Brain Boost: Beta Wave DS

2.5

1. MatthewR.
    Apr 2, 2007
    I purchased Brain Boost beta wave not too long ago and I have a good opinion of it. Graphics and Storyline are lame, but that's not the focus of the game. Reading the instruction manual, it says that you will see a noticeable increase in brain development after consistently doing the exercises for three months, and no one really has the motivation or discipline to do just that. When I purchased Brain Boost beta wave not too long ago and I have a good opinion of it. Graphics and Storyline are lame, but that's not the focus of the game. Reading the instruction manual, it says that you will see a noticeable increase in brain development after consistently doing the exercises for three months, and no one really has the motivation or discipline to do just that. When you actually get down to it, this game has something the other Nintendo Brain Games do not - Difficulty Factor. I have a well above average I.Q. and I have trouble doing the addition on level 1 at 100% consistently. Add in a race against the clock with bonus points for every second left, that clock giving only 5 seconds, and you have an incredibly difficult time achieving high scores. Given my disposition for self improvement I find this game highly frustrating in it's difficulty, and that alone is a cause for addiction to eliminate that frustration with work. All in all I think the negative reviews are just by lazy people who don't wish to appreciate the beauty or satisfaction of doing and completing something as difficult as this game is in the higher levels. Do you have what it takes? Expand

#47 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006

Unfortunately, the decision to split things across two titles makes each game feel like an overpriced demo, proving the old adage that the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts.
    The Brain Boost games ride the success of Big Brain Academy and Brain Age, but fail to actually understand why they were successful to begin with. And that's just not smart.
  3. But, if you're buying this game because you honestly think it's going to make you smarter, it won't. And if you're buying this game because you actually think it's going to be fun, it isn't. That's really the bottom line.