Meteos DS

7.6

1. Joeking
    Apr 19, 2007
    Wildly entertaining for a few hours... until you realize that there really isn't much strategy in it at all. It gets to a point where all that matters is how quickly you can wave your stylus around to get lucky. Fun, but limited.
  2. Mitch
    May 30, 2007
    Not as good as Tetris. Gets boring quickly.
  3. Aug 16, 2011
    Don't get me wrong, I'm no hater of this game, it can be quite fun, but how this got a higher Metascore than thee likes of The World Ends With You, Castlevania, New Super Mario Bros and the rest is completely beyond me. There's just nothing 'Amazing' about the game. Through and through it's ok - good for the most part, but, it's a simple puzzler, that might last you a couple of hours tops.Don't get me wrong, I'm no hater of this game, it can be quite fun, but how this got a higher Metascore than thee likes of The World Ends With You, Castlevania, New Super Mario Bros and the rest is completely beyond me. There's just nothing 'Amazing' about the game. Through and through it's ok - good for the most part, but, it's a simple puzzler, that might last you a couple of hours tops. The aim is to slide these blocks around on the lower screen to send them hurtling onto the Top-Screen into a planet. But whilst you can try to be strategic, it's so excrutiatingly hard that in a short while you will be swiping at the screen randomly as soon enough the frustration gets to you as the blocks pile up and you lose control. The problem with Meteos is, that in a good puzzler, you wouldn't be able to complete the game within half an hour by swiping at the screen, but with Meteos, this is the only option if you don't want to throw your DS down with anger from seeing those stupid blocks pile up!!! In the end, Meteos is a solid concept and fun for a couple of hours, and it's definitely worth buying at it's current price, but it should be nowhere near this high in the DS charts. 70 possibly? Yes it's well deserving of that. 80? You could stretch there but your being generous. Almost 90? Pfftt, you really are on a different planet. In summary, Meteos is worth it's price tag, but don't expect it to be what the reviews make it out to be. Expand
  4. RobinH.
    Sep 10, 2005
    Poor pacing makes this difficult to get exicted about. Fiction especially odd, and you can scribble-cheat pretty consistently. Irritating sound effects don't help. I was disappointed!

#3 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#4 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

Outside of being a great showcase for the DS itself, Meteos is also a fantastic, dizzyingly fast puzzle game that leaves an addictive aftertaste not seen since the likes of "Tetris Attack."
  2. A born sleeper hit. It's one of the best puzzlers in a long time, with wireless multiplayer and plenty of unlockable features to keep gamers coming back. [JPN Import]
  3. With solo modes consisting of time trials, endurance tests or battles against virtual players, and wickedly competitive multiplayer games, Meteos is the most compellingly perfect puzzler we've played in years. [NGC Pocket]