Jagged Alliance DS

7.9

1. Mar 11, 2011
    A really disappointing Jagged version for the DS: A lot of features were dropped: there are several issues concerning the motivation curve that drops down in later stages because of bad design decisions (accuracy, fire rate, different hit boxes, more "casual actions" possible etc.). That's why It's even not a good PC port, sadly. ,*-( Technically, the game isn't bad, but lacks of smoothA really disappointing Jagged version for the DS: A lot of features were dropped: there are several issues concerning the motivation curve that drops down in later stages because of bad design decisions (accuracy, fire rate, different hit boxes, more "casual actions" possible etc.). That's why It's even not a good PC port, sadly. ,*-( Technically, the game isn't bad, but lacks of smooth scrolling. It's just a shame, that nothing new was added and the game feels a little bit "unfinished". Expand
  2. DanG
    May 27, 2009
    A faithful port of a solid game. The control takes some getting used to, but nothing terrible. I hope this game will make enough money to produce a great sequel.
  3. MasonSavage
    Jul 5, 2009
    Good to see some people still care about porting old classics. Mathias B you are should not be allowed to review anything if you are going to half your rating score simply because of the left handed thing. I am left handed and the game plays fine, quit being a whiny child. You must not game at all because the percentage of games that allow for "left handing" is maybe 5.
  4. alexander
    Jun 23, 2009
    In my opinion, this is a very good game! I can understand that some people don't like these kind of games (it's old, slow, awkward graphics), but for me having fun is much more important. The controls aren't bad either. It's very easy, once you've got used to it, to work with the touch screen. Imo the ign review isn't a very professional one, it's like heIn my opinion, this is a very good game! I can understand that some people don't like these kind of games (it's old, slow, awkward graphics), but for me having fun is much more important. The controls aren't bad either. It's very easy, once you've got used to it, to work with the touch screen. Imo the ign review isn't a very professional one, it's like he only cares about his personal opinion, instead of looking at the facts. Expand
  5. MathiasB
    May 24, 2009
    Quite the same as the 90's PC release, but there is NO left-handed player option in the menu. I would have given a 10 so it's half the note for half an ergonomy.
  6. DaveH
    May 26, 2009
    If you played the first Jagged Alliance back in the day, it's worth it for the trip down memory lane. If you're new to the series, I could see having some trouble with what's going on. Some old school mechanics could have been changed. If you have the $30 and want a portable tactical shooter, you can't go wrong!
  7. KeithB.
    Jun 7, 2009
    That Cheat Code Central review makes me want to puke: "This game, by today's standards, is incredibly boring," yeah right, as if games have gotten MORE FUN in the last 15 years. Are you out of your mind? Anyone can tell that games have been dumbed-down so that they can be sold to NON-GAMERS - people who don't give a shit about games. Sigh. Anyway, if you DO really care about That Cheat Code Central review makes me want to puke: "This game, by today's standards, is incredibly boring," yeah right, as if games have gotten MORE FUN in the last 15 years. Are you out of your mind? Anyone can tell that games have been dumbed-down so that they can be sold to NON-GAMERS - people who don't give a shit about games. Sigh. Anyway, if you DO really care about games, check out Jagged Alliance, and its sequel #2 is just outstanding! Expand
  8. EdKackay
    Aug 14, 2009
    Played the game - it is perfect! I used to play old PC version and I like NDS version, too. It is the same. I do not think the art is ugly. Hey, its NDS with small screen, low memory... what do you expect? The game is big, complex, quite hard with interesting non-linear story. It took me 3 weeks to get in the last scenario, but it is tough to beat!

1. This game, by today’s standards, is incredibly boring, but there are many hours of play time here for those who get into it. Also, those who enjoyed the original PC game will get a kick out of the faithful reproduction.
  2. This classic turn-based strategy game feels old and slow on the Nintendo DS.
  3. Jagged Alliance marks the beginning of a new renaissance of turn-based modern warfare, then I will be the happiest gamer in the world. Militaires Sans Frontieres!