8.0

1. Jan 20, 2012
    Creatures Inc. and Pokemon Corp. should think of a newer spin off than the serie with the same plot. I am disgusted by the black and white pokemons they were ridiculously not memorable. They are like trashes that came along to the series.
  2. Apr 3, 2012
    Bah. I hated this game. I have hated Pokemon since they made crappy remakes of Gold and Silver. If you asked me I would put Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Silver somewhere on my top 10 list of favourite games ever. This would barely make my 1000th.
    First, they made the controls even harder by adding even MORE touchscreen stuff.
    Second, it is EXACTLY THE SAME AS SOULSILVER WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pokemon
    was better when it was NOT THE SAME GAME EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, Red and Blue are practically the same as Crystal, but they were actually original.

The END!!!!
  3. May 7, 2012
    If you've played the previous Pokemon games in the GBA or GBC, then you'd know that this game is not the best in the series. The Pokemon series is going downhill because of the lack of creativity. My all time favorite will be Emerald Version. The Pokemon series is going downhill and now the games are starting too. I'd say, Gamefreak should just create a Pokemon game where you can travel in Kanto, Johto and Hoenn in a new story. Maybe Sinnoh. Since its got a lot of cool Pokemon and is the LAST best. Expand
  4. Sep 20, 2013
    What a waste of a game. First off, you cannot get older pokemon only all of the newer and dumber ones. Secondly, if you pick black you get the white legendary and if you pick white you get the black legendary because that makes perfect sense. As for everything else, have you played any other pokemon game? Yes, then you have absolutely no reason to play this one because it's just the same only Nintendo must've put their retard hats on when making it. Expand
  5. Feb 1, 2014
    Pokemon reached its peak early on with Gen 2 (Gold/Silver), still considered the best generation of Pokemon. Gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) and Gen 4 (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) simply couldn't live up to the legacy of Gen 2. But, at least with those games, you could tell that Game Freak tried, and they cared about the Pokemon franchise back then. Cue Gen 5, and you'd have a hard time believing they ever cared at all. First off, imagine everything you've come to know and love about Pokemon, gone flying out the window. The game does not have any of the older Pokemon at all until you beat the story, instead you have to put up with the lame new Pokemon for 90% of the game. This really ruins the experience because nobody wants to be stuck with a team consisting of all crappy useless Pokemon, save for maybe your Starter, who will be the only one who can do jack crap. This is also the most gimmicky generation yet, featuring hordes of new crap that I can't be pissed to remember what it was all called, and ends up forgetting to tend to the core gameplay itself, and speaking of which... the battle system is the least polished in the series yet. It's actually a step backwards from the previous generations. All these flaws, and more, make for what was the worst Pokemon game at is time. But if you thought this was bad, you'll **** yourself when you see Black 2/White 2, which manages to be even WORSE, and ultimately drove the Pokemon series into the ground, maybe for good. and as for X/Y, that one was average. The last good Pokemon game they made was HeartGold/SoulSilver, and even then it was probably because that one was a remake of Gold/Silver. Expand
  6. Sep 25, 2013
    Sorry for such a harsh rating for such a popular title, but this game just did not impress me. Being the long term pokemon fan I am (since pokemon originated), i just found this one lacking and being aggravating in so many ways. Not to mention some of the new pokemon just seem pathetic and look like something the makers just whipped up because they were running out of ideas. I mean, an ice cream cone pokemon? Really? I sold this game before even reaching the ending to it. Yes, the main pokemon (on the cover) is cool and all but that's about it, Expand
  7. Feb 28, 2014
    Things I liked: + Its still the same Pokémon combat. + Bulbapedia documented this game this game better than all other games until X and Y came out. + The dual-screen cutscene was cool. Things I didn't like: - Pokémon games kept getting more complex while not making gameplay more fun than Gen 2 in my opinion. - There was way more of this beauty contest, grooming, etc **** in your face.
    - ENCOUNTERS EVERY 2 GOD DAMN STEPS.
    - The story was ridiculous.
    - The game felt slow. I play Crystal on emulator with speedup, so it might be me, but progress just doesn't feel fast. So even if I emulated it, it wouldn't be my choice based on progression.
    - The dual-screen Cutscene. :P It slowed the game down so it can be a plus and a neg.
    - Double Battles. Now they're not just with trainers, they're in the wild.
    - No clear instructions post beating elite four for first time.
    - One ROM still only gets you 1 save slot. C'mon Nintendo. Just c'mon.

Overall, I don't want to go back to the game. I know the majority of people love what's been changing in Pokémon, but I think the game designers went wrong a few ways. They tried to fix things that didn't need fixing. And all the things they actually improved on were the things I didn't care about or didn't like. The ROM I played it on doesn't need to burn or anything. But the game shall go ignored by me if its lucky. =P Score: 3/10

PS. You know what would be cool? A drive-thru combination PokéCenter and -Mart. It would just take 1 pump of a defibrillator and you're back on your journey. Might not make actual health sense, but it is an idea that I have for making healing less time consuming and the game more fun.

1. Jun 5, 2011
    Learning from the past without ever taking his eyes off the present, this is the pinnacle of the series to date and proof that sometimes you don't need a revolution to give new life to a franchise.
  2. Apr 7, 2011
    One of the best generations of Pokemon titles to date, Black & White take almost all of the best elements from the series and then carefully craft it into something truly wonderful; recreating that same sense of adventure from the very first titles.
  3. Mar 31, 2011
    Almost a franchise reboot, Pokémon Black & White is your ultimate Pokémon experience. Overall better than previous generations by any means, this new installment manages to inspire on veteran players a sense of wonder and awe gone missing years ago. The new adventure flows better and is much more intriguing and challenging but of course you are not going to change your mind if you hate Pikachu and friends.