7.9

1. Chris
    Jan 2, 2005
    Avoid this game at all costs. The trailer looked great, I enjoyed the PS2 game from what I played, but this is unfogivable. There is no tutorial. The game took me 4 or 5 worlds to understand what the hell everything was, and I still don't know what every card means. The fighting is boring b/c every fight is the same. The boss battles are the only highlight, but that isn't saying Avoid this game at all costs. The trailer looked great, I enjoyed the PS2 game from what I played, but this is unfogivable. There is no tutorial. The game took me 4 or 5 worlds to understand what the hell everything was, and I still don't know what every card means. The fighting is boring b/c every fight is the same. The boss battles are the only highlight, but that isn't saying much. The story is slow, with the "..." over everyone's head, and the game overall is boring me to tears! It is the same thing in every world, besides the Pooh level which has no place in this game! Again avoid it at all costs, you will be disappointed. Apparently everyone that gives it a good score has not played more than 2 hours of it. Collapse
  2. Aug 13, 2016

#3 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2004
#11 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2004

1. A really excellent GBA game which pushes the little system to a degree that few games have tried.
  2. The levels are repetitive, boxy mazes with nothing interesting in them aside from battles, and the story's for fans only. Still, it's a technically excellent and fun game that begins to wear only through repetition and ease. [Jan 2005, p.84]
  3. Chain Of Memories' biggest problem is the repetitive nature of most of the rooms. In order to build up anything that even resembles a decent set of cards you'll need to repeat fights countless times to earn Moogle Points and experience, and the relatively limited number of different Heartless in each area can make this something of a chore.