7.0

1. Apr 2, 2013
    There are many good memories to be had with this game, everything from Dr. Ryuta Kawashima telling me how stupid my brain is to stressful calculations and word games. The game includes fun exercises like speedy calculations, change-making, and piano playing, but at some point, all of those little practices will get repetitive and you will likely drop your whole brain routine in maybe a month. It's a shame, too, because the game does execute quite nicely. I remember starting off with the brain of a 34-year-old to the brain of a 25-year-old, and I was 15 at that time. The game persistently tracks your progress, and even the good doctor is quite encouraging (and very quirky). Oh, and did I mention it has tons of sudoku puzzles to complete? But here are the problems with the game: exercises involving text will eventually repeat itself at some point in time, making the minigame a chore, instead. By the way, don't believe the kid that has the syllable minigame world record. He already knew what the answers were because he played it beforehand. And that's another problem: usually, exercises not involving math will not only not be recorded after doing them a second time in a day, but they will also repeat itself, limiting the play time of the game. Also, after playing all of those games for days and keeping a solid brain workout routine, Brain Age 2 will eventually get repetitive, and you will drop routine after maybe a month. But that does not mean in any way that you shouldn't get the game. Expand
  2. Nov 23, 2013
    I never played the original Brain Age, but from I got from the this game, I like. The concept is original, and your brain actually feels like your excercising. There are some puzzles that pretty boring, but this is a great game to pick up and play.

1. The new challenges are fun, but there's not really enough different stuff here to make it a must-have purchase if you've already got the first one. [Aug 2007, p.60]
  2. The challenges included are great, the more full-featured games are excellent and the multiplayer games are a must play if you have friends with handhelds.
  3. It's a tired cliche, but it's never been more true - if you liked the first game, you should like this too. If you never played the first one, though, this is the better option. [Aug 2007, p.82]