7.5

1. Aug 16, 2011
    Don't get me wrong, I'm no hater of this game, it can be quite fun, but how this got a higher Metascore than thee likes of The World Ends With You, Castlevania, New Super Mario Bros and the rest is completely beyond me. There's just nothing 'Amazing' about the game. Through and through it's ok - good for the most part, but, it's a simple puzzler, that might last you a couple of hours tops.Don't get me wrong, I'm no hater of this game, it can be quite fun, but how this got a higher Metascore than thee likes of The World Ends With You, Castlevania, New Super Mario Bros and the rest is completely beyond me. There's just nothing 'Amazing' about the game. Through and through it's ok - good for the most part, but, it's a simple puzzler, that might last you a couple of hours tops. The aim is to slide these blocks around on the lower screen to send them hurtling onto the Top-Screen into a planet. But whilst you can try to be strategic, it's so excrutiatingly hard that in a short while you will be swiping at the screen randomly as soon enough the frustration gets to you as the blocks pile up and you lose control. The problem with Meteos is, that in a good puzzler, you wouldn't be able to complete the game within half an hour by swiping at the screen, but with Meteos, this is the only option if you don't want to throw your DS down with anger from seeing those stupid blocks pile up!!! In the end, Meteos is a solid concept and fun for a couple of hours, and it's definitely worth buying at it's current price, but it should be nowhere near this high in the DS charts. 70 possibly? Yes it's well deserving of that. 80? You could stretch there but your being generous. Almost 90? Pfftt, you really are on a different planet. In summary, Meteos is worth it's price tag, but don't expect it to be what the reviews make it out to be. Expand
  2. Jul 3, 2011
    A true baby from Tetris "him"self, Meteos introduces a unique, but addicting puzzle game. I love the many different planets and the changing mechanics for each of them, which offers variety to the simple puzzle game. If I had to offer one setback for this game, it would be to stick with a stylus, because you WILL break your screen when you become addicted to it. But all jokes aside, iA true baby from Tetris "him"self, Meteos introduces a unique, but addicting puzzle game. I love the many different planets and the changing mechanics for each of them, which offers variety to the simple puzzle game. If I had to offer one setback for this game, it would be to stick with a stylus, because you WILL break your screen when you become addicted to it. But all jokes aside, i would bring this game for the road and my hour long trips to enjoy. Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    This is a great game. I cannot stress this enough. It has great multiplayer (ds download play) and awesome gameplay. On a scale of one to ten... I would give this game an 11. It is just fantastic. In my opinion, this game is worth much more than its price.

Outside of being a great showcase for the DS itself, Meteos is also a fantastic, dizzyingly fast puzzle game that leaves an addictive aftertaste not seen since the likes of "Tetris Attack."
  2. A born sleeper hit. It's one of the best puzzlers in a long time, with wireless multiplayer and plenty of unlockable features to keep gamers coming back. [JPN Import]
  3. With solo modes consisting of time trials, endurance tests or battles against virtual players, and wickedly competitive multiplayer games, Meteos is the most compellingly perfect puzzler we've played in years. [NGC Pocket]