Metroid Fusion

Game Boy Advance
9.1

1. Marc
    Mar 21, 2004
    Samus Samus Samus...where art thou been all these years? You have been missed.
  2. IanW.
    Oct 4, 2003
    Linear, predictable, main enemies far too easy, bosses too hard. Poor show.
  3. B.S.
    Feb 8, 2003
    what the hell new layout? O well I like megaman zero better cause I didn't have to be a chicken sh.t and run away from a copy of myself(did enough of that in x6)
  4. UnknownX
    Mar 16, 2003
    Cool Sh.t!
  5. EGO-Xx
    Mar 31, 2003
    It's the SH!T
  6. ChuckK.
    Mar 19, 2004
    Great pacing, control, story, gameplay. can be a little tough to figure out at times, but it's worth the effort. no complaints.
  7. SeanT.
    Mar 30, 2004
    A solid title that captures the classic gameplay established in Super Metroid down to a tee! Challenging, intense and even nostalgic; Metroid 4 offers gamers a taste of the good life and gives dear Samus a new lease on life. With a slightly different flavor than before, this new spin on Samus comes packed with some awesome gamecube interactivity unlocking the Fusion suit in Metroid Prime A solid title that captures the classic gameplay established in Super Metroid down to a tee! Challenging, intense and even nostalgic; Metroid 4 offers gamers a taste of the good life and gives dear Samus a new lease on life. With a slightly different flavor than before, this new spin on Samus comes packed with some awesome gamecube interactivity unlocking the Fusion suit in Metroid Prime and the original Metroid game in Metroid Fusion. There's not excuse for not owning this. Period. Expand
  8. RobertA.
    Apr 6, 2004
    Can you hear that. that sounds good. really good. best sound ever.
  9. ChristopherG.
    Jul 30, 2005
    I think, thats the best game for GBA.
  10. MarioG.
    Feb 27, 2003
    It's a super Game!!!!!!!
  11. DylanW.
    Feb 8, 2004
    This is a great game with plenty of challenges, in every way this game is greatand extremely fun. And if you just play for cool abilities, the new abilities in this are eye-popping. BUY IT NOW IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT! YOU WILL LOVE IT!
  12. JoeS.
    Mar 19, 2004
    What the hell are you doing?! Turn off your computer and Buy This game NOW. If you don't hav a GBA buy GBA then buy this game!!!!!
  13. JaysonC-B
    Mar 20, 2004
    Great Game ^^.
  14. CloudStrife
    Apr 15, 2005
    Come on Ian W. you cannot RATE A GAME wit a 1!! Any game at least must take a 3. Come on dont be so low. I love the game.
  15. AndrewC.
    Feb 7, 2007
    Metroid Fusion is, without a doubt, the very best 2D Metroid game out there. Remember Super Metroid? Forget about it. Everything good about that game is here, but PERFECT. Perfect controls, visuals, sound, length, story, weapons, variety, and...well, everything. I have played this game through at least six times already, and I plan to go again. GET IT NOW!
  16. DivineStorm
    Jul 11, 2008
    An incredible game! Actually better than zero mission, because this game has a much deeper storyline and is three times longer than zero mission! Also beautiful graphics and gameplay.
  17. GregJ.
    Dec 19, 2002
    This game is a must buy. if you're a metroid fan this is a must have it brings back the classic metroid into a funfilled GBA game with better graphics. BEST GAME OUT THERE I THINK!!!
  18. JonS.
    Dec 7, 2002
    Amazing! Even the toughest Metroid fans like myself will be very satisfied.
  19. SamusL.
    Nov 18, 2003
    I love everything about this game! I beat it in a little over 11 hours. I really would have beaten it alot sooner except for that one tank, you know the one I'm talking about! Otherwise, a Grade A game!!
  20. Sourgorilla
    Aug 17, 2003
    Great gam but can't get past sector five, no way out.
  21. NickW.
    Apr 22, 2004
    Great sound,graphics, and story.
  22. Jarek
    Dec 28, 2006
    It's very interesting game with great graphic, story, and sound. I like this game since I saw first time it, this is no easy, but no hard game. The difficult is medium and I think Nintendo can continue creating games with this story
  23. CoreyS.
    May 25, 2006
    The first and best Metroid game I have ever played and also one of the only ones I've finished. It is a bit short but it is still a great game.
  24. J3
    May 31, 2006
    An amazing game. Sure it is a bit short and it tells you everything you have to do, but there are many hidden items that are hard to find and harder to get. To really beat this game, you must beat it with all the items in under 6 and a half hours. This gives you a harder and better ending. Which is challenging to most players. The good thing about the co iving you orders is that it is An amazing game. Sure it is a bit short and it tells you everything you have to do, but there are many hidden items that are hard to find and harder to get. To really beat this game, you must beat it with all the items in under 6 and a half hours. This gives you a harder and better ending. Which is challenging to most players. The good thing about the co iving you orders is that it is very clear where you have to go but it provides challenges on how to get there, and if you arent careful, the first few times you will need to watch carefully to beat the bosses as some(like the spider) can take out three life bars in one hit, and will continuously hit you if you don't know how to evade it. Expand
  25. TBone
    Feb 16, 2008
    Play control, visuals, sound are all outstanding. This is a BEAUTIFUL handheld game. My problem is with the difficulty level. You're weak and the enemies do TOO MUCH DAMAGE. Boss battles can be a major pain as well. On top of this you have to move fast to receive the best ending (I hear.) I sadly had to give it up out of frustration.
  26. DemonicAngel
    Dec 28, 2004
    In the solitary, exploration-based Metroid series, Metroid Fusion was something of an anomaly in that there was a well-defined story, and in that you were led around by the hand (well, voice... well, OK, printed text) of a computerized CO. Fortunately, whilst this tends to funnel the player into following a specific route through the game, it doesn't detract from the gameplay in the In the solitary, exploration-based Metroid series, Metroid Fusion was something of an anomaly in that there was a well-defined story, and in that you were led around by the hand (well, voice... well, OK, printed text) of a computerized CO. Fortunately, whilst this tends to funnel the player into following a specific route through the game, it doesn't detract from the gameplay in the slightest. To compensate for the reduced emphasis on navigating and exploring, Intelligent Systems have seen fit to jack up the difficulty significantly. Normal enemies soon start sapping whole energy tanks with one hit, and the huge bosses are downright horrible and will quickly kill you if you don't pay attention, making this probably the hardest of the latter-day 2D Metroids (not counting Metroid and M2:RoS). The unfolding story, whilst not very original, is conveyed well in the progression of the tasks you'll have to complete and the events that take place as you play. Graphics are for the most part very good, attractive and uncluttered. Sound is also very good, considering the limitations of the GBA's hardware. -- Overall, if you can put up with the difficulty and the story-driven nature of the game, Metroid Fusion is a worthwhile addition to your library. Expand
  27. MinceMeat
    Nov 14, 2005
    Interesting storyline, highly recommended
  28. Feb 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a tough metroid compared to the likes of super metroid but I really enjoyed the challenge. It sucks you in with it's atmosphere and pacing. And you'll be left dreading the sound of distant footsteps... because you'll learn that death is about to shoot you in the ass. Expand
  29. May 27, 2013
    Metroid Fusion is a near perfect 2D adventure game. The controls are pinpoint precise, the music and sound design are excellent and the famous atmosphere of the Metroid series has been carried over exactly. The difficulty is just about right too. There are some challenging bosses to be dealt with (namely the SA-X chase sequence and Nightmare) but nothing feels over-the-top unlike MetroidMetroid Fusion is a near perfect 2D adventure game. The controls are pinpoint precise, the music and sound design are excellent and the famous atmosphere of the Metroid series has been carried over exactly. The difficulty is just about right too. There are some challenging bosses to be dealt with (namely the SA-X chase sequence and Nightmare) but nothing feels over-the-top unlike Metroid Prime 2. the level design is fantastic too. Due to the game's more plot heavy nature, you've always got an objective to take care of. This makes the game more accessible than previous Metroid games. That said, the game still gives you more than enough exploration to do and parts like the AQA labyrinth will have you scratching your head and begging for a guide! Basically speaking, I love Metroid Fusion. It's one of my favorite 2D games of all time and a worthy successor to legendary Super Metroid. Expand
  30. Apr 5, 2012
    A masterpiece. An epic return to Samus, nice GBA graphics, the plot is very good indeed and hard difficulty... I loved this game when I was a child, and still loving it now.

#2 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2002
#1 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2002

1. Perhaps the only niggle that you can level at Metroid Fusion, is that the focus on strong story telling reduces the exploration aspect, an area that the Metroid series is virtually unrivalled in.
  2. GMR Magazine
    While the gameplay is faster, and more responsive than ever before, MF manages to feel even more claustophobic than in the past. That's a good thing. [Feb 2003, p.75]
  3. My favourite 2D Metroid yet... [and] the best platform adventure the GBA has.