6.6

1. Aug 2, 2011
    I usually never see good movie games. But this one does it. It's actually fun, and one of the only good movie games out there. If you like movie games, this is a must own. Although, if you follow major lore of the book or movie, this one doesn't necessarily have the same story as either? 8 out of 10.
  2. May 26, 2013
    I love the Percy Jackson books. the movie? not so good, so I wasn't expecting this game to be that good. surprisingly, I ended up playing a licensed game better than its movie. the plot, surprisingly, follows the book more than the movie does. it includes much more from the book than the movie, like the three furies at the bus stop, or Ares playing a part. it isn't exactly like the book,I love the Percy Jackson books. the movie? not so good, so I wasn't expecting this game to be that good. surprisingly, I ended up playing a licensed game better than its movie. the plot, surprisingly, follows the book more than the movie does. it includes much more from the book than the movie, like the three furies at the bus stop, or Ares playing a part. it isn't exactly like the book, but still does a better job than the movie. the gameplay is... different. it blends tactical and turn-based rpg elements to make up a great gameplay mechanic. it's very fun, and I love the feeling of leveling up my team and unlocking new things. the soundtrack is pretty enjoyable. I can't remember some tracks, but for the most part, it's memorable. the graphics are probably the game's worst part. the character models and backgrounds look incredibly bland, and the fact that some older games have better graphics is just sad. another problem is sound effects. the sound effects sound distorted,, and can get pretty annoying at times. Overall, Percy Jackson is a good rpg that can satisfy both Percy Jackson fans and rpg fans. it's gameplay is pretty unique, and the story does well with it following the book more closely than the movie. Expand
  3. TSW
    Oct 27, 2014
    People like this game? It's broken and full of glitches. The story bogus and has nothing to do the awful films or brilliant books! The characters are nothing like they are in any other form. The enemies are annoying and infuriatingly hard defeat but the they can sometimes be evilly easy to kill. The bosses have no build up and the music is atrocious and bland! All in all this game is evil!

1. Percy Jackson might not make a splash when it comes to movie tie-in games, but fans of turn-based combat might find some redeeming qualities in this otherwise bare-bones game.
    Percy Jackson & the Olympians is not a particularly horrid game, just an undistinguished one that does little to inspire anyone unfamiliar with its source into playing it.
    Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief can only be described as mediocre. Light variations on the classic turn-based concept won't keep your focus long. Hardcore turn-based RPG gamers will find this game too limiting and the fans of the books and movie will not get into this genre deep enough to create a massive buzz.