7.5

1. Oct 13, 2011
    I love Diddy Kong Racing. Mario Kart Racing DS is NOT superior, but is. However Diddy Kong has a hovercraft, a plane, and a car and you can upgrade them to go faster, and there are two never-ending story modes + race tracks, so I'd say it's really a nice choice. It has speed ups, bananas, oils, magnetism, invincibility, and rockets and boss battles. I really love the graphics, but theI love Diddy Kong Racing. Mario Kart Racing DS is NOT superior, but is. However Diddy Kong has a hovercraft, a plane, and a car and you can upgrade them to go faster, and there are two never-ending story modes + race tracks, so I'd say it's really a nice choice. It has speed ups, bananas, oils, magnetism, invincibility, and rockets and boss battles. I really love the graphics, but the beginning storyline video is just disappointing and a bit long, but the rest is completely worth it. Two thumbs and two toes up! Definitely purchase this over Mario Kart. A lot cheaper, but that's not understood by the reviewer. Collapse
  2. Jun 13, 2011
    it fun game and nice to play when you on the go but it not best racing game for the ds but it fun game
  3. NoahW.
    Jun 3, 2007
    Great game but the weapons lack the enjoyability that mario kart has and The bosses can get extremely annoying...but unless you have mario kart, get it.
  4. SamJ.
    May 4, 2007
    This game is just as good as Mario Kart. The graphics are not great but the gameplay is extremely enjoyable. Two thumbs up!
  5. BenM.
    Mar 10, 2007
    This is an amazing game thats really fun. I personally think this game is better than Mario Cart DS even though it has a lower rating because there is an adventure mode and more vehicles. The wifi status of the two games are basically the same. Thanks RARE for the great game!
  6. KungFuFurby
    Feb 24, 2007
    I frown upon this game. The game has good gameplay and most of the graphics are good (I disliked Tiny Kong's), but I dislike the vocals! What are you people doing to the vocals!? Those vocals were absolutely terrible! I usually feel OK with games that do poor on the ratings, but games that I have played in the past make me hope that the game is a good port. Well, it is for the I frown upon this game. The game has good gameplay and most of the graphics are good (I disliked Tiny Kong's), but I dislike the vocals! What are you people doing to the vocals!? Those vocals were absolutely terrible! I usually feel OK with games that do poor on the ratings, but games that I have played in the past make me hope that the game is a good port. Well, it is for the graphics, but terrible for the vocals! I knew the originals went in the trash because most of those vocals were terrible! Bumper and Tiny were OK, but the others stunk. Sorry, but this game needs improvements to sound so that it can retain the original N64 spirit. Expand
  7. ThomasM.
    Feb 3, 2007
    This game is essentially a port of the N64 version, with four new tracks, a couple new drivers, and some DS bells and whistles. It's still a fun racer, though the hovercraft is unwieldy due to lack of analog control. It may be an unfair comparison, but Mario Kart DS beats the pants off this.
  8. Oct 13, 2011

1. Like its predecessor, Diddy Kong Racing DS has a Mario Kart game to compete with, but also enough unique features to make it a kart-racing contender. [Mar. 2007, p.87]
  2. Diddy Kong Racing DS is a decent racer with plenty to do and some interesting new content, but the seemingly endless amount of tasks you must complete to enjoy all of it may irritate anyone who simply wants to race.
    Diddy Kong Racing's a good product with some first-generation blues dragging it down. The fantastic online and customization focus offset some of the clunky items that made it into the design...but don't think we're going to turn a blind eye to the stupid stuff.