Pokemon FireRed Version

1. B.O.
    Apr 10, 2004
    This game is AWESOME!
  2. Jul 21, 2015
    Welcome to Pokémon, a funny game that is overwhelmingly overrated!
    The story of the game is you, a kid that leaves home to be the best pokémon trainer. Yeah, that's the story. Nothing more than that, and it don't even complete a row! But yeah, I gotta give the credits to Lavender Town, which has a really terrifying atmosphere!
    Gameplay is horrible. For me, it's really horrible. The
    Welcome to Pokémon, a funny game that is overwhelmingly overrated!
    Gameplay is horrible. For me, it's really horrible. The character walks very slow (slow when running) and the walk is even slower when you need to face a couple of annoying Zubats and Paras on a cave (Yeah, I know about repel, but you will miss the experience points for sure). And the battle? It's very, very slow! That's why, on gameplay videos, I always see people using a fast forward feature.
    But yeah, gotta give the credits to the strategic battle system.
    Finally, I gotta say I have reasons to give this score. I played Pokémon FireRed, Blue version, Crystal version, Ruby/Emerald versions, and this review fits almost perfectly to the others (Except Ruby/Emerald. I enjoyed the story). So, I'll be happy if someone with better arguments disagree with me.

#1 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2004

1. Weekly Famitsu
    9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 33 gold [Vol 798; 30 Jan 2004]
  2. This game was built to appeal to both the veterans of the series and the new folks just itching to give Pokemon a try. It's a fair bet that the fans will get this game without much hesitation.
  3. GMR Magazine
    If you like wasting small bits of time here and there with your GBA - and especially if you're new to the series - this is still the best thing you get get on the portable. [Nov 2004, p.134]