8.7

1. Sean
    Apr 23, 2007
    Addictive as hell! Played it everyday since I bought it. Locked up a couple times, but it saves your game so often, you'll hardly notice. The story is a little lacking, but the gameplay makes up for it. It's a must buy puzzle game! Best thing since Tetris on the original NES.
  2. Fred
    Apr 3, 2007
    Fantastic. My new addiction. I guess the reviewer at Nintendo Power is bad at the game. Sometimes it does seem like the AI gets a few more chains than you do, but the player has far more tools at their disposal. Once you're used to a class and their best spells and have gotten a few spells by other means, you should be winning more often than not against an opponent around your Fantastic. My new addiction. I guess the reviewer at Nintendo Power is bad at the game. Sometimes it does seem like the AI gets a few more chains than you do, but the player has far more tools at their disposal. Once you're used to a class and their best spells and have gotten a few spells by other means, you should be winning more often than not against an opponent around your level. Those interested but unsure should check out the PC demo which gives a basic idea of combat. The depth of the RPG elements and different puzzle types was a pleasant surprise. Expand
  3. DavidW.
    Apr 5, 2007
    This game is complicated, but good. As literally Zelda meets Bejeweled, it pulls off both aspects admirably. However, each element of the two may seem unwieldy to those unaccustomed to either form of game; it could use more tutorials or help on how to play strategically in the jewel-based combat, and the vast intricacy of the quest/item/citadel aspect, which is certainly not to be This game is complicated, but good. As literally Zelda meets Bejeweled, it pulls off both aspects admirably. However, each element of the two may seem unwieldy to those unaccustomed to either form of game; it could use more tutorials or help on how to play strategically in the jewel-based combat, and the vast intricacy of the quest/item/citadel aspect, which is certainly not to be overlooked. Overall, it's addictive on many levels, fun on many levels, fiendish, well-presented and a fantastic game. Recommended for all DS owners who like puzzles or, indeed, quests. Expand
  4. ChristoT.
    Mar 19, 2007
    A fusion of puzzle, RPG character building with strategic elements that really works. perfectly crafted for handheld gaming, with well rendered 2D visuals.
  5. Laura
    Apr 13, 2007
    Nintendo Power has lost my confidence in them. This game is one of the funnest DS games I have ever played and the replay value is very high as well. The price for this game is very low. A must have title!
  6. TygerK.
    Apr 19, 2007
    If ever I played a game that deserved a 10, this has been it. The RPG aspect could outweigh the puzzle aspect, if played right, It is different things to different people, but it's a great game. I look forward to many more from this team and more games like this one, my wallets already open.
  7. BobU.
    Apr 4, 2007
    A great combination of 2 genres. Bejeweled meets Diablo. Maybe the Nintendo power folks are upset the big N didn't think of this first? Personally I think it's one of the best DS games available - yet oddly hard to locate at retail stores. Addictive is the best word to sum it up.
  8. JoeT.
    May 17, 2007
    Easily the best purchase (price to gameplay ratio) I've made for the DS. Incredibly addicting. If you like Bejeweled but found it just a bit repetitive and stagnate, this game is absolutely perfect. I haven't finished it yet and I'm already praying for a sequel.
  9. CoryG.
    Jan 15, 2008
    Puzzle Quest is easily the most addicting and fun game to come out on the DS in a very long time. The battle system is fantastic enough to keep you interested through the otherwise boring story mode. The four different classes each play differantly enough to encourage multiple playthroughs, and each playthrough will last you easily over 10 hours, even without doing all the sidequests. Puzzle Quest is easily the most addicting and fun game to come out on the DS in a very long time. The battle system is fantastic enough to keep you interested through the otherwise boring story mode. The four different classes each play differantly enough to encourage multiple playthroughs, and each playthrough will last you easily over 10 hours, even without doing all the sidequests. Some annoying AI and s few bugs hold it back slightly, but the DS is still the best version of the game available, thanks to the dual screen layout and touch controls. Highly recommended. Expand
  10. DustinL.
    Oct 28, 2007
    Easy to pick up and play. The RPG element keeps you coming back. It has been a long time since I played a RPG, and the experience may make me jump back into the genre.
  11. RedKnight
    Mar 22, 2007
    Awesome game. Game of the year for me. Beautiful 2d graphics. Very well-balanced. Lots of stuff to do and collect. Extremely addictive.
  12. ThomasP
    Mar 27, 2007
    Don't listen to the folks at Nintendo Power. Puzzle Quest is a must-have for any DS owner.
  13. ChrisS.
    Mar 29, 2007
    This game takes a very solid game, bejeweled, and adds the addictive elements of an RPG. Puzzle Quest is the perfect mobile game: it has plenty of places to stop and put it down, but you never want to.
  14. Jason
    Apr 19, 2007
    I heard of this DS title through friends. Picked up the game and finished it in 2 weeks and a day or two. Overall, the game is great! It has the RPG aspect with equipable items, a crafting system for making items and weapons. The ability to capture your opponents and through the puzzle system, learn some of the spells they use. Also, there are many mounts you can aquire with their own I heard of this DS title through friends. Picked up the game and finished it in 2 weeks and a day or two. Overall, the game is great! It has the RPG aspect with equipable items, a crafting system for making items and weapons. The ability to capture your opponents and through the puzzle system, learn some of the spells they use. Also, there are many mounts you can aquire with their own combat spell and you can train them to increase your stats. The puzzle side of the game is very challenging and makes you think. As for the helper arrow in the game, well, it is mostly on the side of the AI with its suggestions, but again, makes you think about strategy. A definite good purchase. Expand
  15. AlanW.
    Jun 12, 2007
    Would be a 10 if not for the occasional crash- 1st DS game I've ever had crash on me! Overall though a superb RPG with an addictive puzzler twist!
  16. MattA.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This game is very addictive, and overall fun to play. The story is absolutely rediculous at times, and i laughed out loud at some of the dialogue. But the gameplay makes up for it, once you gain enough experience and are able to stand a fight against the sometimes self-favoring AI. This is a small problem, though, and as stated before is easily compensated for when you have more This game is very addictive, and overall fun to play. The story is absolutely rediculous at times, and i laughed out loud at some of the dialogue. But the gameplay makes up for it, once you gain enough experience and are able to stand a fight against the sometimes self-favoring AI. This is a small problem, though, and as stated before is easily compensated for when you have more experience. The crashes are not that bad because the game saves after every battle, so nothing is really majorily lost. Solid game. 7.8 out 10. Expand

#12 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007
#16 Most Shared DS Game of 2007

1. The parts may seem commonplace, but Puzzle Quest's blend of RPG and puzzle-game convention makes for something refreshingly unique and dangerously addictive.
  2. The PSP version loads a bit more slowly but looks better, and the DS version features lightning-fast loads but tosses in slightly sluggish, clunky touch-controls.
  3. Nintendo Power
    Also, the fact that enemy AI just happens to execute almost every move with near-perfection by lining up multiple turns in a row makes for some frustrating gameplay. [May 2007, p.87]