Rayman DS DS

7.6

1. May 20, 2012
    Rayman Ds is a lush and wonderful port of Rayman 2: TGE!

The controls work perfectly, the graphics are updated, and the charm is still here in this port.

On nintendo life, this got a 4.

Why?

I say no reason. Don't forget; this game came in 2004. Do you like this? Do you have a dsi? Buy Rayman for dsiware.
  2. LaurenW.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Great game, very addictive. Camera and controls are annoying at first but quite easy to ignore after a while. Touch screen completely useless though, which was disappointing. Also, the save feature is terrible due to the long levels. But all in all, I really enjoyed it.
  3. VerrecasG.
    Feb 26, 2005
    I have played it now5 hour and ITS BRILJANT because of the giant areas and very varied its even better then rayman 2 and 3.for the first area 1 played almost an hour to complete. the controls are very easy.its a masterpiece.
  4. TaylorL.
    Mar 28, 2005
    If you liked mario ds then get this game kuz itz like an expantion and itz cooler.
  5. MichealL.
    Apr 21, 2005
    The best game of the year for DS.
  6. ChadR.
    Apr 23, 2005
    This is an excellent platforming game with decent use of the touch pad although it only has a vitural joystick to touch and move, it's not bad. The camera can be a pain as well but it's addictive and it's rayman, what more do you want?
  7. Mr.GameReviewer
    Apr 14, 2007
    Ignore the reviews, this game is still the same awesome game that came out 10 years ago. Rayman 2 is still the best Rayman in the series and it's great it be able to play it on the DS. Due to the DS having no texture filtering, the game doesn't look as good as it should but it still looks great IMO. I always loved the environment, music and sound in Rayman 2 and it's all Ignore the reviews, this game is still the same awesome game that came out 10 years ago. Rayman 2 is still the best Rayman in the series and it's great it be able to play it on the DS. Due to the DS having no texture filtering, the game doesn't look as good as it should but it still looks great IMO. I always loved the environment, music and sound in Rayman 2 and it's all still here which is great. The controls using the touch screen, while taking some time to get used to, will eventually feel normal and if you've played Super Mario 64 DS, the controls are almost identical, but will take a bit of time to adjust. I had Rayman 3 before but found it absolutely..um how can I put it....crap? It was boring, the characters stupid english spoken American accents (no offence intended) ruined the whole magical, fantasy atmosphere of Rayman 2 where they spoke a jibberish language. Also, it was dead set boring, tried to be too different to Rayman 2 and I did not find it fun at all. You may think that both Rayman 2 and 3 are still Rayman so how can they both be so different? I'm not sure really, but Rayman 2's environment, characters and story are just so much better so I'm happy that I can play Rayman 2 on the DS cause it's still the same awesome game that it was back in the days! 10/10! Expand

#29 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#18 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

1. It's hard to imagine anyone splashing their moolah on Ninty's new handheld and being happy to entertain themselves with pedestrian ports of antique titles such as Rayman DS.
    The absence of the thumb stick perhaps dampens game play the most. Like we saw with "Mario DS," 3D platformers are heavily reliant on analog control, and the DS touch screen makes for a very poor analog stick indeed.
    A not-all-that-great port of a fantastic platformer, losing a ton in the translation of what made Rayman 2 so great in the first place. Sub-standard control and muddy graphics muck up the original's tight gameplay and vivid imagery.