8.6

1. Dec 26, 2012
    I'll admit that I dislike most pokemon that appeared after Silver and Gold but I still bought all of the games and I did enjoy playing them, even if my pokemon looked like a lab experiment gone wrong! I managed to get through White but couldn't bring myself to go another lap around the Pokemon White track. Now I've faced my biggest challenge of all, Pokemon White Version 2... I had my doubts when I bought the game and to be honest I shouldn't have tried it but I made that mistake and I can honestly say that this was Terrible. Pokemon is about being able to like your pokemon and be happy and a little proud at how well you're little guys are doing, this game made me want to drown each and every one of the ugly critters. What happened to pokemon that looked cool or cute? Now we have pokemon that are just blobs stuck together and make pained gargling sounds.
    The new Rival system that seems to have come about is tedious as I don't feel the need to beat them like I once did, Oaks grandson thought he was the sun and we all revolved around him, I played that game not to be the best trainer but to knock him from his high horse. When I played Silver my rival was a crook who I was determined to show the error of his ways, even Ruby, which had your rival as a friend was great as it felt fresh and like a new direction. Now we receive the same back story almost like the developers are scared of inter human violence! The game is about animal beating the stuffing out of each other for crying out loud! There are many issues that I have with this game but the bottom line is that I find it unplayable. I am not interested in the pokemon or the characters and I couldn't care less if the Unova region sank into the sea. The thing I realised from this game is that 'Just because you have millions of ideas, doesn't mean you need to show them all off as sometime it destroys what you already had'
    Of course this is just my view on the game. I will always think that the Kento and Johto pokemon are the best.

1. Mar 20, 2013
    They're still good games, but there's nothing overtly special about them that makes them stand out from the rest of the series or, more importantly, Black and White 1.
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    Pokémon Black and White 2 are the best Pokémon games thus far. The amount of activities you can participate in is delightful, the storyline surprisingly engaging, and the new gym design fun. The biggest complaint stems from the horrible implementation of new difficulty levels. I loved the idea of having a harder difficulty for my quest, but implementing it only in one game of the pair, and even then unlocking it after I've actually played through the game, is simply old fashioned and bad game design. [Nov 2012]
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    Fans of Pokémon already knows what to expect from this game, and it has as usual the same high quality standard we are spoiled with. The lack of new regions or a lot more Pokémon's makes the game feel a little bit too familiar with the previous one, so much that I would call this an extremely well done expansion rather than a new game.