Spyro: Shadow Legacy DS

5.7

1. Jan 2, 2011
    I love Spyro games.... well, I *used* to love them when Insomniac made them. This version was my first DS game that I played... and with a mix of confusing controls, confusing environments, confusing sense of depth, and a mediocre story, I just couldn't give support for this game... it left me very much confused in the end.
  2. LaurenW.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Awful. Don't buy it, even hardcore Spyro fans such as myself will find it unbelievably boring and uninspiring.
  3. BoboliS.
    Jun 14, 2006
    This Game is not how a spyro game should be. It is confusing, repetitive, has bad graphics, and glitchy. It is sort of fun if you can figure out what you are doing but I would not Reccommend it.
  4. LLloyd
    Nov 5, 2005
    Not the Spyro games we are used to at all... controls get confusing when same key is used for several different commands, instructions are given only once and are not repeated at all and do not give you any idea what you can do, leveling up and having to keep "teleporting" to get new "attacks" gets tiring, as does the switching back and forth between "phases"... We want the old Spyro Not the Spyro games we are used to at all... controls get confusing when same key is used for several different commands, instructions are given only once and are not repeated at all and do not give you any idea what you can do, leveling up and having to keep "teleporting" to get new "attacks" gets tiring, as does the switching back and forth between "phases"... We want the old Spyro back... this one is not impressive. Expand
  5. Jul 22, 2016
    VU did make one decent spyro game but that is 1 and it is not this one for sure! Shadow Legacy takes what you like from spyro games and mashes up into something complex.

#34 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005

The horrible production values are Spyro: Shadow Legacy's real killer.
  2. Nintendo Power
    It does mark a departure, adding light RPG elements to the isometric-adventure style seen on the GBA. [Dec 2005, p.112]
  3. Spyro would score a 5 were it to work properly - smack bang in the middle of middlyness, doing nothing well, and utterly without imagination (for goodness sakes, travelling back and forth between two versions of reality - where did they get that idea from?!).