Flipnote Studio DS

8.4

1. Aug 30, 2011
    Flipnote Studios is undoubtedly an excellent application for its price. (Which is free.) You can create really impressive animations, but the quality of course depends on your artistic ability. You can create anything from animations, to "comic books" that you manually turn the page. But, as many users of the Flipnote sharing service Hatena have discovered, you can draw a picture of anFlipnote Studios is undoubtedly an excellent application for its price. (Which is free.) You can create really impressive animations, but the quality of course depends on your artistic ability. You can create anything from animations, to "comic books" that you manually turn the page. But, as many users of the Flipnote sharing service Hatena have discovered, you can draw a picture of an adorable animal with a sign that says "Adopt me for 100 Stars," and gullible users will add 100 stars to the drawing to "adopt" it, forcing this little doodle to the top of the "most popular" page. There are also flips with a song recorded from YouTube, which says "Download for 50 stars." People will then add 50 stars to perform a download which is free, and forcing this "no-effort" note into the popular section.

These can be ignored if you want, but the fact is that most Flipnotes on the Hatena site won't fit your tastes. But if you have a DSi and want to try your hand at some animating, Download Flipnotes. It's probably pre-loaded if you have a newer device. It's a blast to animate, and even if your actual "animations" don't get popular on the Hatena at least you had fun making them.

Check out my Creator Page if you want: Command Code is L R L Up Y L L L
    Fave me and I'll add you. Haha bye
  2. Oct 16, 2010
    Fun, free, and deep. What is there to complain about? The website is also great. Small download, as well. There is seriously nothing to really complain about.
  3. Jun 4, 2011
    Interface of this application was made as simple as possible. So even the most talentless in drawing people (like me) can draw with fun. And Flipnote Agenda's idea is just awesome! I'm sure people made a lot of masterpieces for only being popular there. My rate is superb! 10.0!
  4. KaiK
    Aug 30, 2009
    While the DSi is a impressive hand held game system, it need a a unique feature from other hand held devices. Filpnote Studios is a system selling app and its absolutely free. Flipnotes Studios allows the user to easily create simple animations and add sound affects to them. You can upload your animation on a custom site like Youtube. You can rate and comment on other peoples work and While the DSi is a impressive hand held game system, it need a a unique feature from other hand held devices. Filpnote Studios is a system selling app and its absolutely free. Flipnotes Studios allows the user to easily create simple animations and add sound affects to them. You can upload your animation on a custom site like Youtube. You can rate and comment on other peoples work and interact with other users via a e-mail system on the DSi. If your a DSi owner or planning to be one, immediately download this DSi ware title. Its free and worth your time. Expand
  5. PeterO
    Nov 6, 2009
    Even if you don't like drawing(which i doubt many won't), the whoe website is awesome. Free too!
  6. FredB
    Aug 14, 2009
    Do you remember making flip book movies when you were a kid? Well, this free DSI application is a flip book makers's dream come true! With "Flick Book" unlimited frames of animation (hand drawn or photos) can be strung together to make animation shorts or loops. The animation can be set to any speed you chose; sound effects and music can even be added. The trick here is that you can Do you remember making flip book movies when you were a kid? Well, this free DSI application is a flip book makers's dream come true! With "Flick Book" unlimited frames of animation (hand drawn or photos) can be strung together to make animation shorts or loops. The animation can be set to any speed you chose; sound effects and music can even be added. The trick here is that you can chose to see the last frame drawn so that you can trace the next on top of it, you can even copy a frame and use it as your background and then animate on top of it! This is easiliy the most creative application yet on the DS. You can even post your "films" to a "DS website" where others can view your work, or you can just go and check out (and rate) all the films others have created. Expand
  7. BenC
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fun, Free, its fun with a whole load of customisation. Could of used more colours though :(.
  8. KGunby
    Aug 23, 2009
    This program is AMAZING. The quality of animation you can achieve with this is only limited by your artistic ability and how much time you have. It can be a little difficult to discover all of the stuff you can do with the advanced settings, but with experimentation, you'll get it.
  9. JacobE
    Oct 17, 2009
    Flipnote Studio is easily one of the best products in the DSi Shop. It has an included website to upload, download, and comment flipnotes, and did I mention it's free? Over 15 dollars in value, replayability value, and fun animations all free. All DSi owners should own this, whether or not they are fans of the genre.
  10. Sep 28, 2013
    A beautiful software with many options and tricks to find. It's a must have, especially considering that it's free to download. Although the value is lessened by the fact that Flipnote Hatena (the sharing site within the DSi) is now defunct, the software itself is still wonderful. I'm eagerly looking forward to the 3DS version.
  11. Jul 25, 2016
    Holy
    ****
    I **** love this **** ****
    This **** was my childhood all in one.
    I **** balled my eyes out the day Hatena was shut down.
    It's **** amazing.

#12 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009
#47 Most Shared DS Game of 2009

After toying with the program for hours and seeing co-workers' reactions and excitement, both in what I produced and how easy it is to use, I'm now comfortable in saying that there's a real reason to own a DSi system. Flipnote Studio is the system seller Nintendo really needs.
  2. Flipnote Studio is simply essential. It's a superb animation application and it's completely free. All DSi owners should download it.
  3. While the program is simple enough for people of all ages to create a project, it still manages to offer up an almost endless amount of creative power limited only by the amount of time and effort users are willing to put into their projects.