Asphalt: Urban GT 2 DS

6.9

1. MikeS.
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nice graphics, lots of options from racing to police chase. Lots of cars to choose from when you progress ... if you're into racing games like Need for Speed this NDS is a must.
  2. NecrisR.
    Nov 17, 2006
    I really think this game deserves somewhere between a 7.5 and 8.9. It's very fun, and they finally prove they get the DS. It has about PS-One or N64 level graphics (which is amazing in a hand held to ME still) and it has a very good control scheme. Although, after the backlash to the strapped on stylus controls in the first few rounds of racing games I wish someone would look at I really think this game deserves somewhere between a 7.5 and 8.9. It's very fun, and they finally prove they get the DS. It has about PS-One or N64 level graphics (which is amazing in a hand held to ME still) and it has a very good control scheme. Although, after the backlash to the strapped on stylus controls in the first few rounds of racing games I wish someone would look at Starfox Command and do something similar, using buttons or dpad for gas, break, turbo, E-Break (for corner sliding) and stylus just for steering as an option. Not the ONLY way to play, but an option. Would be cool. Good sense of speed, KILLER sound (the main title track from Moby is stuck in my head constantly since I got it) All in all a solid racer, I just wish the bikes felt a little more different from the cars. Here's hoping the next generation of DS racer will get it even closer to right. Control schemes on this system should be all about choice! Expand
  3. MarkM.
    Nov 20, 2006
    Nice graphics, very fast paced game play, from racing to running from the police. And triple nitro giving you the outrages feel of speed.
    Dec 25, 2006
    Asphalt: Urban GT 2 is the second in series of games. Asphalt: Urban GT 2 is much fun than the original game and music is better and there more cars and tracks to chose from. The difficulty is adjustable so the game is also fun for casual gamers and the others who are not the best gamers.
  5. MattyH.
    Jan 24, 2007
    I was hooked playing this for at least a few days. The music gets annoying after a while, but the game play is somewhat fast paced and intense with good incentives.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Asphalt: Urban GT 2 is a fun and visually impressive arcade-style racer, even if it is just an evolutionary upgrade of the original game.
  2. Though the game is gussied up with smooth visuals (and again, the Pussycat Dolls), the incredible ease of each and every event ultimately renders the game worthless for most seasoned gamers.