crossing is a spectacular game with many surprises. I never know when something will just, well, happen! I am practically addicted to this game now that I have a mansion, I just wish that Nook's Cranny would upgrade faster.
  29. BobM.
    Feb 25, 2008
    This game is so much fun! I love to check the stores and go shopping. Decorating your house is fun, too!
  30. SammyL
    Aug 14, 2009
    this game is the best. ive had it for about 3 years and have hardly ever stopped playing it. and for all the people wh sed it is sad it really aint. it is amazing and there is always something to do.
  31. CaitlinA
    Aug 29, 2009
    I love this game! It's amazing fun and there is so much to do. I started playing it when I was at my friends house one day, she had it and I started playing it. I got really into it, I was playing it for hours, she ended up getting annoyed because that was all I wanted to do. She let me borrow it and me and my friend Liam (who lived up the road from me) were obsessed with it, we kept I love this game! It's amazing fun and there is so much to do. I started playing it when I was at my friends house one day, she had it and I started playing it. I got really into it, I was playing it for hours, she ended up getting annoyed because that was all I wanted to do. She let me borrow it and me and my friend Liam (who lived up the road from me) were obsessed with it, we kept trying to get Mint to fancey Liam's character lol! I ended up getting the game, then Liam got it too. At times once you've played it for ages (I've been playing it for 3 years) it gets boring and you stop playing it for a while, then you get obseesed with it again. I will admit that the Wii version (Lets Go to the City) is slightly better (for me anyway), but Animal Crossing is the best game of all time! Expand
  32. BenP
    Sep 29, 2009
    Omg!!! This game made like all my friends family buy it they all love it encluding me ...sure sometimes you might not have something to do ...but thats just telling you you need to have a little break...when you come back theres alwase something to do :D
  33. litzyh
    Sep 7, 2009
    I loved the game! Sure trying to get the big house took forever, but whenever one of my friends talked about how they cheated to get the big house it jut made me mad, that's why I never used a code.
  34. JackK
    Jan 25, 2010
    Not bad. But it's very great! The only problem is that it's not much events like the game cube version. Overall it's good!
  35. BillS.
    Dec 17, 2005
    It delievered what they said they we're going to do. You have all the things Animal Crossing brought to Gamecube ina handheld. You lose NES games but gain more to the museum, more visitors and a much easier way to visit other towns. Shooting prizes out of the sky has been very profitable and having the sunset and different weather has made for a great enviorment. A must Buy for all ages.
  36. KattR.
    Dec 30, 2005
    This game is probably one of the best games I've ever played. I recommend this game to those of you that get stuck on levels too easily. Lucky for you, this game has none.
  37. BobP.
    Dec 7, 2005
    This game is the most best game I bought in years. For young ones and even older. 10-10 is definatlly what this game deseaves! Its so awsome go buy it today!
  38. Osakasan
    Jan 13, 2006
    I never really got into Animal Crossing on GC, but I'm addicted to the DS version... it's essentially the same game, with a few minor tweaks (using the touch screen for interface functions helps streamline things a bit, and the addition of customizable constellations is nice), but it's just much better suited to the portable format than it was to a full-scale console.
  39. OliviaF.
    Dec 21, 2006
    Love it! Great graphics, sounds, and detail!
  40. KaelaL.
    Feb 25, 2006
    Animal Crossing for ds is the funnest game for this console because there is something new in it every day. I would reccomend this game to anyone who thinks games with fighting are too hard.
  41. MairiM.
    Apr 29, 2006
    I think this game is great its so addictive an i i cant stop playing it. Id definetly give it a 10.
  42. RobP.
    Jun 25, 2006
    Animal Crossing really isn't a game. It's more of a time waster/killer. I mean for some reason, even though it gets kinda old, I still sit around and fish like crazy so I can pay off my home mortgage. This has a very high replay value, so if you liked the one on GCN (this is a tad bit different though), you'll like this one. Get it used though, I can't bare to spend Animal Crossing really isn't a game. It's more of a time waster/killer. I mean for some reason, even though it gets kinda old, I still sit around and fish like crazy so I can pay off my home mortgage. This has a very high replay value, so if you liked the one on GCN (this is a tad bit different though), you'll like this one. Get it used though, I can't bare to spend $35 on it, so I paid under $25 with tax since I had a card at GameStop. Expand
  43. BradK.
    Jul 12, 2006
    It's an excellent game to play!I highly,let me repeat,HIGHLY recommand this game for all ages.
  44. AshleeF.
    Sep 24, 2006
    I'm not really in to games but I really enjoyed this and have found my self addicted to it.
  45. DJT
    Dec 15, 2007
    Awesome game... it'll keep you coming back, even after you put it down for a few months! you'll find yourself wondering "whatever happened to old what's his name?!" Great Wifi fun, really good stuff here! Give it a chance!
  46. GabbyM.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Such a Great game. I might warn you though, IT'S VERY ADDICTIVE. It's such a fun game to play a recommend it to everyone.
  47. AnonymousMC
    Apr 15, 2007
    This is the most addictive game ever!!! It is so fun and there is always something to do or explore ... I have been on my friends game and now ordered it from e-bay ... It is worth buying if you like simulations (Try to find it cheaper than £29.99 though you could get a real bargin!
  48. AnonymousMC
    May 16, 2007
    I absolutely LOVE this game! But if they make a third one they should give you the choice to euther type talk to your friends or let the DS do the talking for you! There should also be more cheats and lots of new fish and bugs. You should also be able to have the choice of making your add ons larger or going to the next add on! They should also give you lots of new visitors and characters.I absolutely LOVE this game! But if they make a third one they should give you the choice to euther type talk to your friends or let the DS do the talking for you! There should also be more cheats and lots of new fish and bugs. You should also be able to have the choice of making your add ons larger or going to the next add on! They should also give you lots of new visitors and characters. Just a couple suggestions! Please value them! Expand
  49. AdamR.
    May 28, 2007
    Amazing game. You will never get sick of it, or ever sell it. Absoultly amazing game. There is always something to do.
  50. HaleyH.
    Sep 19, 2007
    Its a great game but it is really slow on getting new characters.
  51. Chevretenis1213Awesome
    Mar 28, 2008
    This game is fun and gives me something to do. I also believe that it can teach a life lesson and it is quite educational. Rock on Animal Crossing!
  52. AnonymousMC
    Jun 23, 2008
    Wild World was a good installment for the DS, Awesome new items and a bigger house. I was highly disssapointed in not being able to do chores for your villagers. Also you actually have to SHARE a house with the other characters? But then again you'll probably not let anyone else touch your game since you are having so much fun
  53. AnnaD
    Jul 17, 2009
    Very fun game there's more to discover each day.Get's kids ready for the real world
  54. JamesM.
    Dec 14, 2005
    Just a superb game that is going to last for years. It combines the best of its console counterpart with portability and global communication.
  55. SadieL.
    Nov 12, 2006
    This game is pure fun! I love how you get to buy stuff advance in levels and all that jazz. This is just a great game ALL around!
  56. ChloeGoodman
    Dec 12, 2006
    this game is awesome. its like a little life in the palm of your hand.
  57. KathrynC.
    Nov 17, 2007
    It's a very good game, but it doesn't have a lot of action.
  58. Jan 8, 2011
    Best if played with a friend, and the more you have on here the more you will play. Colorful and cute, this game is well animated and easy to learn to play. There are tons of things to unlock, as well as items to obtain. It will keep you busy, but don't leave for too long or accidentally turn the power off without saving. They get mad at you and it is oddly funny when they do.
  59. May 20, 2011
    Animal Crossing: Wild World is as addictive as ever now that it's in the palm of your hands. Pros: Lots to do, items to collect, and extras/secrets to unlock; Nintendo WFC makes for fantastic multiplayer value; ridiculously charming visuals; funny dialogue. Cons: It's missing a lot of valuable features from the GCN game, such as NES games.
  60. Oct 18, 2011
    absolutly amazing gameplay, even if youfind it hard to know what 2 do, its just way too open, lika minecraft, but other than that,ala awesome (did i use ala props?)
    95%
  61. Dec 14, 2011
    So cute, original characters. It is inevitable that the Nintendo team has put years of hard effort in it to make this such a great breakthrough. Very addictive, and you become very engaged with the little lives of the little residents of your town. Very charming. Probably the best Animal Crossing game of them all.
  62. Oct 29, 2012
    One of the best games on the DS! I have had animal crossing for a long time, and I went through phases of going on it constantly and then stopping for sometimes months or even years. You have your own character (girl/boy) you have your own home, and when you pay of your mortgage you get a bigger house. I think I am on the third biggest house. There are two shops (one clothes oneOne of the best games on the DS! I have had animal crossing for a long time, and I went through phases of going on it constantly and then stopping for sometimes months or even years. You have your own character (girl/boy) you have your own home, and when you pay of your mortgage you get a bigger house. I think I am on the third biggest house. There are two shops (one clothes one furniture), you get money from giving flowers, acorns, fish, money from trees, and anything you don't want; and so you can buy things from that. There are contests and tournaments, and a sale in each house to buy things from each others houses, you can hook up with your mates, and get mail from places and people. There are about 4 different houses to start off with, but then more people come and leave, and you end up having about 8. After being on it for a long time, you get bored with your village and decide to move, but you basically then start again. When I first got it, I had to buy a new animal crossing because it wouldn't let me log into my account, it was on someone elses random village. The one problem is, is that if you forget to save in your bed, you get a big telling of by a mole! If you get told off about 5 times, he starts asking you to say sorry over 15times, so I suggest you remember to save before turning off!I would definitely recommend this to any child! great DS game! Expand
  63. Jun 2, 2012
    This is one of the most addictive games I've ever played. The music is wonderful, and if you're sick is one of the most friendly games. It has an especial humor and a lot of things to do! It is very relaxing, i can't wait to animal Crossing 3D!
  64. Jan 19, 2013
    This is a great game! The game has hours of amazing content and does a great job of making you play the game almost every day and make every time feel rewarding.
  65. Feb 2, 2013
    Awesome, funny, charming and fascinating. Every animal has a well outlined personality and their blabbering language is so much fun! The museum, the café, the constellations, the house decorations, the festivals... everything is so inspiring!
  66. Apr 4, 2016
    I may be biased because I've played New Leaf first, but I definitely think that New Leaf is the superior game. That being said, Wild World isn't a bad game by any measurements, but it may be best for people who want to get into Animal Crossing but don't have a 3DS. It's still got a lot of cute and fun Animal Crossing charm to it, but being that it was on an older device than the newest ACI may be biased because I've played New Leaf first, but I definitely think that New Leaf is the superior game. That being said, Wild World isn't a bad game by any measurements, but it may be best for people who want to get into Animal Crossing but don't have a 3DS. It's still got a lot of cute and fun Animal Crossing charm to it, but being that it was on an older device than the newest AC game, the graphics and sound quality aren't as good, and I do find some things annoying like that characters that want to fish or catch bugs won't let me talk to them about anything else until I agree to do it and then go find them, especially in the winter when bugs are harder to find. But it's still a cute game. Expand
  67. Jul 17, 2013
    Pick this one up if your looking for a open ended laid back game. No action, instead you'll find yourself watering flowers, Fishing, catching bugs, Interacting with your fellow villagers, buying cool items at Nook's Cranny. Definitely worth buying, Really fun. Picking fruit, Running errands, Mailing letters, And even breeding flowers is something you'll be doing in Animal Crossing: WildPick this one up if your looking for a open ended laid back game. No action, instead you'll find yourself watering flowers, Fishing, catching bugs, Interacting with your fellow villagers, buying cool items at Nook's Cranny. Definitely worth buying, Really fun. Picking fruit, Running errands, Mailing letters, And even breeding flowers is something you'll be doing in Animal Crossing: Wild World. If that sounds like fun, I'd go buy this right now. Expand
  68. Nov 5, 2013
    When I was to lazy to do anything in my world, I would go into this game to get some work done. It gave me the space to create a world that was comfy and fun. Fishing, Fossil hunting, Shopping, Decorating, and hanging out with friends were some of the many things this game offered.
  69. Apr 21, 2014
    really fun game, you are given so much freedom to do what you want to do, I just wish there was more to do because the only thing I really wanted to do is go fishing
  70. Jul 3, 2016
    Hmm I want to have animal crossing on a handheld. - Said someone from 2005. Well this game wild world will not let you down. The graphics look right the villagers look as cute as the original game was. Everything is great but it's not 100% perfect it's 99.99% perfect.
  71. Jul 6, 2016
    What made this game so good, was that it was on the DS. This meant you could go anyway when bored, and just play. Most of the times, it's a great game to distract yourself from your own life (especially if your life was **** and just talk to some humanoid animals, because you didn't have any friends to talk to. Anyways, the main part of the game is to customise your house with furnitureWhat made this game so good, was that it was on the DS. This meant you could go anyway when bored, and just play. Most of the times, it's a great game to distract yourself from your own life (especially if your life was **** and just talk to some humanoid animals, because you didn't have any friends to talk to. Anyways, the main part of the game is to customise your house with furniture that you got randomly (some being rare) and expanding it. Just something you could play to kill time. Expand

#2 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#5 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

While none of these issues hold the game back from a playability standpoint, Wild World is closer to an enhanced port than an extravagant sequel.
  2. Nintendo ports over the hugely addictive GameCube sim, and adds more features and online play to the DS. A definite addition to your DS gaming library.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    About living the life of a cute animal in real-time. The imaginative gameplay is as delightfully Nintendo-like as ever. Sit back and relax either on your own or with friends. [Mar 2006]