9.1

1. Mar 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. FFTA & Final Fantasy 8 are two games you must own and play the crap out of, if you love low-level playthroughs. At the very beginning of the game you're able to create a super powerful party, recruit assassins and ninjas and other speed demons, send them on infinitely repeatable dispatch missions to increase your clan level, thus obtaining rare powerful items. Once you've soaked countless hours into doing this optional fulfilling grinding, you can finally proceed with the story, which is awesome. Marche (the player) is the main villain, though you deduce this yourself, quite interesting. Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2013
    The game is great and follows what we expect of a final fantasy tactics game with new game mechanics.

If it was not for the dump end, i would give it a 10. Hope they port this one to PS3, VITA, PSP like the others.
  3. Aug 2, 2013
    Hands down my favorite game for the Game Boy Advance, and definitely in my top five in the Final Fantasy series. The game play is addictive, the job system makes you feel like you're actually getting some where with your characters, and the variety of races adds a nice spin to the game. I've lost track of the amount of times I've laid awake in bed, repeating "just one more battle and then I'll sleep.. wait that was over too soon, just one more.." Hours of great game play and a very, very large amount of replay value. I will cherish this game for years to come. Expand
  4. Jul 27, 2013
    This game resides comfortably on my personal Top Ten list at number 3, and was formerly my favorite game of all time, needless to say, I have a near infinite amount of good things to say about the game.

Longtime fans of the series (Final Fantasy Tactics.) see this game, and it's sequel as very unfortunate downhill turns the series made, while I can see where this comes from, because of
    the change in publisher/developer the game has changed its tone and even most of its gameplay dramatically. The story is not AS intensive as the first, I look more into it and see some heavily dramatic elements that deal the psyche of an abused school boy. The gameplay remains to be an extremely polished SRPG, with a completely customizable set of units. Being able to change everything about you're party lets you create your own style in battle, with each Job class being unique in your their own way, along with the fact that you can mix and match abilities from multiple jobs together to essentially make your own class makes character building extremely fun.

The missions and narrative provide a heavy emphasis on character and story, but only when you want it, with the literal hundreds of side-quests and optional additional story missions, most of which can be replayed, offer a deep experience from a gameplay and even story point of view. The clan territory system and clan wars game mechanics ALWAYS give you something new to do. The only complaint I had with the game was the laws system, which provides one or two restrictions on any given battle which alternate every in-game day, instead of spicing up gameplay by having to accommodate these laws, it just remains tedious, BUT it is used as a plot device to show the amount of corruption and misplaced power in the government, so I think this mechanic is excusable because it literally makes YOU feel the frustration of the protagonist in the story.

If you like RPG's, SRPG's, or played the previous title, I would HIGHLY recommend this game. It remains after ten years being one of my favorite games, and I hope that this review will encourage you to play it so it can become a favorite of yours as well. Get it on Amazon, or get the rom online, its worth a buy.
  5. May 9, 2013
    It just worth more than 10 out of 10! Final Fantasy Tactics is different than the others of the same licence. This game looks more that old Fire Emblem Sacred Stone

1. Simply the best the GBA has offered so far. With an engaging plot, a deep gameplay system that allows for as much customisation as any handheld RPG, and a length that is ridiculously good value, there really is no excuse not to own this game.
  2. A great RPG strong on replay value (the item trading and link-up systems are particularly handy) with great visuals and art style to match (Akihiko Yoshida's character designs have never been better). [Oct 2003, p.79]
  3. If a dictionary definition of "just-another-go" gameplay is ever to be written, this game will have to be featured as an example; and if a list of the best handheld games ever made is written, we'd expect to see this very near the top.