8.5

1. Jan 9, 2011
    I don't see what's so good about this game. If you want an addictive game for the DS, I would suggest either New Super Mario Bros. or Mario Kart DS.
  2. May 3, 2011
    I signed up for Metacritic just so I could give a negative review for this game. It is not an RPG. It is a series of touch-based minigames that increase in difficulty and soon become ridiculous.
  3. Mar 31, 2014
    I love the Paper Mario series thus my reasoning to buy this. I first found it to be fun and new. But as the "mini games" started to pile up and I started to get into the ridiculously boring "monster" battles. So to take a break from the hundreds of boss battles, I went off exploring. But that was boring too. I found myself moaning and groaning as I moved on. By the time I got to the giant robot fight I was done. Too mentally burnt out to play. I was just that sick of the Mario Bros doing mini games in Bowser and Bowser taking part in horribly boring battles. I just didn't care to beat the boss and move on to even more redundant battles and bloody mini games. Just not my cup of tea. Expand

1. Fans who loved the first two games shouldn't hesitate in picking up Bowser's Inside Story. It features everything that makes the series enjoyable and adds onto it everything but the kitchen sink. Despite a few minor flaws, it's a game that features an ingenious game design synonymous with Nintendo games and is easily one of the best DS games of the year.
  2. The bottom line on Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is that it's one of those games that every DS owner should buy, period. Regardless of your feelings about RPGs, the title is just so entertaining and well-executed that you're nearly guaranteed to love it.
  3. The freshest, most vital RPG on the DS for ages. You'd be daft to pass it up. [Nov 2009, p.76]