6.0

1. May 27, 2012
    I bought Sims 3 thinking it would be somewhat similar to the PC version, I was terribly wrong. The graphics are way off and the way housing works, it is very limiting to what you can build/buy. Not only that but a couple of times it crashed for me, and the only good thing about this is how fishing works which is kind of addicting if you are into it. The creativity is very limited, as thereI bought Sims 3 thinking it would be somewhat similar to the PC version, I was terribly wrong. The graphics are way off and the way housing works, it is very limiting to what you can build/buy. Not only that but a couple of times it crashed for me, and the only good thing about this is how fishing works which is kind of addicting if you are into it. The creativity is very limited, as there are not as many things that you can buy than some other versions. Expand

1. Mar 9, 2011
    The Sims 3 provides the first open-world experience in the series for a Nintendo handheld, and does quite a good job of it, with enough options, subtlety, neighbours and mini-objectives that there's always something interesting to do. However, the content is limited to a somewhat narrow framework, and overall it's not immersive enough to provide anything much more complex than the original PC game.
  2. Feb 6, 2011
    A decent portable version. [Christmas 2010, p.74]
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    All in all, The Sims 3 for the DS is probably the most worthwhile handheld port of the series yet, and gamers who want to play the Sims but don't have a game-worthy computer or stationary console system can finally enjoy some of the proper Sims experience. If you've already got the heftier PC or console versions, though, I wouldn't bother unless you're really dying to Sim on the go.