6.2

1. WallidK
    Mar 31, 2009
    I really wanted this game to be good. I really did. However, this game goes beyond disappointment. I almost cried. Anyway, I'll start with the good stuff: The voice acting is really good (with anime-like quality), the characters seem to have a lot of personality, and the interface isn't hard to look at. However, the bad outweighs the good so much that the good made its own pit I really wanted this game to be good. I really did. However, this game goes beyond disappointment. I almost cried. Anyway, I'll start with the good stuff: The voice acting is really good (with anime-like quality), the characters seem to have a lot of personality, and the interface isn't hard to look at. However, the bad outweighs the good so much that the good made its own pit to hell and incinerated any redeeming quality I had of this game. There is almost no interactions with you and the storyline, the boss fights are just scribbling your screen, and the translation is so bad that I beat the game and still don't know what the hell happened. Whatever you do, don't buy this game. You'll end up falling into the pit to hell that it cleverly concealed on top of a nice box art. Expand

#29 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009
#27 Most Shared DS Game of 2009

1. Nintendo Power
    It may look and - thanks to strong voice acting - sound like a potentially compelling anime series, but as a playable video game, Lux-Pain is a nonstarter. [Apr 2009, p.85]
    Lux-Pain sports a slick anime art style, which is quickly overshadowed by inane seek-and-find gameplay and a baffling story. This is a very strange choice of game for Ignition to localize.
    The premise, when paraphrased, is an interesting one and as a huge fan of last year's Time Hollow and any good mystery in general, I'm always willing to sit through any amount of text if it provides a means to an end, or at the very least, something somewhat cohesive. Lux-Pain fails on both accounts, serving as a poorly thrown together, somewhat interactive novel that really doesn't know what it wants to be - or, if it does know, it certainly doesn't want to be a game.