Mario Kart Super Circuit Game Boy Advance

8.3

1. Nov 19, 2016
    The courses are well sometimes annoying but having the 2nd most tracks in a mario kart game so this game is amazing and you can play it on the go so it makes it 7 times better.
  2. Aug 14, 2016
    This game is a combination of Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64. It has the same general gameplay and track design of the original game, but the character models, sounds, and items are reminiscent of the N64 game. I like the soundtrack, contrary to what others say about it. The tracks, while flat like on the SNES, are fun to race on. Coins also make a return from the SNES. There is localThis game is a combination of Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64. It has the same general gameplay and track design of the original game, but the character models, sounds, and items are reminiscent of the N64 game. I like the soundtrack, contrary to what others say about it. The tracks, while flat like on the SNES, are fun to race on. Coins also make a return from the SNES. There is local multiplayer with one cartridge, 40 tracks, and a lot of challenge. You're getting the full package with this one. Expand
  3. Aug 1, 2016
    The game does lack variety and the courses are generic and standard mario kart tracks but everything else ranges from okay to good but this game isn't memorable.
  4. Jun 10, 2016
    I need more! I cant get enough of Mario Kart Super Circuit. The best game of the series. I love every course, aside from some of the poorly designed SNES tracks. The controls are difficult to master, but very smooth and responsive. I love this game miles ahead of any other Mario Kart.
  5. Apr 6, 2016
    This is the closest Mario Kart game you'll ever get to the Game Boy Advance. To these people who hate on this game, please don't because there won't be any more games like this on your Game Boy Advance. With Super Circuit, it remains being the best Mario Kart game on a classical handheld.
  6. Jan 29, 2016
    I actually think this game has the best graphics as a GBA game, and I really like the tracks, like Rainbow Road, Ribbon Road, Cheese Land, and Sunset Wilds. I honestly think this game is great, even though it's 15 years old.
  7. Nov 25, 2015
    Unlike what some others believe, Mario Kart Super Circuit is actually really fun and enjoyable.
    If you differ, that's entirely OK, but I say it's great! ;)
  8. Nov 14, 2015
    It's not the best Mario Kart game IMO but it is one of my favourite Game Boy Advance Games I've ever played. The Graphics are great for the GBA. The courses are awesome especially Snow Land. Boo Lake and Riverside Park are okay but a 10/10 for the design and visuals, and I hope to see in the next Mario Kart 8 DLC. The character selection is the same from Mario Kart 64 which is okay. TheIt's not the best Mario Kart game IMO but it is one of my favourite Game Boy Advance Games I've ever played. The Graphics are great for the GBA. The courses are awesome especially Snow Land. Boo Lake and Riverside Park are okay but a 10/10 for the design and visuals, and I hope to see in the next Mario Kart 8 DLC. The character selection is the same from Mario Kart 64 which is okay. The controls are good. Mario Kart Super Circuit is not the best Mario Kart game but you should definitely get it soon because it's worth playing and adding to your collection and if you hate MKSC or any other MK Game, you're BEYOND silly as JB. Expand
  9. Nov 14, 2015
    There is absolutely nothing good about this stupid game. The tracks are lame, the controls are messy and very hard to control, characters have nothing special because they suck and the music is simply horrible. Overall this game is a monstrosity to the gameboy and not even worth a rent.
  10. Aug 11, 2015
    Am I playing the same game as everyone else? I am? Why's this so overrated?
    It feels clunky, the sounds are weird, handling is awkward, what's so amazing about this???
    Easily the worst game in the series. People are giving this trash TENS.
    I gave this game extra points because it's a Mario Kart game.
  11. Feb 13, 2015
    My least favourite Mario Kart besides the SNES. But it's an okay game. The graphics are fine. The quality is horrible. The character selection is the same as the N64. The tracks are good but flat. Mario Kart Super Circuit isn't "that" good but it is worth getting to add to your Mario Kart collection.
  12. Dec 3, 2014
    I mean, there are good courses... to remake on newer consoles....

The game's controls are slippery, and the graphics are horrible. The Game Boy Advance sets this game back far. Don't play it unless you're a hardcore Mario Kart fan.
  13. Aug 16, 2014
    Game: Mario Kart Super Circuit
    Genre: Racing
    Developer: Intelligent Systems/Nintendo System: Gameboy Advance (GBA) Total Score: 81/100 Value Score: 8.1/10 • Story: */10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 8/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 6/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 9/10 • Player Value: 7/10 Pros +More characters than the original SNES version
    Game: Mario Kart Super Circuit
    Genre: Racing
    Developer: Intelligent Systems/Nintendo
    System: Gameboy Advance (GBA)
    Total Score: 81/100

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 7/10
    • Replay Value: 9/10
    • Player Value: 7/10

Pros
    +More characters than the original SNES version
    +Includes a whole new set of tracks along with the SNES version's tracks
    +Music has been remixed for the extra tracks
    +New modes such as Quick run which enables customization of races and vehicles and VS mode which allows multiplayer battles
    +Addition of backgrounds in race tracks adds a nice touch to the visuals

Cons
    -Extra tracks missing obstacles makes it seem like it was a rushed idea and very empty in design
    -Due to the GBA sound card, most of the sounds seem a bit off and sometimes some voices do not work at all or some sounds do not work.
    -The lack of the feather ability makes some of the extra track shortcuts seem useless
  14. Jul 28, 2014
    This is a pretty enjoyable entry for the series, it sports some nice graphics for the GBA. The control takes some time to get used to, but it's pretty good when you do. The tracks are fun and there are some great ideas. It's a barrel full of fun and while it is one of the hardest Mario Kart games, it's definitely a great one.
  15. Jun 20, 2014
    Maybe I just need to get used to the controls, but I found Super Circuit to be probably the worst game in the entire Mario Kart series and it seriously shocks me to see that this game got the highest score on Metacritic out of all the Mario Kart games. I mean the game is not bad, but it just fell flat for me and it kind just feels a bit dated for it's type of game.

Pros: -Atmosphere

Pros:
    -Atmosphere and character selection is fine.
    -The graphics are done well...well probably about as well as the GBA can handle.
    -Item selection is fine, the courses...not bad.
    -I like that they brought the courses from the original Super Mario Kart.

Cons:
    -Steering controls felt gimmicky which was bad for the loads of sharp turns this game had.
    -When you had no coins, there would be this annoying and repetitive beeping noise.
    -There is a delay when you run into a banana peel or a hazard like that where you would just shake a bit continue a little and then spin around out of control which is STUPID!
    -Like MK64, the Time Trails are very strict on how you can save the ghosts, like on Boo Lake if you bump into just one small edge of the stage it will immediately prevent you from saving the Ghost.
    -I didn't like Luigi's voice or his winning pose (I know, very nit-picky of me)
    -Also Nit-Picky but seriously, another giant Cheep-Cheep floating over the celebration stage. I am so glad they too that stupid thing out of Double-Dash and Mario Kart games beyond that.
    -Credits are un-skip-able, which is annoying, especially when the credit music is crap when compared to MK64's amazing credit music.

Overall, This is a Mario Kart i'd probably would say to skip unless you find it for a great deal.
  16. May 12, 2014
    This is the worst of the Mario Kart Games. The graphics suck, it's so hard to steer, and I hate that there's a limited number of retries for the Grand Prix.
  17. Feb 4, 2014
    For that time, it was the best racer on the GBA for sure and was hell fun. It was not easy to get the best ranking on all cups and the tracks were good and short, so doing a cup on the go was ok. However the controls were hard to handle and you need time to learn them, so there is a learning curve and beginners should have got a hard time. But the amount of what you can do was really surprising!
  18. Oct 29, 2013
    Such an underrated game, It has some of the best courses in Mario Kart history and it has 40 different courses. With that many courses you can play this game for hours.
  19. Sep 11, 2013
    I really LOVE this game. I played this game every single day and never got tired of it.

Mario Kart Super Circuit is just an amazing game. Score: 4/5.
  20. Sep 3, 2013
    Mario Kart Super Circuit feels like a buggy mess and it goes on for 10 cups making it by far the longest and (at least in my opinion) worst Mario Kart game.
  21. Mar 22, 2013
    While it is like the original, the original has not aged the best. The controls are floaty, but it is Mario kart, but only a decent one. The tracks are good but not great, in fact everything about this is only okay.
  22. Mar 2, 2012
    Even after Mario Kart 7, MKSC still has a lot of extreme fun. It has 40 tracks, more than any other game in the series. What's not to like in a racing game this good?
  23. Oct 27, 2011
    This game gives you 200%: 100% is a game of its own, with its 20 original courses, the other 100% is a remake of Super Mario Kart; fantastic and a timeless game that has high replay value
  24. Jun 4, 2011
    Mario Kart Super Circuit is truly a redefining game on the GBA. Pros: Fantastic graphics for the GBA; lots of characters, tracks, and options; lots of single-player and multiplayer value. Cons: The controls are a tad bit tough to adapt to.
  25. May 26, 2011
    I was surprised at how much this is like Mario Kart 64, what with the position of the camera. Featuring decent graphics and a boatload of courses, this one will keep you on the road.
  26. May 1, 2011
    It's "almost" all the fun of Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 right on your GBA. Pros: Excellent visuals and control; some of the best graphics on a GBA ever; single-player and multi-player mode are a blast; variety of characters and tracks. Cons: It can feel a bit repetitious, especially if it's the only GBA game you have.
  27. MarkH
    Aug 24, 2009
    A great racing game, my only complaint is that the coins are just flat out annoying, and i wish you could turn coins off in grand prix, luckily you will spend most of your time playing quick run and time trial where there are no coins if you dont want them
  28. BenK.
    Jun 28, 2008
    Mario Kart made a great comeback on the GBA, but most of the SNES type tracks weren't done completely well or weren't to their full entirety. Anyways, it's a great game for the GBA.
  29. RicardoH
    May 7, 2008
    It's a great game nintendo need to fix mario and luigi weakness. It's a fun game plus it got the other tracks from the snes version. No character is perfect not even peach and toad who is get push around like babies and bowser like a dumb onix with weight (he's dumb). I love the game, few flaws but hey a must have! Need to fix the steering.
  30. NixonTech
    Mar 23, 2008
    This is why mario has not aged well in my opinion.

#2 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2001
#10 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2001

1. One of the most ingenious games ever to come from the Nintendo stable.
  2. If you play this game over and over like I did, then you will find something new and challenging each and every time you plug it in.
  3. Fortunately, although the naming scheme has strayed from tradition, the gameplay is exactly what you expect of Mario Kart.