Blackthorne Game Boy Advance

7.8

1. AdamM.
    Dec 4, 2003
    I remember this game from when it released on the old nintendo. It was the best sidescrolling action game I played that year and now playing it again on the GBA I'm reminded why. Sure it's no Prince of Persia but then again it wasn't trying to be no what the reviewers think. I love the little drone things and the way you have to think your past each screen as much as you I remember this game from when it released on the old nintendo. It was the best sidescrolling action game I played that year and now playing it again on the GBA I'm reminded why. Sure it's no Prince of Persia but then again it wasn't trying to be no what the reviewers think. I love the little drone things and the way you have to think your past each screen as much as you have to fight. A good effort from what was then a rookie studio and still a good game. Expand

#69 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2003

1. There aren't many thinking-man's action games like this on the GBA. [Dec 2003, p.187]
  2. While comparing BlackThorne to the classic "Prince of Persia," it's obvious that it isn't as good as the revolutionary title. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean it isn't an overall good game.
    As fun and challenging as the game is, Blackthorne is a finite design that's much shorter than Blizzard's previous two games. Once players make it through the adventure, there's nothing more waiting for them.